What's for dinner? - 2015

Status
Not open for further replies.

kntrygrl256

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I didn't cook dinner last night. My DD graduated from high school and we went out to eat before the ceremony. I had Chicken Alfredo and a salad.

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
Congrats to your DD, kntrygrl256!

I took some shrimp out of the freezer last night to thaw in the fridge. I haven't decided if I want to make Tequila-Lime Grilled Shrimp with snow peas and mushrooms or just make some Cajun Shrimp with snow peas and mushrooms. I'm really hungry for some grilled mushrooms and I have a package of fresh 'shrooms in the fridge.

Last edited:

kntrygrl256

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise

Congrats to your DD, kntrygrl256!

I took some shrimp out of the freezer last night to thaw in the fridge. I haven't decided if I want to make Tequila-Lime Grilled Shrimp with snow peas and mushrooms or just make some Cajun Shrimp with snow peas and mushrooms. I'm really hungry for some grilled mushrooms and I have a package of fresh 'shrooms in the fridge.
Thanks Winchester. We are very proud of her.

Either of those sound delicious. My BF has been sick for the past week so we have been eating bland.  I'm use to spicy foods and bland don't work for me but if he can't eat it, I'm  not going to eat it in front of him.

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
Yesterday was my sister's birthday. We are spending the day today doing some clothes shopping, looking at dishwashers, etc. She dearly loves our local Chinese buffet and I always take her there for dinner for her birthday. Well, I give her her choice....she and I both love liver and onions, too. Sometimes she'll decide she'll want me to make her liver; other times, we'll do Chinese. Tonight it is Chinese.

Mom always made my sister and I liver and onions for our birthdays. We love the stuff. We didn't like it at all when we were younger, but as we got older, we decided it was good stuff. We only ate it twice a year, for my birthday and for hers. Since Mom is no longer with us, I make it now.

kntrygrl256

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
My BF has been sick so we ate sandwiches because it is easier on his stomach.  We had ham and egg sandwich with tomato.

bbdoll22

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Grilled marinated flank steak with snow crab legs and couscous and a salad.
It's Our eight year anniversary.

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
Aw, man! BBDOLL22! I'm starving to death!

I had a sandwich tonight. First sandwich I've had in a while and it tasted good. But it wasn't marinated flank steak!

Last edited:

bbdoll22

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Flank steak marinated in evoo, garlic, thyme, rosemary and parsley.
Nice and rare. Was out of this world.

catlover19

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I made chicken coated in garlic oil and then dipped in bread crumb/parmesan cheese/spices and baked with a side of roasted asparagus.

miagi's_mommy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Egg rolls that my mom made. Went to the movies late to see Pitch Perfect 2 (I loved it) and had a small popcorn.. not hungry right now but I will be eventually to eat the egg rolls!

stewball

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Eggs, bacon, sausages, baked beans, fried tomato and fried mushrooms. Yum.

Status
Not open for further replies.