What conversation did you have with your cat today?

betsygee

Just what part of meow don't you understand.
Staff Member
Purraise

OMG has anyone had moments where, clearly you're having a conversation with your cats, but you're talking in your normal voice (and not your cat voice, everyone has that cat voice) and your significant other would respond or reply because they thought you were talking to them???

HAHAHAHA

my poor boyfriend.
LOLOLOL!!!  All the time!  Now hubby just says "Okay, are you talking to me or the cat?"   

lamiatron

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
my roommates make fun of me. they can hear me talking to my cats. at first they used to think i was on the phone, but then they would come out and see me just sitting there talking to my cats and they just think i'm weird.

i'm not weird.

talking to your pets is very therapeutic.

blueyedgirl5946

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
What a great thread. I held Mattie on my lap and told her she was my baby. I told her she gets loved and taken care of better than a lot of children in the world. I told her she was my lap cat, but she couldn't really be that when Speedboat was here because he wouldn't move out of my lap. Then I kissed her and held her close for several minutes. She never tries to get down when I have her on my lap.

jcat

Mo(w)gli's can opener
Veteran
Purraise
Mogli and I had to have a very serious conversation today about him swiping food off our plates. We had steak today, and just when I was cutting mine, half of it disappeared. He's going to get locked up while we're eating if his table manners don't improve.

di and bob

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I've been having the same conversation every hour for the last two days, "no, it has NOT warmed up any outside since you were last out 30 minutes ago!" Since our highs have been in the single digits, he just CANNOT believe he can't be outside for any length of time. He's meowing constantly. "Moooom, I think it's warmer now!" I open the door, he shakes his paws then he dashes out the door. He refuses to get his paws wet in the snow so he just sits there in a little scooped out area by the door until I force him back in 10 minutes or so later. Thank goodness my 13 year old has a lot more sense, he tries it once for about 5 minutes, comes back in to his heated bed and doesn't ask again! The good thing is at least I don't have to worry and watch for him trying to cross the road, he doesn't venture that far.

cassiopea

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Been pretty simple so far, just a "Here are your nomie nomie nom noms!" when I was giving them breakfeast.

I'm sure plenty more convos will arise later today, as usual

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

AbbysMom

At Abby's beck and call
Staff Member
Purraise
I'm loving some of these :clap:

I just asked Abby to let me know when the neighbor goes in her house so I can go out and get the mail. :anon:

Last edited:

jcat

Mo(w)gli's can opener
Veteran
Purraise
Do our neighbors know they're under constant observation? :lol3:

I asked Mogli whether he envies Daddy his "claws" (guitar picks) and if it has anything to do with my clipping his claws. Every time we turn around, Mogli has spread guitar picks around the floor.

pushylady

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
OMG has anyone had moments where, clearly you're having a conversation with your cats, but you're talking in your normal voice (and not your cat voice, everyone has that cat voice) and your significant other would respond or reply because they thought you were talking to them???

HAHAHAHA

my poor boyfriend.
:lol3: I say things like "you're so handsome and I looove you" my DH knows I'm talking to the cat. :D

Yesterday I came home and Pushy was at the door.
He said "meow"
I said "hello"
Pushy said "meow"
I said "really?"
Pushy said "murrph" and walked away.

fhicat

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Today?

"Your claws are catching on my new couch. I think you need a trim."

"wat no"

"It's not scary. 10 minutes at the groomer. The groomer's just across the street." (well, it's a few hundred meters up the street, but he didn't need to know that)

"no"

"Look, a treat!"

"NOM."

"Okay, let's go now."

Carried him, put him in the carrier.

He bolted out.

Called after him.

He ran away again.

Should have let it go and try another day by now, but I wasn't following my own advice.

Chased him around the house.

Kept up with him under every hiding place he knew.

Went on for 5 minutes.

Under my table, panting: "LEAVE ME ALONE."

It was a pitiful meow, so heartbreaking that I kicked myself for scaring him like that. He's just a cat. Why didn't I just let him go the first time? I'm sitting here, just as upset. Normally I wouldn't admit it, but I'm in tears. 

AbbysMom

At Abby's beck and call
Staff Member
Purraise
Today?

"wat no"
"It's not scary. 10 minutes at the groomer. The groomer's just across the street." (well, it's a few hundred meters up the street, but he didn't need to know that)
"no"
"Look, a treat!"

"NOM."
"Okay, let's go now."

He bolted out.
Called after him.
He ran away again.

Should have let it go and try another day by now, but I wasn't following my own advice.

Went on for 5 minutes.

It was a pitiful meow, so heartbreaking that I kicked myself for scaring him like that. He's just a cat. Why didn't I just let him go the first time? I'm sitting here, just as upset. Normally I wouldn't admit it, but I'm in tears. 

Awwwww. I'm sorry. :hugs: They really do have us wrapped around their little paws, don't they? Abby rarely meows, but when I clip her claws she makes these awful noises like I am killing her.

fhicat

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Awwwww. I'm sorry.
They really do have us wrapped around their little paws, don't they? Abby rarely meows, but when I clip her claws she makes these awful noises like I am killing her.
It's fine now, he just came back out for pets and lickage. Makes me wonder if it's worth trying to clip his claws at all though. I know a couple of my friends who don't bother.

jcat

Mo(w)gli's can opener
Veteran
Purraise
I only clipped one of Jamie's claws because it was crooked. Mogli doesn't fuss when I do his, just as long as I wait till he's settling down for a nap. The really small scissors work best, IME. If he didn't remain calm, I probably wouldn't clip.

This morning's conversation was about breakfast being 90 minutes late.

rosiemac

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
 Abby rarely meows, but when I clip her claws she makes these awful noises like I am killing her.
Jack...No problem. If anything he freezes in fear while it's being done.

Sophie...Used to be fine, now she whines.

Rosie....I've got the scratches to prove it 

Today's conversation...

Rosie ....Thinking l was getting up when l was just turning over, yelled in my ear.

Me....Still bedtime Rosie!

Sophie....Meowing and rubbing her head on the bathroom tap wanting me to fill the sink

Me...No wonder the water rates have gone up Lady!

Me to Jack.....No stealing Sophie's wet food!

Last edited:

kittychan

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Today?

"wat no"
"no"
"Look, a treat!"

"NOM."
"Okay, let's go now."

He bolted out.
Called after him.
He ran away again.

Went on for 5 minutes.

Hahaha im always on tears to when my cat gets mad at me. When i try to clean her ears she goes "NOOOOO!!!!!" And I say "we have to clean your ears or else you'll have ear mites again!" And she says "nooo!!! I said no!!! (with a bite)" and I say "we have to! Or else you'll be scratching mad again and shake your head like crazy!!!!" And conversation go on circles until we finished and hate me for hours and never goes near me and tries to hide everytime i try to hold her. That makes me sad really. If only i can just not clean her ears but of course I can't :( :D

AbbysMom

At Abby's beck and call
Staff Member
Purraise
Some cats are good at keeping their claws trim on their own. Abby is not. :lol3: She starts getting caught on things.

Today's conversation was about why she thinks she deserves a treat since she has been cranky all morning.

betsygee

Staff Member
Purraise

Today?

"wat no"

"no"

"Look, a treat!"

"NOM."

"Okay, let's go now."

He bolted out.

Called after him.

He ran away again.

Went on for 5 minutes.

Oh, that's a sad conversation!  I hope you've both recovered!  

betsygee

Staff Member
Purraise
Rico:  I wanna go out!

Me:  Well, go then.

Rico:  It's raining!

Me:  Well, get wet, you won't melt. 

Rico:  I WANNA GO OUT BUT IT'S RAINING!

Me:  Well, what do you want me to do about it?!

Rico:  I WANNA GO OUT!

di and bob

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have almost the same conversation, multiple times daily when the weather is bad:

Casper: I wanna go out!!!

Me: No, it's too cold!

Casper: I WANNA GO OUUUTTT!!!

Casper: You're gonna wish I was out!! (as he's knocking things off the coffee table)

Me: If you don't stop that you ARE going to go out!

Casper: I WANNA GO OUTTTTT!!!!! ( as he's nipping whatever body part he can reach)

Me: Stop that, IT'S TOO COLD!!!

Casper: I'll teach them!!! (as he jumps on poor suffering Burt and knocks him down)

Me: OK, THAT'S IT!!!!  (as I open the door and nudge him out)

Casper, 5 seconds later: LET ME IN!!!!!! (as he sits puffed up by the door looking pitiful)

betsygee

Staff Member
Purraise

I have almost the same conversation, multiple times daily when the weather is bad:

Casper: I wanna go out!!!

Casper: I WANNA GO OUUUTTT!!!

Casper: You're gonna wish I was out!! (as he's knocking things off the coffee table)

Me: If you don't stop that you ARE going to go out!

Casper: I WANNA GO OUTTTTT!!!!! ( as he's nipping whatever body part he can reach)

Me: Stop that, IT'S TOO COLD!!!

Casper: I'll teach them!!! (as he jumps on poor suffering Burt and knocks him down)

Me: OK, THAT'S IT!!!!  (as I open the door and nudge him out)

Casper, 5 seconds later: LET ME IN!!!!!! (as he sits puffed up by the door looking pitiful)
Hahaha!  In our house, the cat door is open, so Rico can go out if he wants but he sits there meowing, like he's waiting for me to make the rain stop and dry the ground outside for him before he steps his delicate little feet out there.....