What conversation did you have with your cat today?

jcat

Mo(w)gli's can opener
Veteran
Purraise
We had yet another talk about "Daddy's claws", a.k.a. guitar picks. Mogli was rather upset because I put them all in a small wooden box. Now he figures if he can't play with/chew on the picks, he might as well chew on the box they're in. I wonder how long it'll take him to get the lid off?

meuzettesmom

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Not up yet?...it is two am... here let me throw some cold spit in your face with a sneezing. Awake yet??
No... I will sneeze again. Get it in your eyes. I am starving. Meuzette.

fhicat

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
My work desk is next to the window. Recently he's found a new hobby.

Jumps up desk.

Jumps up windowsill with a 30% chance to slip and fall and crash things.

Gets into pouncing position on window sill.

Jumps down onto desk.

Jumps down onto floor.

Comes back in 30 seconds and jumps up desk.

Repeat. Many. Times.

"Dude. Make up your mind."

*jumps up, down, up, down.*

"I'm trying to work here. Stay on the sill and stare at birds and squirrels."

*jump down, up, down, up*

natalia

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise

My work desk is next to the window. Recently he's found a new hobby.

Jumps up desk.

Jumps up windowsill with a 30% chance to slip and fall and crash things.

Gets into pouncing position on window sill.

Jumps down onto desk.

Jumps down onto floor.

Comes back in 30 seconds and jumps up desk.

Repeat. Many. Times.

What a great way to entertain- kitty trapeze artist!

This is our daily breakfast skit:

Me:"Breakfast time, girls!"

Thalia: (half-awake)...what??

Ailise: (jumps up) Breakfast time! Breakfast time! This means food! 
(pounces on Thalia)

Thalia: (half-opens eyes)...Cool down, sis! 

(Ailise has already run to the kitchen and is sitting impatiently below the kitchen counter where I make her raw breakfast.)

Thalia (and me): 

cat nap

stand with ukraine
Top Cat
Purraise

This is our daily breakfast skit:

Me:"Breakfast time, girls!"

Thalia: (half-awake)...what??

Ailise: (jumps up) Breakfast time! Breakfast time! This means food! 
(pounces on Thalia)

Thalia: (half-opens eyes)...Cool down, sis! 

(Ailise has already run to the kitchen and is sitting impatiently below the kitchen counter where I make her raw breakfast.)

Thalia (and me): 

LOL...Cats...trying to get our and other cats' attention.  So true.

My senior kitty....age 14....jumps up beside me while i am on computer.  I try to continue typing with one hand and pat him with other..My attention is divided, torn between trying to finish or stop and cater to cat.

Spotty: "why are you staring at that screen?  Stop now, its for your own good."

me:     " I have to finish this. I am only doing some research"

spotty:" well, you have lost track of time again, or are way too slow, stop now please...starts purring"

me:  "okay...okay...just one minute..then i am done"....minutes fly by....

spotty:  Jumps down, walks away.

me:  "okay, okay, you are absolutely right."....while following cat, cat no longer wants to hear it.  So i use bribery, and get his favourite Temptations treats,   all is now forgiven....or is it?.....

cat nap

stand with ukraine
Top Cat
Purraise
And he has that cool tuque on, all he needs is a skateboard.  LOL.

shoshanna

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
My boys got beds this week and it was a tossup to see who took over which bed.  We had fights and jumping on the bed and running through the house but I think we have it sorted now.

I talked to both of them about being brothers and how they need to be good to each other and they had a chase to answer me.  

dmo61023

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I adopted a stray cat with Feline Leukemia 8 years ago.  She lives separately from the other two -in my study and the garage(that is where the litter box is).  She is now 16 years old and in good health, and she loves to sit on my lap when I use the computer. She is learning to stay put and keep the paws off the keyboard, and I have to remind her periodically.

Mary L. Moller

mani

Moderator and fervent feline fan
Staff Member
Purraise
Well, today Sundar and I had a long conversation about who he would like to look after him while I go away for the weekend.  I gave him all sorts of options, and explained the pros and cons of each one.

He definitely prefers two of my students that looked after him last time.  I could just tell.  Besides, he and Nilah have them very well trained. I would have chosen them too, if I were him.

ropufa

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Have been talking to my Molly about being nicer to the new cat, Pumpkin.  And to Pumpkin about not being so aggressive with Molly.  As usual, nobody listens to me!

cat nap

stand with ukraine
Top Cat
Purraise
@ropufa  ....did you have this conversation with both cats in the room....or did you sit down and speak to each on a one-to-one basis.....it may make all the difference....because of course, they can not show....that they are listening to you....since that would mean they would not look as "cool"  in front of the other cat....lol....just saying

me:  "Spotty, should I go outside and start shovelling  the snow now?"

Spotty just looks at me, then outside the window.

me:  "Yeah, yup, I thought you'd say that"....."you always know how to motivate me.....lol"

ropufa

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I talked to them separately mostly, but together if they're having a hissy fit with each other!  Keep trying to assure my Molly (3 years here) that she's not being replaced in my heart and doing my best to make Pumpkin (4 wks here) that I want him to be part of our happy(?) family.  Neither seems very happy, yet!

cat nap

stand with ukraine
Top Cat
Purraise
That 's adorable, as long as you keep talking to them, I am sure they will eventually listen.  I also want to get another cat, but our cat is 14, so a senior, and my sister wants another older cat, but I have a 2 yr old labrador dog and just thought that a young cat would be good for him.  So I will be in your shoes and having the same conversations pretty soon...Ahhh. ...the joys of cats and dogs....I better go and explain everything now, before the time.  I will use molly and pumpkin as an example, and just explain to mine, that "everyone" goes through an "adjustment"  phase....".just stay away from each other if you cannot be civil"
.....lol  

nycats

Mother of 3 cats & fosters
Adult Cat
Purraise
"OH HAAAAAAI baby you're so prettyyyyy awwwww ajojojojojojojo"

I'm really glad I live alone.

tammat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
"Thank you" - that was for the lick on my lips this morning. "Cleo could you please not walk on my face" - that was also this morning so I got up and fed her, then went back to bed and shut the door ;)
You are a beautiful girl, oooow I love you Neff. You are soo good. No we don't scratch the carpet Neffie.
Lookin good Cleo. Lookin good. - Cleo is on a diet. She is slowly getting slimmer.

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
"Thank you" - that was for the lick on my lips this morning. 
You get those too? Mollipop has gotten into the habit of touching my lips with hers. I don't know where in the world she got that from, but it's become standard routine, usually at night when she first hops into bed. She hops into the bed, walks up to me and I pucker my lips. And she actually touches my lips with hers. It's so cute. And then I say, "Sank u!" Then she starts mooshing the bedcovers to find a comfy spot before she settles down in the crook of my left arm.

Rick saw her do this last night and he couldn't get over it. He says Molli is kissing me good-night. 
 First time ever that a cat has done this. (And yes, I know it's not sanitary. I don't care.)

betsygee

Just what part of meow don't you understand.
Staff Member
Purraise

Rick saw her do this last night and he couldn't get over it. He says Molli is kissing me good-night. 
 First time ever that a cat has done this. (And yes, I know it's not sanitary. I don't care.)
Sanitary, shmanitary!  Who cares is right.  It's adorable!!!  

jcat

Mo(w)gli's can opener
Veteran
Purraise
I love the kitty good-night kiss!

We're discussing bread. Mogli stole half a roll off his Daddy's plate Monday evening and paid for it with severe diarrhea.
This evening I stopped to pick up some things on the way home, including rolls. Guess who grabbed the bag of rolls while I was putting stuff away? Luckily DH managed to take it away from him before he ate any.

I know Mogli loves bread, but he should be smart enough to make the connection between it and the runs. :( He figures everything else out fast.