What conversation did you have with your cat today?

queencambear

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Told Tricksy that I know she wants to kill those little birdies outside the window but I feed you good food so they can live. She didn't care for that & is running around chattering her head off, then running back to the window & whipping her tail around. I love my little wanna be hunter.

di and bob

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

Hahaha!  In our house, the cat door is open, so Rico can go out if he wants but he sits there meowing, like he's waiting for me to make the rain stop and dry the ground outside for him before he steps his delicate little feet out there.....  
We tried having a cat door, but after he brought in numerous dead' prey ' and scattered them around and then a feral cat made it's way in, we got rid of that! I was afraid a raccoon would get in and I KNOW how destructive they can be! I guess I could have got one that locked to keep others out, but I was too afraid he would race at his usual 100 MPH to go out and hurt his neck!

furmom101

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
One of my two dogs is getting spayed today. She usually sleeps with me. My cat Todd decided to keep me warm while she is gone and so I've been telling him how sweet he is. (I've been having a hard time as I always do when one of my babies is gone.) Todd doesn't seem to mind as much. lol

jcat

Mo(w)gli's can opener
Veteran
Purraise
Rico:  I wanna go out!
Me:  Well, go then.
Rico:  It's raining!
Me:  Well, get wet, you won't melt. 
Rico:  I WANNA GO OUT BUT IT'S RAINING!
Me:  Well, what do you want me to do about it?!
Rico:  I WANNA GO OUT!

:sigh:
:lol3::lol3::lol3: Turn the rain off, Mom!

Some workers were back today to blacktop the hole they dug in front of our house on Wednesday, so that's what Mogli and I talked about (he was supervising from the kitchen window). They're coming back on Monday to dig up the neighbor's front yard, so I had to explain to Mogli that they'd looked for the leak in the wrong spot and now have a lot more work to do, so they'll keep him entertained for a couple of days.

pushylady

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
:lol3: There were roofers on top of the condo building next door and we could see them from the living room where Wiggies was napping. I asked him "do you see the workers?" and said "yna yna yna" like he does when he sees crows. Good entertainment value!

mani

Moderator and fervent feline fan
Staff Member
Purraise
There were roofers on top of the condo building next door and we could see them from the living room where Wiggies was napping. I asked him "do you see the workers?" and said "yna yna yna" like he does when he sees crows. Good entertainment value!
    I'm just hoping the workers didn't see and hear you

A conversation familiar to many:

But you really really liked that new food yesterday so I got a heap of it.  What happened??

Disdainful cat look.    

betsygee

Just what part of meow don't you understand.
Staff Member
Purraise

A conversation familiar to many:

But you really really liked that new food yesterday so I got a heap of it.  What happened??

Disdainful cat look.    
Hahaha!  I never buy by the case any more.   LOL  

Well, it turns out I'm not the only one in my house who has conversations with the cats.  Rico, our Dennis the Menace cat, was beside himself today with boredom and distress, having spent the entire day (voluntarily, I might add) in the house because it was raining.  So hubby and I are sitting in the kitchen after work, doing our usual Friday night routine--having a cocktail, watching the news on TV.  He sees Rico having cabin fever, running around like a crazy man (after an excruciating what...six hours? in the house) so he pats the bar stool next to him and says "Come on, Rico, come up here and talk to me."  Rico jumps up on the chair and hubby says "What's up, buddy?"  No answer of course and then hubby says "I can't help you if you don't talk to me."   

Last edited:

cat nap

stand with ukraine
Top Cat
Purraise
.....Rico was waiting for your hubby to pour him a drink....then he'll talk....lol

My Spotty cat is swatting the dog....i say...."hey, be nice...he justs wants to play with you."  Spotty glares at me, meows and walks away in disgust. I think the cat just swore at me. WHAT???

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

AbbysMom

At Abby's beck and call
Staff Member
Purraise
Some of these are really cracking me up! :flail:

Abby seems to enjoy sporting events on TV. She'll get in my lap and watch them. I told her about the Olympics and was asking her what events she thinks she would like. I think she answered hockey. :lol3:

stewball

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Today?

"Your claws are catching on my new couch. I think you need a trim."
"wat no"
"It's not scary. 10 minutes at the groomer. The groomer's just across the street." (well, it's a few hundred meters up the street, but he didn't need to know that)
"no"
"Look, a treat!"

"NOM."
"Okay, let's go now."

Carried him, put him in the carrier.
He bolted out.
Called after him.
He ran away again.

Should have let it go and try another day by now, but I wasn't following my own advice.

Chased him around the house.
Kept up with him under every hiding place he knew.

Went on for 5 minutes.
Under my table, panting: "LEAVE ME ALONE."

It was a pitiful meow, so heartbreaking that I kicked myself for scaring him like that. He's just a cat. Why didn't I just let him go the first time? I'm sitting here, just as upset. Normally I wouldn't admit it, but I'm in tears. 
I kknow that feeling. Crying because you've scared him or raised your voice or tried to grab him to go to the vet for a trim.
Blighty will disappear for 2-3 hours. I know where he is but no way can I get to him.
Little devil.
Don't cry

rosiemac

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Sophie, why do you always have to use the litterbox when l've just scooped it?!......Then l stand waiting patiently until she's finished so l can scoop again  

That's a lovely kiss Rosie!! 

Jack!, no chewing my handbag strap!!!! 

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

AbbysMom

At Abby's beck and call
Staff Member
Purraise
This morning we talked about the snow...again, and about how her other human would be working from home today so there would be two laps for her enjoyment.

fhicat

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Got a second monitor today. Jed as usual wanted to see what's this black square thing sitting on his favorite spot. So I turned on the thing and activated the swimming fishies screensaver. I was calibrating the monitor (color, brightness, contrast) and I just kept asking him what he thinks of the different settings. He'd respond by randomly swatting at the fish or just staring at them. We settled on a positioning that'll let him sit on my mouse or get up the window sill. I think it works for us.

andrya

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Rhys and l in upstairs bathroom. Me brushing hair and cleaning teeth. 

Rhys knocks the brush off the counter onto the floor, as he does EVERY morning.

Me:  Do you have to do that Every. Single. Day?

Rhys: blank stare

Me:  What part of you continues to be entertained with the same thing over and over and OVER again?

Rhys:  Purrr-urrrr

allenkm

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Me.....Bear what are you doing?

Bear....small meow

Followed by a lot of noise and commotion in the hall

Me......Bear what are you doing?

Bear....small meow

More sounds of cats running up and down the hall

stewball

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
(Blighty has no ear mites).
Whisky. Get your tongue out of blighty's ear!!!!

Blighty.
Squeek Squeak.
Me. What you want to be stroked?
Blighty. Purr purr.
Me. More? I can't stroke you all day.
Blighty. Squeak squeak.
Me. Sigh. Ok s little bit more.
Blighty. Purr purr.
Me. Ok that's enough.
Blighty. Yahh yahh.
Me. You're shouting at me?
Blighty. Squeak purr purr.