What's one positive thing you can say about the last 24 hours of your life? 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
She's so pretty! Love those eyes! Congratulations, Grandma Judy!

I feel pretty well today, after yesterday's nasty headache. But I'm craving something sweet (so I stopped at the donut shop this morning). For some reason, after a bad headache, I need something sweet. I don't know why.

dragonheart

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
This morning we bought the paint, medicine cabinet/mirror and vanity lighting for my bathroom. So close to being done! The lighting has already been installed by an electrician friend of the family, too. I also got a new shower curtain rod to replace the disgusting old one. Pretty soon I'll be able to take showers in my own apartment again. 

Last edited:

rachelinaz

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I am able to buy my kitties 2 trees today. I am able to stock up on wet food at Petsmart.... last day. I am feeling pretty good today pain wise. Woohoo.

ondine

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
The last of my five grandchildren graduated from high school this week.  Two have finished college, one has a dog-grooming business, the fourth and fifth just graduated from high school and are headed to college in the fall.  So proud of all of them!

rachelinaz

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
We stalked up on cat food (man did we... see the food forum lol)at Petsmart *and* shared one of my coupons with a lady who had 2 feral dogs.
One was thrown from the car on the freeway in the heat! Poor dogs had such anxiety :( being in the store.

So glad I did. She was buying leashes and collars for her babies and some for the shelter. ♡♡♡

catsallaround

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My food controlled diabetic who got into the dry and spiked and was deathly ill is back to being food controlled. 

callista

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
We stalked up on cat food (man did we... see the food forum lol)at Petsmart *and* shared one of my coupons with a lady who had 2 feral dogs.
One was thrown from the car on the freeway in the heat! Poor dogs had such anxiety :( being in the store.

So glad I did. She was buying leashes and collars for her babies and some for the shelter. ♡♡♡
Kudos to her. Rehabbing feral dogs is a big job. But she must've been doing relatively well if she was to the point of taking them to Petsmart, that's a pretty new and scary experience for an unsocialized dog!

rachelinaz

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
The dogs were not happy... they were flippin out. Smaller dogs. I'm thinking chuawauwau (sp?). Why she took then unless to fit them in a collar but she never brought them out so again not sure why they were there. Each had their own cage.
Kudos to her. Rehabbing feral dogs is a big job. But she must've been doing relatively well if she was to the point of taking them to Petsmart, that's a pretty new and scary experience for an unsocialized dog!

catsallaround

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Wow that sounds a bit strange.  Socializing is one thing but to bring dogs in on a known busy day for collars-could easily measure them at home and with Petsmarts return policy would not worry about the wrong size. Glad at least they were caged and not a bite risk but feel sorry for them.

rachelinaz

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I thought it was odd too... luckily it was not busy but if either or both dogs saw anything move... they freaked out.

According to the lady they were not socialized and she "should socialize" them.

The lady lost her husband last year, so maybe that's why she was like she was? I learned a lot. Lol. Maybe they were feeding off her anxiety. Nicest lady though. She had 2 handfuls of leashes and collars.

Wow that sounds a bit strange.  Socializing is one thing but to bring dogs in on a known busy day for collars-could easily measure them at home and with Petsmarts return policy would not worry about the wrong size. Glad at least they were caged and not a bite risk but feel sorry for them.

catsallaround

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

Oh no...I'm glad your kitty is OK. 
Have had him since a day old and he is a real special one.  I took him in last week thinking it was over as so out of it-nothing like when he fist was diagnosed and had nothing left in him to give/would not stand up.  He is back to himself and 3 days of normal reading now!  Putting on weight he lost and getting into trouble so I am a happy Mommy! 

We have enough to cover our bills and plenty of food. And will be caught up next check with money we borrowed.

catsallaround

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I thought it was odd too... luckily it was not busy but if either or both dogs saw anything move... they freaked out.

According to the lady they were not socialized and she "should socialize" them.

The lady lost her husband last year, so maybe that's why she was like she was? I learned a lot. Lol. Maybe they were feeding off her anxiety. Nicest lady though. She had 2 handfuls of leashes and collars.
Loss is so sad and can do so much damage to the survivors.  Glad they seem to be in a good home with sweet lady to care for them.

peaches08

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

Have had him since a day old and he is a real special one.  I took him in last week thinking it was over as so out of it-nothing like when he fist was diagnosed and had nothing left in him to give/would not stand up.  He is back to himself and 3 days of normal reading now!  Putting on weight he lost and getting into trouble so I am a happy Mommy! 

We have enough to cover our bills and plenty of food. And will be caught up next check with money we borrowed.
I'm assuming DKA?  My old diabetic cat never got DKA but my understanding is it is scary.

catsallaround

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Most likely but he had that first time for sure(full senior panel run last time but this time I could not afford it).  This past time I got his numbers lowered pretty fast but he stopped eating and I was forcing the calorie supplement on him and doing sub-q fluids and that got him eating again but then he collapsed with no warning at a good number.

And just to prove he had no idea where do you think he is stalking? Door where dry cat food is stored begging to be let in.  Uh huh...

micknsnicks2mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
i got rid of the infection in my lower leg! i used a method that my aunt (a retired doctor) told me to use when i get the start of an infection -- hot as you can stand it compress on the area or soak the area in hot as you can stand it water, again and again until the hot feeling on the skin is gone. i'm prone to developing cellulitis, but this method has gotten rid of three heading towards cellulitis infections over the last couple years or so for me.

andrya

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
l've been wanting to get rid of my ground floor carpet and put in hardwood. l've been scouring sales but everything was too expensive. So l checked out kijiji and sure enough someone had just what l needed for $1.00 sq ft. So l took a nice drive over to Quebec with the truck and picked it up.

Status
Not open for further replies.