Accidental tiny poops??

Anicanis

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Hi everyone, I just wanted to know what could this be... My 3 yo cat starting having this thing of accidently escaping poop (like a single tiny poop) in his daily activities. Is happened only three times or so and at first I wasn't even sure it was poop but today we finally spotted it happening and it was in the middle of play time. Other than that, he's behaving normally, feeding, drinking water and using his litter as usual, which gets cleaned every day. Has anyone ever seen this? Should I be worried?

Oh no, I just saw this can be sphincter incontinence :((( I'm taking him to the vet tomorrow.

Last edited:

DeesCats

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Anicanis Anicanis ,don't jump to any conclusions that it might be a serious issue. It's a good idea to have a vet check to rule out any problems though so I'm glad you are able to schedule a visit for Monday.

The vet will probably ask what type wet or dry food you are feeding as well as if he is drinking plenty of water and if he is on any supplements or medications so be sure to make a list and take it with you to the appointment.

Is his stool soft, firm or hard?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Anicanis

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Anicanis Anicanis ,don't jump to any conclusions that it might be a serious issue. It's a good idea to have a vet check to rule out any problems though so I'm glad you are able to schedule a visit for Monday.

The vet will probably ask what type wet or dry food you are feeding as well as if he is drinking plenty of water and if he is on any supplements or medications so be sure to make a list and take it with you to the appointment.

Is his stool soft, firm or hard?
Thanks! I'm trying not to freak out... the consultation is tomorrow. The stool that leaks is very small and hard. His usual stool (in the litter) is firm and not so small. He always drinks loads of water from a font and gets good quality wet food everyday, no supplements or meds, so I'm wondering what kind of changes they might recommend if any. Anyway, I hope this is not so serious... will update here once I know more. It seems so soon for this kind of issue!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Anicanis

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
So, the vet thinks it’s not very serious. He shaved a bit his bum to check if this could be not a leak but just stuck in his fur. He also changed his food, but he didn’t think it was so much related… so now I’ll wait and see!

Last edited: