What's for dinner?

Status
Not open for further replies.

stewball

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
What I do is saute thin chicken breasts in a pan with olive oil until they're just about to where I want them, then take them out and wrap it in foil to stay warm. Then mince some garlic into the pan with a couple tablespoons of olive oil over medium heat. When it's just started to brown, add a 14.5 ounce can of Italian seasoned diced tomatoes, a teaspoon of sugar, a teaspoon of oregano, and salt and pepper to taste. Bring that to a boil and continue to boil until most of the liquid has evaporated. [To speed up the process, withhold some of the liquid from the tomatoes when adding them.] Remove from heat, add 1/2 cup cream and a tablespoon of butter. This is when I usually add a few tablespoons of freshly chopped basil also. Then return to heat, add the chicken, and simmer about 5 minutes.  Viola... Herbed rose sauce. 

PRO TIP: When working with garlic, break however many cloves you need off the bulb, place into a plastic container or glass jar that is a fair amount larger than the cloves, and shake vigorously for 10 seconds. Remove the shaken garlic to a clean surface and the skins will peel right off. No hassle!
That sounds wonderful. Thank you. Yum.

stewball

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh all you wonderful cooks.
Frozen schnitzel chips and a big hard tomato.

catlover19

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

What I do is saute thin chicken breasts in a pan with olive oil until they're just about to where I want them, then take them out and wrap it in foil to stay warm. Then mince some garlic into the pan with a couple tablespoons of olive oil over medium heat. When it's just started to brown, add a 14.5 ounce can of Italian seasoned diced tomatoes, a teaspoon of sugar, a teaspoon of oregano, and salt and pepper to taste. Bring that to a boil and continue to boil until most of the liquid has evaporated. [To speed up the process, withhold some of the liquid from the tomatoes when adding them.] Remove from heat, add 1/2 cup cream and a tablespoon of butter. This is when I usually add a few tablespoons of freshly chopped basil also. Then return to heat, add the chicken, and simmer about 5 minutes.  Viola... Herbed rose sauce. 

PRO TIP: When working with garlic, break however many cloves you need off the bulb, place into a plastic container or glass jar that is a fair amount larger than the cloves, and shake vigorously for 10 seconds. Remove the shaken garlic to a clean surface and the skins will peel right off. No hassle!
That sounds delicious. Ours was a package that you add milk and cook. 

blueyedgirl5946

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
We had stir fried cabbage, sweet potato fries, corned beef hash, pickled beets and fruit cocktail.

stewball

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm an awful cook. If something is being cooked, it's probably my husband or mother in law. :lol3:

Tonight we had beef pies and french fries. Both frozen and just thrown in the oven.
I can cook. I used to when the kids were small and for visitors and until the kids left home and when the 4 of them came Friday nights for supper but I sort of lost the knack. Now Friday nights my daughter cooks and either brings it or cooks here with help from my DiL.
I now share my apartment with my ex, he had big financial problems so I told him to come back! , but we have separate bedrooms. Anyway I'm not going to stand cooking for him. I do sometimes over the weekend. So frozen it is but I buy microwaveable food.

mamabirdy

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I make corned beef hash by mixing a tin of corned beef into mashed potato that has been cooked with onions and then add a tin of baked beans and then put it under the grill to brown up.

nurseangel

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Tonight it's a grilled cheese sandwich, I think.  I was to make a chicken salad that some friends of parents taught them to make long ago.  It's my favorite meal.  But I'm too tired, so it will have to wait until tomorrow. 

catlover19

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I make corned beef hash by mixing a tin of corned beef into mashed potato that has been cooked with onions and then add a tin of baked beans and then put it under the grill to brown up.
That sounds like a yummy way to make it. I'm lazy and a bad cook so I just put a can of corned beef and a can of potatoes in a frying pan and fry it until crispy with some salt and pepper.

tammat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Atlantic salmon in a rich cheese and dill sauce wrapped in puff pastry with a side salad. ( store bought) it's the first time we have had it. It sounds delicious, let's hope it is!!!!

AbbysMom

At Abby's beck and call
Staff Member
Purraise
I made a Portuguese stew the other day in the crockpot and we will have the rest of it for supper tonight.

stewball

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I think we're having fried eggs and chips and baked beans

My sister and bil are coming and it's her favourite meal.

Status
Not open for further replies.