What's for dinner?

Status
Not open for further replies.

catlover19

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
You've gotta be kidding me! MY birthday is Sept 4th!!!
It seems to be a popular birthday. My best friend's son's birthday as well as my husbands grandpa who passed away. My daughter is named after my husbands grandpa (he was Aime, she is Aimee) and she was born on his birthday. 

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise

It seems to be a popular birthday. My best friend's son's birthday as well as my husbands grandpa who passed away. My daughter is named after my husbands grandpa (he was Aime, she is Aimee) and she was born on his birthday. 
I have 3 friends on September 4th as well. lol

Last edited:

moggymomma

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Lol Sept seems to be a popular month. My stepson, his mom, me, my daughter, a cousin, a best friend, my sons dad... and that's just the ones I can think of off the top of my head. My sons birthday also falls onhis grandfather's birthday. July 27th.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
I took a bit of sausage out of the freezer last night. I'm thinking breakfast for dinner tonight. Either sausage and pancakes or omelets.

Rick has a union meeting after work and he bowls early tonight. And I have to run down to the Hallmark store at the mall.....I want to get this year's Tasmanian devil tree ornament for dear Richard for Christmas, so I'll wait til he heads out to bowl, then I'll go down to the mall.

stewball

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I had a late breakfast/lunch early supper. I had miao soup and sushi called 'rainbow'. Very tasty. I also ordered spring rolls but was too full so took them home and ate them at about 10pm

jcat

Mo(w)gli's can opener
Veteran
Purraise
Homemade pizza topped with ham, peppers, artichokes and lots of mozzarella. Who'd have thought Mogli went nuts over artichokes? He begs for anything, but he was especially persistent today.

stewball

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Gosh I don't remember the last time I had lamb
How do you roast it and what do you have with it?
Dinner? No idea.

sivyaleah

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
 Molasses cookies. No really!

But only because we had a late lunch out at a Brazilian restaurant.  Had Feijoada, which is that countries national dish.  A black been and meat stew served over white rice.  We have a ton of it left over.  But I don't think we'll really want dinner now, so dessert is sounding good.

dejolane

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I just snacked a bit and husband made his own cheeseburgers. I try to get him to make his dinner every now & then. 

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
Rick wants chili, so I took a container out of the freezer last night. (That man could live on chili, spaghetti, and meatloaf. And a beef stew thrown in from time to time.)

sivyaleah

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Ok I'm kind of bummed right now.

My office is having a big yearly meeting for the principals, directors and associates, along with me (office manager) and our communications director.  3pm today for like 3 hours.

They made reservations afterwards for a seriously fancy, expensive meal for everyone.  But, it was never made clear that I was actually invited.  Typical around here.

So, my boss comes around this morning and says to me "You are coming to dinner aren't you?"  And I'm like, well I wasn't really invited to the dinner and, I'm not dressed for it (this is a top NYC place, I'm wearing jeans and sneakers for heaven's sake!).  He actually apologized, and said he thought it would be fine if I came like I was.  But, I didn't plan on this, and I feel bad because Tom should have been invited also - all the spouses are going.  So - no, not going.  I guess I'll make sure he remembers to add me for next year lol.

So dinner tonight?  I haven't a clue but it won't be a $50 a plate seafood (and then some) with matching expensive wines.  DARN.

Status
Not open for further replies.