well here's the real story

jcat

Mo(w)gli's can opener
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by fastnoc

yeah it's been rough, but I'm excited to see them. I'm concerned. Actually REALLY concerned about the transfer.

I have to take them out of a crate, and put them into my car. I THINK i will buy two carriers but they're going to be pooping scared. They're going to sedate them before the trip, but I can't ask the driver to stop 30 minutes before arriving to meet me and sedate them again. Plus they stand a good chance of escaping if he did try. So I'm pretty worried.
Instead of you buying and bringing two carriers to transfer them into, could you ask the driver to pick up two carriers at his end, and transport them in them? You could pay him when you get the cats off of him. Walmart, for example, has pretty reasonable ones.

GoldyCat

Staff Member
Purraise
One other thing you might consider. My two cats go nuts when I put them in separate carriers, even when they can see each other. If I put them together in one large carrier, they just curl up and sleep the whole way. The longest trip I've ever taken with them is 3.5 hours, though, not half way across the country.

babywukong

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by GoldyCat

One other thing you might consider. My two cats go nuts when I put them in separate carriers, even when they can see each other. If I put them together in one large carrier, they just curl up and sleep the whole way. The longest trip I've ever taken with them is 3.5 hours, though, not half way across the country.
Yes I was thinking the same thing - would it be better for your two babies to be in the same carrier where they have each other for comfort?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

fastnoc

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I got a message from the driver. he offered to put them in carriers and just let me take them. They'll be in separate ones, but it's still much better this way. They're going to sedate them before the trip and I'll sedate them again once I take them. so it should be ok this way. I hope

babywukong

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

I got a message from the driver. he offered to put them in carriers and just let me take them. They'll be in separate ones, but it's still much better this way. They're going to sedate them before the trip and I'll sedate them again once I take them. so it should be ok this way. I hope
That's nice of the driver
When will you be taking them? I can't wait for you all to be reunited, all three of you will be so much happier

GoldyCat

Staff Member
Purraise
Any updates on how your kitties are doing in foster care? Do you have an exact date when you're going to get them back?

fastnoc

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hi there!

Yeah i'm picking them up the day after Christmas
. I can't wait

GoldyCat

Staff Member
Purraise
That's got to be the best Christmas present ever.
How are you going to handle the long drive? Will you be staying overnight somewhere so you can get some sleep?

fastnoc

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yeah I'm excited. a LOT of that excitement has been culled though over my last issue.

I found out yesterday They aren't paying my unemployment now. which i JUSt got a week ago. I was so happy thinking that at least I'd be able to afford little things, like this trip. But they didnt' pay me the money this week (240) which i was expecting. now I can't afford the litter box I need, cat food, the gas to get to wichita and back, or the motel room.

They stopped my unemployment because i couldn't attend the 'orientation' for job service in phx. that's hard to do 1400 miles away. I told the lady last week I needed to change this to an interstate claim because I got evicted and can't get anther place in phx. It now has to go through an adjudication board for approval/denial. then IF they approve i'll get the back payments. but it's at least 4 weeks away due to the backup.

I swear to god it's like I can't win for losing.

GoldyCat

Staff Member
Purraise
I'm sorry to hear you're still having problems. I sent you a PM.

fastnoc

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Well I did manage to raise the money to go thankfully. I bought a cheap tv when i got back here so I'd have something to watch. I kept the receipt and the box just in case. Well it's in case
. I'm taking it back today for a refund. it's kind of a no brainer. the cats are slightly more important than the tv.

Thanks for the PM

jcat

Mo(w)gli's can opener
Veteran
Purraise

Well I did manage to raise the money to go thankfully. I bought a cheap tv when i got back here so I'd have something to watch. I kept the receipt and the box just in case. Well it's in case
. I'm taking it back today for a refund. it's kind of a no brainer. the cats are slightly more important than the tv.

Thanks for the PM
Glad to hear there'll be a happy reunion after all.

cats4sky

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
hi..i just read your post and briefly through the thread and i wanted to say never feel like a loser for falling upon hard times. sometimes you just have to accept what it is and take the help you are offered from family and friends....

my whole life i had an excellent job and the stress got too much and i left, i took a lower paying job and was struggling to stay up with everything, then i got promoted to a nice position and things were looking good again...then a few months later i found out that part of the company was closing and again had to take a much lower paying job..where i am now...got evicted from my apartment, i now have to borrow money from mom and dad, BF carries me through alot, and at first i felt like a big loser about it and then i realized i was always there for my family and friends thru hard times wether financially or emotionally so i finally accepted what is. sometimes we are put into situations that we cannot help...but theres a reason for everything, its helped me realize not to take things for granted and really enjoy the small things in life.

im very glad you are getting your cats back...sending lotsa good vibes your way.

stay strong you will make it through all of this!

mrblanche

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise

Thanks for the PM
You're going up to Wichita to get them?

By the way, did you see the message in the kittens section from the guy who's hand-raising a kitten dumped in a box on a dumpster?

fastnoc

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
yup i'm driving to wichita. I was going to Oklahoma, but found out he's not going that way. BOOOOO. So it's 350 miles each way. I don't think i'm going to get a motel room though. i REALLY need to save as much money as I can, so i'm going to drive up and get them, then turn around and come back. I think i can do it in 15 hours.

I just went and found that thread from that guy. he sounds just like me lol.

babywukong

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Good luck! You're finally gettin your kitties back
If you feel tired at the wheel, PLEASE pull over and get some rest or a cup of coffee. I would hate for anything to happen to you and your kitties after you've all fought so hard to be reunited.

snake_lady

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Wow, what a rough story. But with such a happy ending.

I hope you have a safe trip tommorrow. I can't wait to "meet" your kitties via pics on here