Very pregnant kitten

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

michelle 3381

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
My friendscat had kittens the same day as Sula. She also has a 3 year old. She said her little one is always at them and she handles them all the time. She said the cat just let's her do whatever she wants. She said she's out of the nest all the time unless they cry to be fed. But even then it takes a while. She's not bothered at all and was kinda boasting. I told her I don't handle the kittens unless it's to do their daily checks and to make sure they're all still strong. This is just morning and night. She doesn't seem to mins, but scruffs them and takes them back to her nest. It's very cute. Is spend ALL of her time either inside the next or sleeping outside it. Only leaving to use the litter tray. She loves them and cuddles up with them. She really loves thme and even does a head count. She even stops eating to feed them if they cry for her. So I was a bit shocked with her saying all this. Her cat had her kittens all over the house and she didn't even know her cat was expecting. I told her to put them in a box in a quiet area of the house, but she insists on leaving them in the corner of the room under a blanket on cord carpet. Is this gonna be ok?

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Your friend is not taking proper care of her cat and kittens. I'm sad to hear that she is allowing her three-year-old free rein with the kittens also. Young children need to be supervised with kittens. A proper nest is always preferred. The way you are caring for your cat and her litter is the way it should be.

forest phoenix

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I'm glad to hear that Sula and her little ones are doing so well! My Ru sounds like the opposite of your Sula. She wants less to do with me than she did before. She doesn't seem upset exactly, but she does seem more cautious and alert when I enter the room with the nest. She prefers that I don't handle the babes, and I only do so to check on them in the morning, and weigh them each night. It sounds like you and Sula have a great relationship, and she trusts you completely.