What's for dinner?

chadsgirl374

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I'm baking a ham now (and it smells divine). I'll be making my homemade macaroni and cheese in about 1 hr. and also the cornbread. We are having black eyed peas as a side. YUM!

yosemite

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by chadsgirl374

I'm baking a ham now (and it smells divine). I'll be making my homemade macaroni and cheese in about 1 hr. and also the cornbread. We are having black eyed peas as a side. YUM!
Ooooh, sounds good! Can I come?

spudsmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Well, I got off work before noon today so I've now got a big and I mean BIG pot of stew brewing. It smells so good. My DH is gonna freak when he sees how much I made, it's just the two of us. I got started and I just kept adding, as my best friend gave me a bunch of root veggies. The only thing I didn't put in it was the beets.

So my questions are...does stew freeze very well, and what can I do with fresh beets?

yam102284

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I made a potato soup in the crockpot tonight. It smells really good, and can't wait. It's almost done
I think we'll have some leftover ham with it as well.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

AbbysMom

At Abby's beck and call
Staff Member
Purraise
I had a late lunch, so right now dinner is consisting of a martini.

pami

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by AbbysMom

I had a late lunch, so right now dinner is consisting of a martini.
That sounds like a great dinner. What kind are you having?

butzie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by spudsmom

Well, I got off work before noon today so I've now got a big and I mean BIG pot of stew brewing. It smells so good. My DH is gonna freak when he sees how much I made, it's just the two of us. I got started and I just kept adding, as my best friend gave me a bunch of root veggies. The only thing I didn't put in it was the beets.

So my questions are...does stew freeze very well, and what can I do with fresh beets?
I free stews because there have really only been 2 of us in the winters in the past years. The veggies can be a little mushy, but then in a stew they usually are. I freeze the stew in 2 serving size containers.

Funny, but we are having the rest of the Spicy Italian sausage and pepper stew I made last week. It was
I have a sourdough baguette and a cantaloupe to serve with it.

naia

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I'm making sloppy joes tonight with some home fries. Mmm!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

AbbysMom

At Abby's beck and call
Staff Member
Purraise
Originally Posted by butzie

I free stews because there have really only been 2 of us in the winters in the past years. The veggies can be a little mushy, but then in a stew they usually are. I freeze the stew in 2 serving size containers.

Funny, but we are having the rest of the Spicy Italian sausage and pepper stew I made last week. It was
I have a sourdough baguette and a cantaloupe to serve with it.
I also make big batches of soup and stew and freeze into meals for the future. Isn't is great on a day you don't have that much time to be able to pop that out of the freezer?

Originally Posted by Pami

That sounds like a great dinner. What kind are you having?
I am test-driving one made out of schmirnoff citrus vodka, triple sec and lime juice for Thanksgiving. It's a keeper.

pami

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by AbbysMom

I am test-driving one made out of schmirnoff citrus vodka, triple sec and lime juice for Thanksgiving. It's a keeper.
Oh that sounds really good!

miagi's_mommy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
We had barbecued chicken and I am having pumpkin spice jello pudding for dessert (it's just out of an instant box I bought) ...

tierre0

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Rosiemac

Tonight i'm having roast chicken, boiled potatoes, cabbage, turnip and yorkshire pudding with thick chicken gravy and a little sage and onion stuffing on the side
Hmmm that sounds really good. I still have some left-over chicken so I guess I will do a hot chicken sandwich, potatoes and green beans.
Not sure about dessert have to go shopping in a bit so maybe some frozen yogurt.

rapunzel47

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Well, DH is out of town, so last night was pasta in front of the computer. Tonight will depend on which ferry he gets, and therefore whether I'm cooking for one or two.

sharky

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
tonight is left over sirlion and whatever I come up with