What's for dinner? - 2015

Status
Not open for further replies.

stewball

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I had fried: sausages, onions, mushrooms, tomatoes, eggs and microwaved chips. Yum.

catlover19

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My husband is making stuffed red peppers and mashed potatoes today. My in laws are coming here instead of us going there for dinner.

stewball

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I had a not very good shakshuka with nice houmous, tehina with hot sauce and two pittas. Very so so.

anne with cats

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
That sounds like Huevos  Rancheros!  Eggs in spicy tomato sauce, usually served with tortillas, cheese and cilantro. Stewball, what time is it over there? Looks like you've been up since 4 AM!  It is almost 8 PM  here in California.

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
We bought some St. Louis-style cut ribs instead of baby backs at the grocery store. (My MIL wanted a package of Lloyd's BBQ ribs, so while we were at the store on Saturday, we got some of these other ribs for us). Anyway I tried a new recipe from Cook's Country last night, and OMGosh, they were so good! Only I cooked them backward; the recipe said to start them on the grill and finish in the oven. I started them in the oven and finished them on the grill. Delicious and falling-off-the-bone tender. The BBQ sauce is really good, with a bit of heat, but not overly so. Rick really liked it and I have enough leftover that we should be able to use it this week. I'm going to try it with chicken some night, too. And maybe grilled pork chops, too.

Anyway, tonight will probably be a pizza. I took a dough ball out of the freezer last night and will grab some fresh mushrooms at the grocery store. I'm thinking of a spinach and mushroom pizza....on the grill, if it's not raining.

Last edited:

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
Yum, I like spaghetti squash.

Well, we were going to do meatloaf tonight, but changed it to spaghetti. So I put the ground beef in the freezer and took out a container of pasta sauce. That made Rick happy; I think he could happily eat spaghetti pretty much every night of the week. I'll make small salads to go with.

blueyedgirl5946

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I marinated venison tenderloin for 24 hours in a mixture of 1/2 Italian salad dressing and Dales steak seasoning. This morning I dredged it in white rice flour, browned it in the skillet. Then I made gravy. I layered the meat, gravy and some sautéed sweet onions in the crock pot. I will cook it all day. Tonight we will eat it with mashed potatoes and a green veggie.

stewball

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I had some grilled sausages in the fridge so sliced them small a fried them in olive oil. Cut an avocado in half and placed it on my plate. Beat eggs with cheese and poured it over the sausages and scrambled it. Very nice.

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
If the wind calms down, I'm going to throw a boneless, skinless chicken breast on the grill for my dinner tonight. I kept that BBQ sauce from Sunday and will try it on the chicken. I will either have it sliced over a small salad or maybe I'll throw some potato planks on the grill, too, while doing the chicken.

It's really windy outside today, so if it's too windy to grill, I'll put the chicken on the indoor grill.

blueyedgirl5946

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
That sounds sooooooo good!!!!!!!
I marinated venison tenderloin for 24 hours in a mixture of 1/2 Italian salad dressing and Dales steak seasoning. This morning I dredged it in white rice flour, browned it in the skillet. Then I made gravy. I layered the meat, gravy and some sautéed sweet onions in the crock pot. I will cook it all day. Tonight we will eat it with mashed potatoes and a green veggie.
I am just coming back here to this since kntrygrl256 commented how good this sounds to say it was wonderful. This meat was so tender no knife was needed. I don't believe anyone eating it would have known it was not beef, except it was better. :lol3:

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
That sounds wonderful! 

I'm having some chili tonight. With Rick being gone, it's my chance to get into the freezer for small containers of stuff that is good for one person. It's cooled down around here, so chili will hit the spot.

blueyedgirl5946

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Celebrating for Mothers Day tonight with our son. We will be having steak with all the trimmings. I can hardly wait.

Status
Not open for further replies.