Very pregnant kitten

michelle 3381

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
My cat is at exactly the same at the moment. The discharge is a bit green though. She's absolutely huge and seems like she's been pregnant forever. She can hardly walk anymore and we've know she's been pregnant for 5+ weeks now so she's definitely due. She has milk in her teats and the last week or so she's been looking for a nest. I've put multiple nests about the house. Hidden and out in the open, she's hasn't paid any interest. She's part Burmese so I know they can retain their kittens longer. I'm just a bit worried that she's incredibly big and only 10 months old [emoji]128584[/emoji] she got caught by a stray when she escaped as we moved! I was not aware she had come in to heat. It was so obvious with my other cats.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

michelle 3381

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Hi I've just joined this amazing site to gain some advice. I brought my kitten around the end of October. She was 8 weeks. We have had everything done, all apart from spaying her. We moved over the time she needed it and managed to escape at our new address, or could've been caught just before. We moved in around the middle of May for a time estimate. I'd say I've definitely known about her pregnancy for 5 weeks now. She black and white part Burmese and is the size of a house. I can honestly say 2 weeks ago I thought she was big enough and now she looks fit to burst and although she's a well fed cat, her hip bones are sticking up and out. She can barely walk now and I can feel each kitten and can tell they have absolutely no room to move. The past few days she has had discharge from her back end and it's a green snot colour. I was worried at first and read this was quite normal. She's been nesting for weeks now, so I wouldnt know, I've had 3 pregnant Queens in my life time and 2 had their kittens overnight and 1 on my lap and wouldn't leave my side until I sat down for her to climb on. Beautiful experience I shared! Our kitty Sula has been a bit different from the rest and I'm worried she's retaining a bit. It's either that or she has a large litter. Her vet is on stand by, but I haven't taken her yet, as up till now it's gone brilliantly. And don't worry my Queen will be spay afterwards. I'm never putting my poor cat through this again. It's a mistake I regret hugely and feel so guilty everytime she's struggling

[emoji]128577[/emoji]

Last edited by a moderator:

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Welcome to TCS!

It sounds as though she is nearing the end of her pregnancy for sure, and is either having big kittens or a big litter, or both!

It's good your vet is on standby, but hopefully she will not need it.

She's probably been losing her mucus plug, and labor will start any day now!

Keep us posted and ask questions on this thread!

michelle 3381

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I'm just so worried they might be too big. I'm scared to leave the house, just in case she labours without me. Today her behaviour has changed a little. She's been Mewing a lot and keeps attacking my other mogs. It looks like a play fight, but turns quickly aggressive. We've sent our others out for a bit of sUn to see if that helps. Could she purposely retain them? Thank you for your reply

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Her hormones are driving her to defend her unborn kittens from predators, which at the moment are your other cats in her mind.

The best thing to do is to put her in a room where the other cats are not allowed, and also put her food, water, and litter nearby her nest in that room. She will feel safer in the privacy of a room without other pets, and the kittens need it too when they come.

It sounds like she's inching towards labor!

michelle 3381

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Yes! I totally agree. The funny thing is she is either following me around or sat at the top of the stairs. She's been looking for a nest, but she hasn't chosen anywhere from what I can see. I've opened draws for her to hide in boxes everywhere with towels. She's not interested in either. I'll try and get a clearer picture of her. Thank you again

michelle 3381

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Her discharge has turn like a reddish brown colour. Is that an inniment labour?

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Yes, she's getting closer.

When she begins laboring for sure, you may want to put her in a room she likes, such as your bedroom, with her nest, and food, water, and litter nearby, and keep her closed in there throughout.

custardsmummy

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
It seems any day now its usually within a fortnight of when u start to see or feel them move.. and not wanting to leave ur side may mean she wants you near by whilst she births if shes not usually so clingy for you to be around.shes gorgeous by the way :)

michelle 3381

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I'll get all of that sorted for tonight. My other cats are out for now. We have 2 other females and a male. All done apart from sula [emoji]128533[/emoji] it's like she's not a kitten anymore. I hope she goes back to being one again afterwards. All she wants to do is sit on my lap, but gets uncomfortable quickly.

Do you think that because of her age she might struggle?

raina21

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
My cat is at exactly the same at the moment. The discharge is a bit green though. She's absolutely huge and seems like she's been pregnant forever. She can hardly walk anymore and we've know she's been pregnant for 5+ weeks now so she's definitely due. She has milk in her teats and the last week or so she's been looking for a nest. I've put multiple nests about the house. Hidden and out in the open, she's hasn't paid any interest. She's part Burmese so I know they can retain their kittens longer. I'm just a bit worried that she's incredibly big and only 10 months old [emoji]128584[/emoji] she got caught by a stray when she escaped as we moved! I was not aware she had come in to heat. It was so obvious with my other cats.
M michelle 3381

Cats are induced-ovulaters meaning that they can get pregnant any time they are mated with- as the mating would induce the female to ovulate/drop eggs whether she is in heat or not. So your girl probably was not in heat, but she got out in the vicinity of a tom cat, so he caught her and mated with her.

michelle 3381

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
After a bit of an unsettled day, she seems to of gone back to her normal self. I've put her favourite jumper of mine in a box and tucked it under a desk. She jumped straight in and pad pawed it. Fingers crossed she'll except that. But for now she's sat waiting at the top of the stairs, waiting for me to go to bed so she can have her night time cuddle. We're so close. I got her after I lost my daughter in 2014 This is Sula an hour ago

michelle 3381

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
My poor kitten. I feel so bad allowing this to happen. She can hardly walk anymore. The Tom we've seen in our garden is a pure white stray. Usually chased off by our 3 older cats who gang up on intruders. I'm not sure whether to report him to the rspca. He seems big enough but really really dirty

michelle 3381

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
She's my baby. She spent her first few weeks we brought her home, in my bra [emoji]128514[/emoji] she would still sleep there if she could fit. She's such a lovely natured cat... well she only comes to me.

this is her a week or so after we brought her x

Last edited by a moderator:

michelle 3381

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I love tabby cats. Beautiful Queen [emoji]128571[/emoji] hope your labour goes well! This is my 4th Queen 5th litter. You'd think I'd be a pro, all my other cats were done 9 years ago [emoji]128584[/emoji]

custardsmummy

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Haha memorys faded some what since then I guess lol, I have the dad too.. she caught the day I bought her! Lol I didnt get her as a kitten x