Help with kitten asap

Denji0_winnie

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I recently got a kitten! Shes about 3-4 weeks old. She is a very active girl, loves playing and exploring. Shes eating good and peeing and pooping regularly. But when she poops her poop is very liquidy. Ive switched her from kitten milk to wet food and solid because she would no longer drink her milk and instead try to eat her older sisters dry food. Is there anything wrong or is this normal? I heard it was normal for kittens poop to be liquidy due to her age and recent diet change

di and bob

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yes, it is very normal for kittens to get diarrhea with diet changes. If she wants dry food, let her have some, you can worry about her diet later. Make sure there is absolutely no cow's milk in her diet, that is known to do this. Itr's good she is eating/peeing and pooing regularly, that is a start! There is a likely possibility that she has parasites too that are causing this. you could ask a vet to worm her, which she would need because of her age. It would be hard to know how much to give her. If she is really 3-4 weeks old she should be still nursing, can you get a picture of her? Tahnk you fro adopting her, I wish you and her the very best!

IzzysfureverMom

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I think a vet visit would be good. They can test her for parasites and do an exam.She is very young ,to young not to be nursing or bottle fed. Vet can help get her back on track. Best of luck to you and the kitty.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Denji0_winnie

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Yes, it is very normal for kittens to get diarrhea with diet changes. If she wants dry food, let her have some, you can worry about her diet later. Make sure there is absolutely no cow's milk in her diet, that is known to do this. Itr's good she is eating/peeing and pooing regularly, that is a start! There is a likely possibility that she has parasites too that are causing this. you could ask a vet to worm her, which she would need because of her age. It would be hard to know how much to give her. If she is really 3-4 weeks old she should be still nursing, can you get a picture of her? Tahnk you fro adopting her, I wish you and her the very best!
We got her as a stray! She appeared on our porch Monday morning alone. We weren’t sure if momma was gonna return for her so we didn’t bring her inside right away, we waited about a day to see if momma was gonna come back and she didn’t. The weather was bad and we decided to bring her inside as momma cat was nowhere around and she hadn’t eaten in a long time. Here’s a picture of her! I’ve attached a photo of when we first found her and her now
IMG_1928.jpeg
IMG_1820.jpeg

IzzysfureverMom

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
We get a lot of strays here as well. Trouble is we also have a lot of red fox. They will cart kittens of never to be seen again, they are so much better off inside. She is a cutie!

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
If the diarrhea does not clear soon, she’ll need to see a vet to be de-wormed and for meds for possible parasites. She’s beautiful!