Urgent Help possibility abandoned kittens not sure what to do

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

aira45

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I cannot see the other one, maybe it's with the mother (?) i also don't hear any crying

aira45

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Went to see again and was the other one crying now i have the two :p i just put a bowl with water and dry food from my other kitten and they eat from there, is this okay?

talkingpeanut

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Went to see again and was the other one crying now i have the two :p i just put a bowl with water and dry food from my other kitten and they eat from there, is this okay?
Good job!! Can they eat dry food? Have you seen them? Where do you have them set up? How are their eyes?

Primula

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
If they are eating dry food, they are possibly older than we thought. Probably small & under-nourished.

Yes, it's okay.

Last edited:

aira45

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
No they're not eating dry food, i mix dry food with warm water and they eat that. They still cry, is that normal?

Primula

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
No they're not eating dry food, i mix dry food with warm water and they eat that. They still cry, is that normal?
Even so, they are probably a little older than we thought. Where do you have them now? If we know that, we can help figure out why they're crying.

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Do you have any wet cat food to offer them?

They are probably crying because they are hungry and frightened. Be sure they get enough to eat and that you comfort them.

Have you cleaned their eyes yet with a warm, damp cloth? Be gentle, but the one with a closed eye will open it once you soften the goo that is keeping it closed.

Last edited:

aira45

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
They stopped crying now and are in their box together, i put them in a room away from the other kitten, i have no other place to keep them so they'll have to be there until somebody adopts them. the food i'm giving them it's not the ideal but it's what i have right now, tomorrow i'll buy something better.

livelovepurr

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Do you have a domestic animal services or animal rescue to contact in your area? You could offer to foster them when they retrieve them too. They should pay for medical costs for the kittens. They'd probably also try to catch the queens too.

Primula

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
They stopped crying now and are in their box together, i put them in a room away from the other kitten, i have no other place to keep them so they'll have to be there until somebody adopts them. the food i'm giving them it's not the ideal but it's what i have right now, tomorrow i'll buy something better.
That's wonderful news. Clean water, food whenever they want it, & somewhere comfy to sleep, that's all they want. They must think they died & went to heaven. Can you post a photo?

livelovepurr

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Since you have the kittens, I'd call around and talk to all the animal rescues, as well as contacting animal services. The queens need to be caught and spayed to prevent another litter.

aira45

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
They need an extra bowl of water? i assumed that need was included in the wet food. Yes i need to figure out a way to spay those cats it's not the first time they have kittens but since they are in the neighbor's house (and they basically don't care) i can't do much, also the other kittens that IDK if they're abandoned too but they don't come nowhere near to the fence so i can't grab them.

talkingpeanut

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
They need an extra bowl of water? i assumed that need was included in the wet food. Yes i need to figure out a way to spay those cats it's not the first time they have kittens but since they are in the neighbor's house (and they basically don't care) i can't do much, also the other kittens that IDK if they're abandoned too but they don't come nowhere near to the fence so i can't grab them.
Yes, all cats need access to a bowl of water at all times.

Your neighbors have abandoned their cats. You can take responsibility for getting them spayed. It is a wonderful thing to do.

livelovepurr

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
The area I live in has many rescues. You can contact your local animal services and ask for advice. See if they have a spay and release program or if they know of any rescues that you can contact.

aira45

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
The mother came back today (IDK why she goes away, i always leave them enough food for both of them), should i give them to her since they need cat socialization? all the other kitten seem to be okay, no one crying and the kitten i point yesterday in the pic is still wandering around there okay, so she does seems to take care of these little things.