What's for dinner?

Status
Not open for further replies.

happybird

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I made salad with grilled chicken, sharp cheddar and dried cherries. It was delicious with some fresh ground pepper and ranch. And I have a gigantic Hershey bar to nibble on all night while I read.

I have been using Ocean Spray cherry flavored dried cranberries a lot lately. They are fantastic when added to salads or chicken salad with mayo. They have orange flavored ones I want to try out next.

moggymomma

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Went out to the BarU Ranch restaurant for dinner. It's two years since the ol'man and I moved in together so we were celebrating. Wings and drinks.

Last edited:

forest44

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I have never heard of Mississippi mud cake, and yet im american. Must not be a big thing

tammat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have never heard of Mississippi mud cake, and yet im american. Must not be a big thing
It may not even be an American thing? It could just be an Australian version of American food. Apparently our Chinese food is nothing like food in China.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
Rick needs a hair trim, so we're off to the mall tonight after work. I think we'll probably stop in for a slice of hoagie pizza while we're there. 

jcat

Mo(w)gli's can opener
Veteran
Purraise
I LOVE spaetzle! I must try this recipe.
You can make it without the milk, too, and not wait 30 minutes. I usually use 4 eggs to a lb. of flour and add just enough water to give it a "thin toothpaste" consistency. I also cheat and brown the onions in butter in the microwave, then layer the spätzle, cheese and onions, adding a little more butter and pepper, and zap everything in the microwave to melt the cheese and get the spätzle hot again.

jcat

Mo(w)gli's can opener
Veteran
Purraise
I think it is, but I just do it in the microwave because it's quicker and there's less to clean up. Some recipes call for milk, others water, and a lot of people use fewer eggs. After some experimenting, I've found that 4 eggs to about one pound of flour tastes best to us. I have a tendency to just dump the ingredients in a bowl, rather than measure carefully.

stewball

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Meat balls in a tomato sauce, chicken and veggies patties, rice, coleslaw and a mixed salad.

stewball

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It may not even be an American thing? It could just be an Australian version of American food. Apparently our Chinese food is nothing like food in China.
We probably wouldn't be able to eat the food in China.

Status
Not open for further replies.