Urgent Help possibility abandoned kittens not sure what to do

aira45

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
In short, my neighbors are on a long vacation, and in their abandoned house two cats had kittens. i see one of the moms but not the other in like 2 days, two 2 week old kittens are wandering near my fence since yesterday at morning and sometimes are crying, when they see me they start to cry and want to come with me, one actually passed the fence but i put it back and put some wood to block entrance.

If these kittens are abandoned, it's better i grab them and take care of them BUT if they're not, then they'll be better with their mother, since they are so small, how can i know this?

two things:

- It's been like 48hs, if the mother weren't around, they would be dead already, right? so that means the mother is around?

- If the mother is around, why they're away from their mother and when they see me they want to come with me, i mean I'M HUMAN. Why doesn't the mother take them to her place? 

I don't know anything about kittens but today i went to see them again and they were still near my fence but they were playing between them, when they saw i was seeing them they started to cry and again try to pass the fence so i went away, so they look abandoned but at the same are okay (since they were strong enough to play) IDK people, what should i do?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

aira45

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
They can walk in a clumsy way but they mostly stay close to the fence

talkingpeanut

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
So, I think they are probably older than 2 weeks. Is there any way you can get a picture?

If possible, I would take the kittens and put them in a large box or cat carrier. Hopefully Mom will come to them and you can take the whole family inside. Are you willing to take care of them?

aira45

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
They Just opened their eyes, i saw online that when they start opening the eyes they're 2 weeks old, how much time you say they're? here is pic of yesterday, this one today has both eyes open.

I should mention the main reason why i definitely don't want them in my yard is because i have large dog, is nice but is a brute and likes to chase cats (never hurts them anyway), i actually found this morning a dead kitten in my yard, apparently passed the fence at night and died bc of my dog (or mi cat) or bc the mother wasn't with him, this one was gray, these two are black, i know there are more but i can't see them since they're hidden in some brushes, probably with the mother, just these two are now wandering near the fence alone about 7mts away from the brushes.

If i take them, i have to keep them, i would do it if they're abandoned but if they have a mother that takes care of them then is far better leave them with her

talkingpeanut

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
They Just opened their eyes, i saw online that when they start opening the eyes they're 2 weeks old, how much time you say they're? here is pic of yesterday, this one today has both eyes open.

I should mention the main reason why i definitely don't want them in my yard is because i have large dog, is nice but is a brute and likes to chase cats (never hurts them anyway), i actually found this morning a dead kitten in my yard, apparently passed the fence at night and died bc of my dog (or mi cat) or bc the mother wasn't with him, this one was gray, these two are black, i know there are more but i can't see them since they're hidden in some brushes, probably with the mother, just these two are now wandering near the fence alone about 7mts away from the brushes.
If i take them, i have to keep them, i would do it if they're abandoned but if they have a mother that takes care of them then is far better leave them with her
That kitten is older than 2 weeks and has an eye infection. That's why it's eyes might appear closed.

Please bring the kittens in if you can keep them safe. Will you be able to provide medical care? They will need antibiotic ointment for the eyes. They will also need to be spayed and neutered and vaccinated eventually, etc.

They're not better off with Mom outside, but it would be great if you could get Mom inside too. Don't wait to get the kittens.

Primula

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
That kitten is older than 2 weeks and has an eye infection. That's why it's eyes might appear closed.

Please bring the kittens in if you can keep them safe. Will you be able to provide medical care? They will need antibiotic ointment for the eyes. They will also need to be spayed and neutered and vaccinated eventually, etc.

They're not better off with Mom outside, but it would be great if you could get Mom inside too. Don't wait to get the kittens.
:yeah:

aira45

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Do you know how old they are? 3 weeks? what can i give them to eat? i don't have access right now to special food for kittens, i have milk in my house, but that is bad for them right?

Just to clarify a bit more i left some pics, this situation is a bit strange: 

talkingpeanut

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Not sure exactly how old, but they might be able to eat solids. You're right that cow milk is bad. Can you get goat milk? Or kitten milk replacer?

You could also make a soup out of wet cat food.

Primula

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Do you know how old they are? 3 weeks? what can i give them to eat? i don't have access right now to special food for kittens, i have milk in my house, but that is bad for them right?
Just to clarify a bit more i left some pics, this situation is a bit strange: 
Yes, don't give them milk. The kittens look to be about 4 weeks old. If you want to & are able to take care of them, I would scoop up the kittens. Try to get the mother too. She is probably very very hungry.

You don't need any special food. Get some wet cat food & dilute it with water. They may be able to slurp this up. If they like it, mix in an egg yolk, which is very nutritious for them. I have to add, though, that if you feed these kitties you will then be responsible for all their care.

Last edited:

aira45

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Here is a better picture of these two 

are they sick? well feed? apparently the black cat is not the mother bc she hisses at them when they try to get close, the other mother (a gray one) i don't see her in 2 days, but these little things seems to be okay, or not?i call them right now but they just stay looking at me.

talkingpeanut

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

are they sick? well feed? apparently the black cat is not the mother bc she hisses at them when they try to get close, the other mother (a gray one) i don't see her in 2 days, but these little things seems to be okay, or not?i call them right now but they just stay looking at me.
Can you bring them inside or no? They need to be in a safe home.

aira45

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I can, i think, but i really want to make sure they REALLY NEED HELP bc i already have another kitten inside my room, is 4 months old (still waiting for adoption), do you think he could hurt them? i can't have them in another place, that's why i'm asking if these little ones are just fine or is a death sentence if i don't grab them.

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
A aira45

Death sentence if you do not take them! One has been killed already!

Please bring the kittens inside your home. Clean their eyes gently with a warm, damp cloth. Feed them wet food that is watered down with a tablespoon of water. Keep them in your room away from your other pets. They need a small box with sand or litter to use. Feed them every 4 hours.

Please also put food out for the mother cats. They are leaving their kittens to go in search of food because they are starving. Whoever left them behind is cruel. Bring the mom to your home too if you can get her.

In the next few days you can contact a rescue organization who may be able to take them in and prepare them for adoption.

Thank you for helping these cats and kittens!

Last edited:

aira45

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I could grab one, i don't find the other one, he's hidden and doesn't come, i don't have special food for cat, can a regular food for kitten in warm water be good? 

aira45

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Do they need special warm? can i leave him alone for 8 hours?

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
They should be okay at room temperature without special heat. Any wet cat food will do.

You can leave the kitten alone but you must leave food for the kitten.

Try to find the other one too please.

Primula

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I can, i think, but i really want to make sure they REALLY NEED HELP bc i already have another kitten inside my room, is 4 months old (still waiting for adoption), do you think he could hurt them? i can't have them in another place, that's why i'm asking if these little ones are just fine or is a death sentence if i don't grab them.
Yes, I think a 4 months old kitten could possibly hurt little kittens.

Primula

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

Don't know if they are well-fed or sick. Impossible to tell. What we can tell is that they are very young & VERY VULNERABLE.

Go for it - grab them & bring them indoors. You know you want to. [emoji]128526[/emoji]