Urgent Help possibility abandoned kittens not sure what to do

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Is the newest kitten old enough to wean?

Walmart carries kitten formula.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

aira45

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
i went to the vet and he told me to prepare lactose reduced milk with a bit of cream, he also refuses to eat that, he tastes, leaves it and keeps crying :/

he barely ate in 16hs (the little that i kind of force it) and i think i'm out of options (i tried also mixing milk with the wet food and nope)

This is strange the other two eat the wet food fine without any help and they're the same age

Any idea?

Last edited:

ginny

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Cow's milk would be bad for him if it's not lactose free.   Raw goats milk is what advisor StefanZ recommends a lot.  

aira45

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Reduced in lactose is what i have right now and the vet recommend it, he has to at least something, anybody has an idea? 

aira45

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I also tried with  a syringe but still nope :(

foxxycat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Honeybee on my lap, music playing in background
do you have honey? you can put honey/water mixture on their gums-this goes right to their blood system. and just keep trying one drop at a time. Maybe they don't like the way you are holding it. Belly DOWN and head UP. Set the kitten on a table under a towel or blanket. Maybe they don't like to be picked up. Some kittens don't like to be held. Try a different position of your body  maybe sit on the floor with the kitten on a towel/blanket on the coffee table or other sturdy surface.

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
She is beautiful! [emoji]128149[/emoji]

Continue to give her some of the powdered milk.

talkingpeanut

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
How are the kittens doing now? Have you been able to help the moms?

aira45

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
All happily adopted. The mothers IDK, they're not in my house so i can't be close to them and grab them, also they are wild, there are no rescue groups in my area willing to do something (mainly bc is not my house). i told my neighbors (they're back) and they told me they might do something but i think is more excuse just for tell me something, they're not animal lovers at all and honestly i don't see them doing anything, but let's see.