Young Cat
Purraise
The newborn is already looking for milk and crying. Strong little cookie xx

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

michelle 3381

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I pulled a tiny bit to begin with but she started panicking. Then she gave this ulmighty push and howl and out it popped the kitten is still attached as the placenta she hasn't chewed through it and it's not delivered. Kitten is getting cold and Sula decided she didn't want bedding either she took it out

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Okay. Go ahead and cut the cord and tie it off.

Get the kitten on a blanket with a heating pad on low underneath, or use a hot water bottle wrapped in a towel.

michelle 3381

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Thanks for the advice. The kitten is certainly vocal enough lol. Awww she's a brilliant mummy curled up round her kitten x

michelle 3381

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Happy mum, happy kittens. Her teats seem too full and the kits are finding it difficult to latch. Very strong kittens though. Every single one went to a teat as soon as it was born and could crawl quickly. I'm so happy

custardsmummy

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
The smooshed one at the bottom looks so like a cow and is one pure white.. congrats to you and sula soumds like it was difficult but all is okay which is fab x

michelle 3381

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
She's had 4 and has been settled. But now she won't let me leave her again and when I'm not in the room, she'd rather follow me crying until I go back again. She won't stay with them unless Im there. I was also convinced she had another one in there, bit I can't feel It now. But I was 100% certain I felt a head and body. But the bet said because she's drinking eating and seems ok and not pushing anymore, it's very unlikely she'll have another there. Would it be alive if there was?

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
You may need to close her in a room with her kittens so she'll stay. It can take new moms 24-48 hours to truly settle down. She's seeking reassurance from you now! [emoji]128522[/emoji]

michelle 3381

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I'm truly amazed at what a lovely mummy she is. She looks so worried when they cry and I tied off a cord so I wanted to check it. The kitten started crying and she gently took it off me and took it to her nest [emoji]128514[/emoji] so cute. I tried shutting the door. She cried her little eyes out for 15 minutes solid. I felt so guilty and let her out. I have a 3 year old so I couldn't spend another whole day with them in the room so I just had to let her follow me about. She was desperate to get out. I'm not sure why because when I let her, all she did was sit 2 metres away from the back door and sunbathed. She was following me and trying to lead me back to her nest after a while so I went to her nest with her. She seemed to settle quickly and once they started feeding she stayed there. The whole time I tried to stop her from doing things, made her want to do it even more so eventually giving her her own way, she's decided it's much better upstairs with her babies and that's where she is now and I'm sat downstairs. They're settled cuddled together when she's away from the nest and vigorous when she goes back to it. Fighting and shouting to get a teat. They're so strong. I've brought mum some cat milk and kitten meat. A new litter tray of her own and totally separate feeding area neat the nest away from other greedy mogs!!