Weight Loss Support for the Humans

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

catsarebetter

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Well, I had a horrid weekend due to "mother's day" and my son being down to visit. I did make some healthier choices, but.. basically, we were a.) on the road, so extra sodas... and b.) there were just a few things there was no way to avoid eating not so healthy foods. So, I'm trying to make up for it today and tomorrow, before weigh-in on Wednesday. Hopefully I'll be able to offset it if I eat tons of veggies today and tomorrow, and not a lot of calories. Not too worried about it though, he's only here every so often and we did do a lot of traveling this weekend.

catsarebetter

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by SillyJilly

Don't beat yourself up over it... Atleast you are concience of it and trying to get back in gear today!
Good for you!
Well, that has now become tomorrow, which is weigh in day. But that's okay. I'm going to the grocery store tonight. I'm getting the ingredients I need to make some Indian food for the week... and some veggies and stuff to go with the chicken breasts that I ordered from Omaha Steaks..and figure I'll start everything again tomorrow with the meeting and weigh-in. I've got strawberries, pineapple and cottage cheese (to get my fruits and dairy servings in) for breakfast... so, hopefully that will help. I'll just start counting points again tomorrow, after weigh in. I need to determine whether I want to weigh in or not.

I'm not terribly upset by it (which is the problem, I think)... I am only giving myself a halfhearted effort, lol.. cause I'm sort of unmotivated. What I miss is being healthy. Sometimes... I miss being "in shape" as far as appearance.. but honestly, I'm pretty happy with myself. Oh sure, I could definitely get rid of the belly, and it would be nice to look in the mirror and see someone skinny with a six-pack of abs looking back, but.. I just don't look in the mirror and thing "OH MY GOD YOU NEED TO LOSE WEIGHT".. hehe.. I look in the mirror and think, you look pretty good, but you could stand to lose a few pounds..

It's been a pretty slow process for me to get on board the whole "points" method and figuring out what's what and then actually sticking to what I'm learning, so.. I think they're going to run another class after this series, and I'm sure I'll be up for joining again. I definitely won't be down all my weight by the end of the series, even if I get serious now.

But everyone here is doing so well! I'm so proud of everyone! Even people who have been doing not as well as they would have liked still recognize things and are making changes for the positive.

sillyjilly

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
After a very hectic few weeks and busy busy days at work, me and the neighbor are getting back on track well. Tonight we did our workout and our crunches and stretches! The workout burned 504 cals. Then I did 100 crunches and all my stretches! I am really feeling good about that. I did however go up 1 lb the week before last, since we missed weighin last week due to me being late at work and such! But.. I'm ok with 1 lb... I am determined to get rid of it next week. My next bigger type goal for myself is to get past the 40 lb mark and get this hump of 30 over with! I seem to be stuck and I don't want to be! Wish me luck guys!

catsarebetter

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Kick butt! Glad to hear you're back on track! I've heard that if you hit a "plateau" changing your exercise routine from the norm helps your body burn calories... so, maybe adding in some interval training if you can.. take a stopwatch and add in like 1 minute of jogging, or jog 20 steps, walk 20 steps.. or, maybe do a dance tape instead of walking?

As it turns out, and I have no idea how it worked out this way... my four days of eating whatever I wanted to, drinking tons of soda.. took me down a half a pound. Now.. this makes no sense. Two weeks ago and three weeks ago, I was watching what I ate, making "better" choices.. and I gained weight. It makes absolutely no sense at all and I figure those calories are going to catch up to me next week for weigh in, but maybe I can offset by eating right.

sillyjilly

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Good luck Heather! i hope that works out for you. I've heard that too about switching things up! We have gotten back into walking one day, then doing our inside workout another. I hope that works for us. A couple weeks back I did shift things up a bit with the longer walks and then the jog thing! I hope my body goes along with this and listens when I tell it to get rid of the lbs!
It's never listened to me before but hey, I can try right!

twstychik

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Well, I fell off the wagon! LOL I've ben doing very good with my water intake and I'm doing some exercise almost everymorning but I haven't tracked my points in weeks. I'm not teribbly worrie about it as I haven't gained any weight. I haven't lost any either but I'm actually not ready to lose. If I lose too much weight then my wedding dress will be too big.

catsarebetter

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I think as long as you stay on track with exercise, and keep getting healthier, if you're trading muscle and fitness for weight loss.. I don't see why that's an issue... of course, I guess technically if you do that then you're still looking at the possibility of losing a bit of weight or "size".. hmm, well, you know, stay where you are, fit into your gown right, and know that you're still getting healthier. I don't find that at all unreasonable. It seems to me you're doing pretty well if you're staying the same size at the moment, given your goal of fitting into the gown.

How long now till the big day?

twstychik

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by CatsAreBetter

I think as long as you stay on track with exercise, and keep getting healthier, if you're trading muscle and fitness for weight loss.. I don't see why that's an issue... of course, I guess technically if you do that then you're still looking at the possibility of losing a bit of weight or "size".. hmm, well, you know, stay where you are, fit into your gown right, and know that you're still getting healthier. I don't find that at all unreasonable. It seems to me you're doing pretty well if you're staying the same size at the moment, given your goal of fitting into the gown.

How long now till the big day?
Only 5 weeks!

Originally Posted by SillyJilly

I'd stage a sit in!
No work without water! No work without water! (picketing!)
I'll picket with you. We all contribute to the cost of having a water cooler and I'd be lost (or at least very dehydrated) with out it!

vidanova

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Hi well I can't go through all the thread, but would like to join in

I joined weightwatchers 2 years ago and have lost so far 77 lbs (in English that's 5 and a half stone)

I have about another stone (14lbs) to reach my initial goal which is the top end of my weight range for my height.

However Im really struggling now and keep putting the same 3 lbs on and off.

catsarebetter

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Welcome aboard Vida! Good luck with those three pounds! Congrats on those 77 you lost so far though, that's awesome!!!! I couldn't get started at all... but I've finally lost the first 5 pounds. One of these days I'll make it as far as you have!

Glad to have you

icklemiss21

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Welcome!!

In their defense it did break and flooded the whole hallway and the nice marble and oak decor (which you would assume would be pretty waterproof
) may get damaged

They assure us that another better one is on the way and that we can use the one down the hall in the mean time

catsarebetter

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Whoa, dude! I just woke up (was napping with the needy kitten) and decided now that I've had a three hour nap... it's too early to go to bed..(slightly debatable).. anyway, got up and read Ickle's post.. didn't look at the name... and thought the water/flooding had to do with the wedding hall... and I was like what??? water flooded the wedding hall??? how'd I miss that post??? so I had to go back and look and then I realized it was about the water cooler, wrong person...

Phew!!!! :note to self "do not get up and get on TCS":

sillyjilly

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by CatsAreBetter

Whoa, dude! I just woke up (was napping with the needy kitten) and decided now that I've had a three hour nap... it's too early to go to bed..(slightly debatable).. anyway, got up and read Ickle's post.. didn't look at the name... and thought the water/flooding had to do with the wedding hall... and I was like what??? water flooded the wedding hall??? how'd I miss that post??? so I had to go back and look and then I realized it was about the water cooler, wrong person...

Phew!!!! :note to self "do not get up and get on TCS":
Yeah, well I called someone the wrong name cuz I'm silly like that and keep thinking that two people have the same first name that don't!