Urgent Help possibility abandoned kittens not sure what to do

talkingpeanut

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
The mother came back today (IDK why she goes away, i always leave them enough food for both of them), should i give them to her since they need cat socialization? all the other kitten seem to be okay, no one crying and the kitten i point yesterday in the pic is still wandering around there okay, so she does seems to take care of these little things.
NO! Do not put them back outside. They are indoor cats now, and safe with you. They will likely die if they go back out. Remove this idea from your head.

How are their eyes today?

Please try to bring Mom inside to be with them.

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Yes, please bring any other kittens inside also, along with the mom. The mom will care for them in your home. It's safer and healthier!

Can you do that?

Last edited:
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter

aira45

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
There is no way i can do that, i can't break into the house, and even if i could i can't have the kittens in my yard, i have a dog, the moms don't get very close to me so no way i can grab them, if that were the case i would have spayed them long ago because i knew both were going to have kittens who are then probably dead or abandoned cats, they are not in my territory that's the problem and my neighbors just don't care about the situation.

livelovepurr

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Please call your local domestic animal services about the situation today.

talkingpeanut

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
There is no way i can do that, i can't break into the house, and even if i could i can't have the kittens in my yard, i have a dog, the moms don't get very close to me so no way i can grab them, if that were the case i would have spayed them long ago because i knew both were going to have kittens who are then probably dead or abandoned cats, they are not in my territory that's the problem and my neighbors just don't care about the situation.
You have the kittens in your house, right?

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
I was not suggesting that you break into a house. My understanding is that the cat and kittens were in the yard, not the house.

Is there no one living in the house? If not, how do the cats get fed or go in and out? I must be confused about the situation.

You posted asking for help and we are attempting to help you.

Last edited:

aira45

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
should i give them in adoption now or wait 1-2 weeks? 

talkingpeanut

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
If you have a rescue that will take the kittens and Mom, that would be great.

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Continue caring for them until you can get them to a no-kill shelter, unless you know someone who can give them a good home right now.

Can you post a picture of them?

If you give me your city and state I can look for a shelter for you that may be able to take them in.

nevroth

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Thank you for being a hero to those two kittens. I know you will try and grab any others that wander near your fence. I hope you take the others advice and call animal services or a local rescue to see about getting the queens TNR. I understand it's hard, seeing as you have a grown dog and cat, and was already fostering a 4 month old, but those 2 kittens would have died like the grey one. I wish you good luck!!

ashade1

Wild and Wonderful Animal Rescue Director
Top Cat
Purraise
Were you able to find an animal rescue group to help with these kittens? It sounds like they (and the other kittens still in the house) definitely need help! We will help you find somewhere to take them and to get the moms spayed!

aira45

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I'm not from USA, i'm asking shelters in my country to see what we can do, for now i'll give these two kittens in adoption bc they can't live most of the time in a small room, who old they're? http://*************/1Kl8ZDd.jpg

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Looks to be maybe 6-8 weeks old at most. Who will you give them to?

What country are you in?

aira45

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I grabbed another one but thus one is constanly crying and refuses to eat. Apparently he is hungry but doesn't want the cat humid food

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Are you giving them wet food or dry food or both? He is scared. He needs to relax to eat.

aira45

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Wet food i dont see him scared just hungry but doesnt eat he just want the milk from the mother. Any alternative food to try?

banbury

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Do you have any access to kitten milk replacer (KMR)? A lot of the larger pet stores will carrier it.

For motherless kittens that are old enough to be weaned, I usually mix KMR with wet food to make a milkshake consistency food for them. Sometimes though if they're not used to actual cat food, you may need to put some around their mouths or on their tongue to stimulate things. Definitely don't force feed it, but they need to learn that it's ok to eat it.