What's for dinner?

tierre0

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Today I am making pot roast with potatoes, savory cabbage with lots of butter and garlic and seasoned green beans.
Not sure about dessert I have some bananas that are to ripe so I may make some banana pudding from them..

rapunzel47

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Nothing exciting, I'm afraid. Last night was supposed to be the boy's birthday dinner, but the cook is down with the cold to end all colds, so HE made the tomato soup. He's a good boy. Tonight he gets to sing the concert our choir has been preparing, while I clean up the rest of the soup.
Ask me if I'm feeling just a tad sorry for myself.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

AbbysMom

At Abby's beck and call
Staff Member
Purraise
We went out o eat yesterday so it was pasta al forno with chicken and sausage. We had a chicken quesadilla as an appetizer and peanut butter pie as dessert.

Today will be chicken in a pomegranate sauce with rice pilaf and vegetables.

tierre0

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Tonigh will be left-over night at my house. Did pot-roast lastnight so tonight it's a hot roast beef sandwich, with mashed potatoes, and green beans. For dessert some fruit cocktail I guess.

babyharley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Last night was beef roast, mashed potatoes, veggies and garlic bread - tonight will be leftovers

pami

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Im having hot pita bread, dipped in olive oil, dipped in a mixture of spices with a side of green olives and hot tea.

babyharley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Pami

Im having hot pita bread, dipped in olive oil, dipped in a mixture of spices with a side of green olives and hot tea.
I'm coming to eat at your house!

spudsmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
DH worked late tonight so I'm just getting ready to make some French Dip Sandwiches. Plus we had one of the outside cats get in and that took some time to throw the Insiders in our room and find the hidey hole where the outsider was.
What a cat rodeo!

rosiemac

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by AlleyGirl

Susan, you have gravy on everything!
You can't have a dinner like that without a bit gravy
It would be too dry otherwise

Through the week i make sure i have my vegetables, but i can't have them without anything on them
I only have a tiny bit gravy because i hate my food swimming in it

yosemite

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by Rosiemac

You can't have a dinner like that without a bit gravy
It would be too dry otherwise

Through the week i make sure i have my vegetables, but i can't have them without anything on them
I only have a tiny bit gravy because i hate my food swimming in it
How can anyon have only a tiny bit of gravy? I have my mashed potatoes swimming in it. I have some nice chicken gravy left over from the roasted chicken I made on Sunday - guess what I'm having tonight! I'm guessing that you folks use gravy mixes in order to have gravy all the time. I only have gravy when I have drippings from whatever meat I cook to make it. I hate packaged/canned gravies.