What's for dinner?

Status
Not open for further replies.
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
It's supposed to be another nice day today.....we might even get in the low 60s before it starts to cloud over late this afternoon. I took two pork chops out of the freezer for the outside grill tonight. And I have a nice butternut squash to chunk up and toss into the oven. I love roasted squash. It develops such a nice caramel taste that is delicious.

Well, I spoke too soon. It's cloudy and rainy this morning. I got my issue of Cooks Country on Friday, though, and there's a recipe in there for a pork chop casserole. Think I'll try that since I won't be grilling outside this afternoon....unless it stops raining.

Last edited:

stewball

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I haven't decided yet. O may have frozen schnitzel and french fries with an avocado.

stewball

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I made a massive salad with cherry tomatoes quartered, chopped cucumber, chopped avocado, chopped persimmon, halved black grapes, lettuce, tinned corn and a schnitzel cut up with salt, pepper and mayonnaise. I thought noway will I be able to finish this. I'll have some tomorrow. Tomorrow? Ha! All gone. Yum yum.

mamabirdy

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Stewball, I use a pressure cooker but don't use the weight on it. I brown the chuck beef in a small amount of oil then add a couple of small chopped onions and about 1 1/2 pints of stock, let it simmer for about 2 hours then I add swede, parsnips, carrots and about 2 tablespoons of Jack Daniels BBQ sauce and if necessary more stock to cover. I let that cook for about 40 mins then add the dumplings and cook for a final 1/2 hour. A trick I have to flavour the dumplings is to add some dried sage and onion stuffing mix before I add the water. This adds some extra flavour to to stew.

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Chicken Pot Pie made with some leftover chicken I had from cooking a whole one.  I got the butter flavored Crisco to make the crust.  It looks pretty!  It's cooling in our dishes now so we can eat!!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
I have a chicken pot pie on my list for this week, too. Comfort food at its best.

I have a planning commission meeting today right after work, so I probably won't get home until around 6:00 or so. Dinner will be broiled tilapia...Rick is chief cook tonight.

stewball

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Stewball, I use a pressure cooker but don't use the weight on it. I brown the chuck beef in a small amount of oil then add a couple of small chopped onions and about 1 1/2 pints of stock, let it simmer for about 2 hours then I add swede, parsnips, carrots and about 2 tablespoons of Jack Daniels BBQ sauce and if necessary more stock to cover. I let that cook for about 40 mins then add the dumplings and cook for a final 1/2 hour. A trick I have to flavour the dumplings is to add some dried sage and onion stuffing mix before I add the water. This adds some extra flavour to to stew.
Thank you and welcome to our whatever you call it!

Status
Not open for further replies.