well here's the real story

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

fastnoc

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh believe me I'm looking forward to it. that drive time is nothing compared to the pain i've been in, and the misery they've been in.

The ONLLY downside is I know i'm getting them. They don't. So they are still extremely unhappy.

zoeysmom

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Any timelines on when you'll be getting your babies back?

How are they doing now? Have they tried giving them some cat milk? Mine seem to love it! Or Hills a/d from the vet.

mer636

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
poor little babies I bet when they see you they are gonna freak

fastnoc

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by zoeysmom

Any timelines on when you'll be getting your babies back?

How are they doing now? Have they tried giving them some cat milk? Mine seem to love it! Or Hills a/d from the vet.
They're eating ok now. finally! even letting the lady pet them. So i know they'll be OK until I get them.

Originally Posted by Mer636

poor little babies I bet when they see you they are gonna freak
I know I"M going to freak

fastnoc

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Kirksville, MO. I looked at the route and it doens't look like there's anything closer at all than wichita.

GoldyCat

Staff Member
Purraise
Originally Posted by fastnoc

Kirksville, MO. I looked at the route and it doens't look like there's anything closer at all than wichita.
What route are they taking? If it's across I-40, it looks like Oklahoma City would be closer than Wichita.

fastnoc

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hmm. looks like you're right. 309 mi – about 5 hours 24 mins vs 356 miles or so.

fastnoc

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Well, here's the latest update from the lady. Poor wilbur

Tinker was out walking around a bit tonight.....she came out when she heard me come in to the room. She still hisses at the other cats.....but they can still get pretty close to her and she does not run off. Poor Wilbur....he is STILL hiding all of the time...but tonight I heard him talking to Tinker. I think he was trying to get her to come back and hide with him....Think he was feeling pretty lonely. I missed a really cute photo of him. He was beind a empty cage that had a blanket tossed over it....and he had himself completely covered with the drape of it....except that there was a head-size hole....and it exactly framed his face. I went inside to get my camera to shoot it....but I freaked him out and he move back deeper into the hole so I missed the shot. I got a couple of Tinker on top a cat post, and a kitty below her trying to play with her. I'm too tired, but I'll send some photos tomorrow.

babywukong

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm so glad that at least Tinker is out exploring and both of them are eating. Sending lots and lots of vibes to Tinker, Wilbur, and of course to you. You are definitely one of the most dedicated pet owners I've heard of! Vibes that everything goes well and that you are reunited with your precious babies

fastnoc

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thanks for those vibes
Yeah I'm definitely dedicated to them, but I don't think any more than anyone else that loves their cats. I know nobody loves their pets more, but lots of people love them as much as I do

can't wait to see them!

klaidman

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by fastnoc

I have income now but it's slow to get going. I'll catch up in a few months, but in the meantime, me, a 42 year old man, has to go back to my stinkin mother's house because I'm a loser.
Dude! You are so not a loser! Do not think like that!! You hear me? I am sorry to hear you have fallen into some hard times. is there no way you can take your babies with you? You have already gone as far down as you can. Nowhere to go from here but up. We all wish you the very best of luck. many prayers coming your way

mrblanche

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
As I said, we've had the wheels come off our finances several times. Moved in with my mother once, Dottie's folks once. It happens. That's why there is marriage and families in the first place, to provide a stable social support system.

fastnoc

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
well, as I've said before, everyone's current situation is a direct result of the deicisions we've made up until now.

I have definitely changed my thought process. I really didn't think i'd be here. I was paying the IRS monthly but the lay off just killed it. I survived 8 months without a job, but the money started running out. Then the IRS stepped in, levied me, took EVERYTHING, including my IRA money and left me absolutely broke. It was just a bad cycle.

I'll recover. it'll just take awhile. the post quoted above is from the first post in the thread, LONG time ago

nanner

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Sounds like Tinker is the bolder one. When I first got Lena and Larry (Lena has since passed on...
), Lena was the first to come out, she was the first to "boldly go where no cat has gone before", and Larry eventually followed her. He would wait and see what happened to her with everything. It was really interesting how he calculated his moves according to what she did first....I could almost see his little brain working.

I'm sure for the next few days, (just think.....few days!!) Wilbur will keep an eye on Tinker and see she's fine, and then...YAY...they'll hear your voice and they'll feel safe again!

So glad you're getting them back!

fastnoc

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
man, me too. you have no idea how excited i am to get my hands on them again.

fastnoc

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
yeah it's been rough, but I'm excited to see them. I'm concerned. Actually REALLY concerned about the transfer.

I have to take them out of a crate, and put them into my car. I THINK i will buy two carriers but they're going to be pooping scared. They're going to sedate them before the trip, but I can't ask the driver to stop 30 minutes before arriving to meet me and sedate them again. Plus they stand a good chance of escaping if he did try. So I'm pretty worried.

flisssweetpea

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
The transfer would bother me too. Will you be able to sit in the vehicle they travel in with all the doors closed and transfer them to your crate that way? At least then, if they do escape during the transfer, you will only have to find them in the vehicle.

It will be so good for you to see them again.