What's for dinner?

caleeko

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Yosemite

How can anyon have only a tiny bit of gravy? I have my mashed potatoes swimming in it. I have some nice chicken gravy left over from the roasted chicken I made on Sunday - guess what I'm having tonight! I'm guessing that you folks use gravy mixes in order to have gravy all the time. I only have gravy when I have drippings from whatever meat I cook to make it. I hate packaged/canned gravies.
I'm a huge fan of sausage gravy. I keep a box of breakfast sausage patties in the freezer just to fry up and make gravy

rosiemac

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise

How can anyon have only a tiny bit of gravy?.
I just like the top of the food covered with it, otherwise all i seem to taste is the gravy

I'm guessing that you folks use gravy mixes in order to have gravy all the time.
Yes, i do it the lazy way, and the same with my yorkshire puddings as well, their always cooked and frozen. My mum would turn in her grave knowing that

Tonight i'm having steak, mushrooms and onions with a baked potatoe, and NO gravy

alleygirl

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Today I have a beef brisket in the crockpot. It marinated in some spices and sauces overnight and will be ready for dinner this evening. Its one of the recipes that came in my recipe book from my SS. It smells delicious!

alleygirl

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by gemlady

Leftovers from Thanksgiving. What else?
We went out for dinner yesterday, so no turkey leftovers. The bbq brisket will be ready in about an hour though and I'm dying to try it. It smells sooooo yummy!

yam102284

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Just a frozen pizza tonight. Don't feel much like cooking, and it's usually what we do on Friday nights.

rapunzel47

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Not sure at this point. The Boy is in the midst of the cold I'm just getting over, so I'm not sure what his appetite will be like, though as of this morning he was anticipating a normal, if light, appetite. I'll get my marching orders before I leave the office
and shop on the way home, if necessary. It's our night for a special dinner, and would have been his already postponed birthday dinner, so it would be nice if he's up to a normal meal, but if not, we'll just go with the flow.

miagi's_mommy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
We had leftovers from Thanksgiving and probably will for a few more days.

rapunzel47

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I'm pleased to report that the Boy's appetite was in fine form and he asked for sole. He got it, too. Fillets, panfried, garnished with tomato, tarragon and lime, accompanied by fresh asparagus and Jasmine rice. Butter tarts for dessert. A most satisfactory meal.

tierre0

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
They had pork tenderloin on special when I was shopping today so I am making broiled pork medallions, with passion fruit glaze. Roasted red potatoes, and steamed asparagus for dinner.
I haven't ate since breakfast and my stomach is gurgling just thinking about it...

essayons89

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Rosiemac

You can't have a dinner like that without a bit gravy
It would be too dry otherwise

Through the week i make sure i have my vegetables, but i can't have them without anything on them
I only have a tiny bit gravy because i hate my food swimming in it
I love gravy. If you have gravy you also have to have dippin' bread to sop the gravy up. Yummy....I go for something covered in gravy right about now.