Very pregnant kitten

custardsmummy

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I bet your so anxious :-) and impatient now wondering when one will appear.my last girl I saw mucus coming out and about 20mins later a sac then another 20mins later she had her first kitten it started at 7pm I stayed up till 1lateram and shed had 3, I knew there was one more to go but I fell asleep and woke up to all 4 :)

custardsmummy

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I think its such an amazing thing to watch but so nerve racking too! Iv bet my other half money that one will be black coloured, he doesnt think so.. and he thinks 4-5babys I think 3-4. I love the experience to be honest just hope I dont miss a thing. My last girl was so loud and wanted me there but custards quite an independent girl and doesnt like much fuss just hope she lets me know when shes ready like your sula is with you x

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

michelle 3381

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
She's still pregnant. She's very clingy and won't leave my side. She just wants to lay in here nest. I think we're definitely in the first stages but she's still eating so could be a while xx

michelle 3381

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I'm on tender hooks. Sula has been nesting for 24hrs. She won't let me leave her nest and follows me crying if I have to tent to my 3 year old. I'm exhausted. It looks like she's chosen me to be her birthing partner whether I like it or not [emoji]128514[/emoji]

michelle 3381

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Sula still hasn't had her kittens. Her contractions are quicker now. But it's been nearly 24hrs now. What should I do?

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Stage one labor can easily last 24 hours. If her contractions are getting closer together she will be pushing soon. Hang in there!

michelle 3381

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
They're definitely closer. She wants me to rub her belly while she's having one. It's very strange. She won't let me leave her. She's laid out of her nest at the moment. I guess there isn't enough room?

michelle 3381

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
We're currently laying out on my bedroom floor. I guess the nest was a bit warm/small? She wants me to rub her belly when she's getting a contraction. She'll cry when she does too. It's an amazing bond. She sleeps on my chest at night. We'll before she fell pregnant. But she still managed at least a 15 minute cuddle a night x thank you c

michelle 3381

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
My other cat had her kittens on my lap. I can see it heading in the same direction. Beautiful experience and she was a kind and loving cat too xx

michelle 3381

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Wouldn't suprise me. My cat had her kittens on my lap. She was exactly like that. I would put towels across your lap and sit on the floor with her xx

michelle 3381

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Sula has started pushing and her waters have just gone. It's been 20 minutes and no sign of a kitten yet. But I don't think she's picking that hArd yet

michelle 3381

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
She's been pushing for 45 minutes and all we can see is a tail [emoji]128532[/emoji]

michelle 3381

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I don't think she's pushing hard enough either x

michelle 3381

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
She's stopping when It hurts too much then locking herself. Is there anything I can do?

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
It's breech. You can try to help pull very GENTLY and only when she pushes.

Otherwise, if she can't deliver it, you'll need a vet.

Kittens can die if they remain too long in the birth canal.