What's for dinner? - 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.

catlover19

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Do you use frozen pierogies? Can I maybe make it in the crock pot?
Yes you can make it in the crock pot, just cook the bacon first. I fry the bacon, onions and peppers together and when it's almost done, I put in a little garlic. Mix that with perogies (yes frozen) with soup, sour cream (I used about half the soup can of sour cream) and a bit of milk to thin it out. Then cheese on top. You can use ham instead of bacon too. It's yummy, my son loved it too.

miagi's_mommy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

OMG! That sounds SO good!

Made with some good prosciutto and baby swiss cheese on a bed of garlic fettucini alfredo! 

I'm going to have to make some of this soon!
I don't really like swiss - we used mozzarella, ham lunchmeat slices and chicken breast. It was quite tasty! Plus we have to watch the sodium intake with my mom having to eat low sodium. We had homemade french fries with it.

Last edited:
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
I think tonight will be pizza night. I took a dough ball out of the freezer last night and threw it into the fridge to thaw. Turkey pepperoni, lots of caramelized onions, green peppers (with a few chopped Mariachi peppers mixed in), some sauteed mushrooms, some grated Swiss and some PepperJack cheeses.

AbbysMom

At Abby's beck and call
Staff Member
Purraise
I think tonight will be pizza night. I took a dough ball out of the freezer last night and threw it into the fridge to thaw. Turkey pepperoni, lots of caramelized onions, green peppers (with a few chopped Mariachi peppers mixed in), some sauteed mushrooms, some grated Swiss and some PepperJack cheeses.
Other than the mushrooms, that sounds delicious!

I made kielbasa and sauerkraut last night. We'll be having the rest tonight.

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
Other than the mushrooms, that sounds delicious!

I made kielbasa and sauerkraut last night. We'll be having the rest tonight.
I take it you don't care for mushrooms (or raisins) 

I like your kielbasa and sauerkraut idea!

dennis47

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
How do you make chili. I like spicy. Do you cook a lot?
I am no expert on cooking!
Basically, I buy a can of good chilli in the grocery store, then add the peppers. I also add  a half-table spoon of butter, and the same amount of mayo. I cannot handle the spicy stuff, and that's why I add those last two items, as it keeps my ulcers (5 at last count--yikes!) at bay. Plus it makes the chilli spread in amount a little bit, although very very little. And it's tasty too!

fyllis

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Left overs...

Last night I did a quick and easy homemade red sauce (pureed tomatoes, sauteed garlic and onions with a pinch of salt and pepper and a drizzle of honey to cut the acidity) with pasta and a couple roasted chicken thighs and steamed asparagus. 

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
Rick's Family-Famous Burgers. 
 I took some ground beef out of the freezer yesterday morning and stuck it in the fridge to thaw. We're going to grill them outside, even though it's colder today. 

miagi's_mommy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My parents are having homemade split pea and ham soup (done in the crockpot) and since I don't like it I am going to make a salad.

stewball

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Left overs...

Last night I did a quick and easy homemade red sauce (pureed tomatoes, sauteed garlic and onions with a pinch of salt and pepper and a drizzle of honey to cut the acidity) with pasta and a couple roasted chicken thighs and steamed asparagus. 
You use honey to cut the acidity in tomato sauce. I used to use vinegar and somebodyelse said carrots.
Which is it?

Status
Not open for further replies.