Weight Loss Support for the Humans

sharky

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by SillyJilly

Good for you

My problem with the pedometer is that I don't walk hard enough to get it to pick up but about half of my steps. I counted before and then checked and it was way off. I walk very softly and it's hard to get a good count. The closest for me to get it was to put in on my shoe by my ankle. Also... some pedometers pick up each step individualy and others only pick up each SET of steps. So it also depends on that. But just keeping up with your progress even if it's off some is better because you are more aware of doing something.
Thank you and that was my problem and the fact that I dont bounce much when I walk ...lol.. one day it recorded 82 steps ( from a mile and a half walk)...lmao... finally got it calibrated to me

kiwideus

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I think I will join this - I NEED to lose weight - I have gained a little bit lately and have done nothing to stop it.

I normally bike but it has been getting so cold lately that I don't want to go near it.

Tomorrow is a new day (I always say this anyway
) but I really need some serious butt kicking.

Does anyone know if authentic greek souvlakis are good or bad? I love me some souvlaki - lots of lettuce, chicken, tomato, feta cheese, tzazaki (sp?) and tomato sauce - I rarely eat the pita bread as the inside fills me up quickly.

I also need help in resisting Burger King - I walk past it all the time on the way to work and it is SO hard to not go in!!!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

catsarebetter

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
The tzazaki sauce is yogurt based, so not too bad. Perhaps go with a little less of it than normal because they tend to put a lot on (at least at my store).. but overall not bad. Chicken, tomato, and lettuce aren't bad. Tomato sauce generally isn't considered bad (but for instance, if you make it the way I do.. it's a little heavy on meat and some oil that I normally end up skimming off).. feta is probably one of the better cheeses since it's a dry cheese. What I've heard about cheeses is the softer they are, the more fat they have. For instance.. brie
is really high in fat. Also, I think BK has a grilled chicken sandwich that's not too bad. You can check www.dwlz.com to see what the particular restaurant offers (everything is in points, but just look for the lower point stuff.)

Congrats on taking your first step to get back in shape!

sillyjilly

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Kiwideus

I think I will join this - I NEED to lose weight - I have gained a little bit lately and have done nothing to stop it.

I normally bike but it has been getting so cold lately that I don't want to go near it.

Tomorrow is a new day (I always say this anyway
) but I really need some serious butt kicking.

Does anyone know if authentic greek souvlakis are good or bad? I love me some souvlaki - lots of lettuce, chicken, tomato, feta cheese, tzazaki (sp?) and tomato sauce - I rarely eat the pita bread as the inside fills me up quickly.

I also need help in resisting Burger King - I walk past it all the time on the way to work and it is SO hard to not go in!!!
to you for realizing you need to do something!
to you for getting going with it! We're all here for you!

Ok.. so Friday my neighbor descided to go to the bar drinking so we didn't workout. Yesterday she had to work at night so (we normally take off SAT. & SUN anyways) she tells me that us planning on doing our sunday walk of 5 miles is out cuz she had a benifit to go to!
I was so looking forward to doing it! I had been getting so excited. So I descided that I would do it saturday by myself. And I did! It took me 1 1/2 hours with my camera (I took pics of the sunset and such) and one potty break at the park. Then today I descided since she couldn't go and it was so nice anyways I would go myself AGAIN! And I did. This time no camera and no potty break but add in two stops for a drink from the fountains. And it took me 1 hour and 10 minutes!
I was so happy and had fun doing it! I sure hope it pays off and I lose some weight tomorrow when we weigh in!
I had yogurt with granola for breakfast and a turkey sandwich with mustard, very little mayo and lettuce with some pretzels for lunch. I don't know what we're having for dinner yet but... outside of eating pure lard it shouldn't effect my day too much!
Depends on what DH can eat. (BTW he had a burrito from our favorite mexican restaurant yesterday and was able to eat it just fine!
) Now he wants one everyday! (that may happen for him but not for me!) I don't even like the burritos anymore... too much gravey not enough veggys! I like their taco dinner though and can account to having it about once a week but that's it. So he may be getting take out and I cooking my own dinner! I sure hope he can eat more soon! This sucks!

sharky

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I am feeling great
.... Evan with PMS I walked over 15000 steps

Anyone want to know how to walk so much in 4-5 hours???

twstychik

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Jill, Good for you! Isn't it nice to know you can still do it alone and enjoy yourself!

Originally Posted by sharky

I am feeling great
.... Evan with PMS I walked over 15000 steps

Anyone want to know how to walk so much in 4-5 hours???
Yes, please!

I had a decent weekend. Friday was a flop but it was a bad night in general. I went to pick up my wedding dress from being altered and it wasn't ready (still hadn't been pressed yet) so the lady told me to come back in 30 minutes. So, we went and got a pizza for dinner. I'd been good most of the week and it was a place we'd never been before so I was really looking forward to it. We get back and I double park and leave Matt in the car w/ the pizza. I don't get back to the car until 20 minutes later! If I would have thought about it I would have taken my dress to a tailor instead of letting the place I bought it from do it. They hadn't finished the alterations so I had to wait while they sewed some loops on... and in the middle of it the lady stopped to place her dinner order!
I was so annoyed... why schedule apointments for pick up if the dresses aren't going to be ready!? Anyway, I ate too much pizza when we got home but the rest of the weekend was good. We even took a nice walk Saturday. I have finals this week so I'll probably not get a lot exercise wise done but after this week I have 2 months off school so I'll have lots more time.

sillyjilly

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by twstychik

Jill, Good for you! Isn't it nice to know you can still do it alone and enjoy yourself!

I had a decent weekend. Friday was a flop but it was a bad night in general. I went to pick up my wedding dress from being altered and it wasn't ready (still hadn't been pressed yet) so the lady told me to come back in 30 minutes. So, we went and got a pizza for dinner. I'd been good most of the week and it was a place we'd never been before so I was really looking forward to it. We get back and I double park and leave Matt in the car w/ the pizza. I don't get back to the car until 20 minutes later! If I would have thought about it I would have taken my dress to a tailor instead of letting the place I bought it from do it. They hadn't finished the alterations so I had to wait while they sewed some loops on... and in the middle of it the lady stopped to place her dinner order!
I was so annoyed... why schedule apointments for pick up if the dresses aren't going to be ready!? Anyway, I ate too much pizza when we got home but the rest of the weekend was good. We even took a nice walk Saturday. I have finals this week so I'll probably not get a lot exercise wise done but after this week I have 2 months off school so I'll have lots more time.
Yes it is nice knowing I can do it on my own now... JIC!
I can see how something like that could annoy you and make you not happy in general. Good job on the walk!
After you get through the stess week you should do great with no school! Just stay sane throughout it!

chelle

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
As of this morning i am down to 140 lbs...only 10 more pounds to go

I have been walking and riding my bike and of course i'm still drinking
my Green Tea

sharky

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
My secret is my job ... on the weekend I am a pet food demostator ...
... I have to walk the store to meet potential customers .... Also I usually have no less than two other merch jobs to do on a weekend so I am on my ft and walking( as some stores are within a half mile of each other) for no less than five hours in a ave weekend day

sillyjilly

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by chelle

As of this morning i am down to 140 lbs...only 10 more pounds to go

I have been walking and riding my bike and of course i'm still drinking
my Green Tea
Congrats Chelle!

My secret is my job ... on the weekend I am a pet food demostator ...
... I have to walk the store to meet potential customers .... Also I usually have no less than two other merch jobs to do on a weekend so I am on my ft and walking( as some stores are within a half mile of each other) for no less than five hours in a ave weekend day
So now we have to all come and work with you?
OK are you hiring?

lionessrampant

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Well, I'm back on after last week, which was rough.

I have made dinner THREE (3)! days in a row. Granted, yesterday, I stuffed my face and didn't control the size of the portion. I was HUNGRY!

Tonight I MADE a pizza...I was feeling like pizza, and I know, it's not healthy, but it's healthier than ordering one. I couldn't find a whole wheat crust, but I loaded it up with veggies, whipped up a quick sauce and limited the amount of cheese.

My workout this morning happened, but was kinda meh. And my knees still hurt, despite the new pair of New Balance gym shoes I treated myself to. Running is the highest-impact, IMO, and I just don't feel worked out without running at least 2 miles, so I need to figure out how to protect my knees.

I haven't been eating at night!!!

twstychik

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Well, I haven't tracked my points in over a week. (Bad me!) But I'm still keeping my portions under control and while I'm not really losing I'm not gaining either. This week just suck because of finals but once they are over I'll have lots more free time and I'll really get on Matt about riding after work.

sillyjilly

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by lionessrampant

Well, I'm back on after last week, which was rough.

I have made dinner THREE (3)! days in a row. Granted, yesterday, I stuffed my face and didn't control the size of the portion. I was HUNGRY!

Tonight I MADE a pizza...I was feeling like pizza, and I know, it's not healthy, but it's healthier than ordering one. I couldn't find a whole wheat crust, but I loaded it up with veggies, whipped up a quick sauce and limited the amount of cheese.

My workout this morning happened, but was kinda meh. And my knees still hurt, despite the new pair of New Balance gym shoes I treated myself to. Running is the highest-impact, IMO, and I just don't feel worked out without running at least 2 miles, so I need to figure out how to protect my knees.

I haven't been eating at night!!!
Well... It's not the best thing for you but you are atleast thinking about it. That is a very important thing! Congrats on not eating at night,
that can be a very hard thing to control!

Originally Posted by twstychik

Well, I haven't tracked my points in over a week. (Bad me!) But I'm still keeping my portions under control and while I'm not really losing I'm not gaining either. This week just suck because of finals but once they are over I'll have lots more free time and I'll really get on Matt about riding after work.
Good job on keeping your portions under control! That is something that will really help you in the future when you are just trying to keep at your goal weight and not counting all the time! Keep your head up, youll get through this!

OK, so I need to vent a little. I'm ticked!!
On monday I canceled our workout due to me and DH going to the movies. We had free tickets that expired that night. I very very very rarely cancel. Maybe 2 times since we started other than the two weeks when my back was really messed up around new years! So, tuesday I call her to make sure we're doing all our stuff and she's getting her water heater put in... Ok, I understand that. We weighed in really quick and descided we'd wait till the landlord left then workout. She calls me about 10:30pm, she fell asleep and now we're not working out!
I was upset but... OK... I'm alright with it. Tonight when I get home.. she's not here. Granted she had Karate and normally get's home about 8:45pm. It was almost 9pm. I waited until 9:30pm then descided to go for a walk by my self! I can't go another night without something! I got back around 10pm and she still wasn't home. Right now it's almost midnight and no call, nothing! Which means she went out to eat and drinks with the people from karate. I'm not mad she went out... I'm mad I didn't get a call and that we haven't worked out together since Thursday!
When we weighed in on Tuesday she was up lbs. I think if she just stopped going out so much and stopped drinking when she goes out, she'd be doing so much better. That and making sure we get in our workouts! Thanks for letting me get that out guys! For my walk tonight I did almost 2 miles and I went for speed. I also jogged for parts of it. Which is something I've never really done before. I made little goals for myself. I jogged to the next pole. I jogged to the fire hidrent. I couldn't do it the whole way but I went as far as I could then walked, then when my side didn't hurt, I jogged again! I was very proud of myself. When I checked the mapmyrun I was at17:01.8 min/mi, 3.52 mi/hr, & burned 257.2 cals. Not a lot but right now... better than nothing!

Now for some better news yet. I went to the store to get something tonight and they had two pairs of jeans the under the size I just got in to on clearance! They were $6.24 each. I went and tried them on. I can get one pair on, though it's not an entirely pretty sight! The other I can get up but not zip. I still brought them. I am going to keep losing weight and that was too good of a deal to pass up. Once I get into those completely I will be down 8 inches or 4 pant sizes! :grin: That will make me so proud! I also bought 2 tanks tops for $2 each! That was a great deal! And they very much come in handy for work during these hot summer months coming up. I wear a tank with a button up baseball shirt over top (unbottoned) Hides the flab but keeps me cooler!

I think you all are great for listening (or reading) I really needed to get that all out! Now I'm less stressed!

Jill

kluchetta

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Aw, sorry you've had a bad week with your neighbor, Jill. I'm doing "ok" - of course last week was our anniversary and we went out twice, and it was also Administrative Assistant's week, and I'm going out to lunch this week, and also going out to lunch "before my surgery" type of thing. Oh well! I'm pretty sore, so I guess I'm getting exercise!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

catsarebetter

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I haven't been tracking... even though I've been making better choices, I thought. Apparently, though, that's not the case since I gained a pound this week. :mutter:

Well, here's to keeping track this week, I guess.

sharky

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
You can all come to work with me and WALKWALK WALk ... I logged 16034 steps in 3 hours ..

sillyjilly

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by kluchetta

Aw, sorry you've had a bad week with your neighbor, Jill. I'm doing "ok" - of course last week was our anniversary and we went out twice, and it was also Administrative Assistant's week, and I'm going out to lunch this week, and also going out to lunch "before my surgery" type of thing. Oh well! I'm pretty sore, so I guess I'm getting exercise!
Kim, when you are going out I am betting that you are making better choices than you would have before though right? That helps a lot!!

Originally Posted by CatsAreBetter

I haven't been tracking... even though I've been making better choices, I thought. Apparently, though, that's not the case since I gained a pound this week. :mutter:

Well, here's to keeping track this week, I guess.
to you for knowing that keeping track keeps you on track!

You can all come to work with me and WALKWALK WALk ... I logged 16034 steps in 3 hours ..
I walked 2.24 miles at work today and did 45 cruches. Talked to neighbor and she's got a b-day party so she's not working out. My boss told me since we got everything else done that I could walk around the block around the store (which is .56 miles) So I did that 3 times and walked to the store for her too which was right around that as well, so when I figured that all out I went 2.24. So tonight I got my workout in before I even got home. But my tummy is mad at me right now.. I don't know if I got bad lettuce or what, but I think I'm dieing!
This sucks. Atleast I'm all done and can just lay in bed and whine!