Undecided

hellomisskitty

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Is there nothing they will do to work with you? I would think that getting this poor boy into a good home would be a priority. I understand that they have to have rules but you are ready and willing to give this cat a home. Would you be in a position to offer a financial "donation" to the rescue place in order to compensate for the extra time and cost to travel to you? Just trying to think outside the box here...

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

flojo75

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Yeah I've offered to pay their petrol money & their £80 donation fee but she sounds like she is putting hurdles in the way of everything I suggest

hellomisskitty

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Is the person you have been speaking with in charge of the rescue group? I only ask because if it's not, maybe you can try speaking to whomever is? The person in charge may be able to make an exception to this distance policy.
If you have been speaking to the person in charge and you'd really like to adopt Shadow, then my last suggestion is to keep calling every day to see if you all can work something out.

My final thought is, though I don't want you to give up on Shadow, there are probably lots of wonderful kitties at rescue groups near you that could use a loving home. If Shadow finds another home or you can't work something out with the rescue, you should look around to see there is another kitty who you would like to open your home and heart to.

flojo75

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Hi,

In light of the possibility that I won't get shadow I am going to look at another cat called Sheba, she is black, white & Ginger. She is 8yrs old & has never had a cat tree, will she adapt to having one??

flojo75

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Hi HelloMissKitty,

Yes the lady I've been speaking to is the owner of the rescue centre.

hellomisskitty

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hi,

In light of the possibility that I won't get shadow I am going to look at another cat called Sheba, she is black, white & Ginger. She is 8yrs old & has never had a cat tree, will she adapt to having one??
Oh Sheba sounds darling!! What a disappointment about Shadow but we will have to trust that he finds a wonderful forever home. I think it's wonderful that you have opened your heart to the possibility of giving Sheba a wonderful home. And yes, Sheba will figure out and enjoy a cat tree. It may take her time but she will figure it out [emoji]128571[/emoji]!

flojo75

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Oh that's good, her owners are Hungarian & got her from a rescue centre over their & they brought her over to England when she was 1yr old. They are moving back to Hungary & the flat they are moving into states they can't have pets, which as you can imagine they are gutted about [emoji]9785[/emoji]️

hellomisskitty

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh gosh, that is so sad [emoji]128575[/emoji]. I'm sure it would give them great comfort to know that their precious Sheba had a good home. I know I would if I were in that situation.

flojo75

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Yeah I'm just hoping she's right for me, from what I can gather she is a pretty laid back kitty & she's more mature so she'll be a bit more chilled

flojo75

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Hi folks, well on Sunday I'm going to see Sheba & I can't wait I'm soooo excited. Her current owner has been so honest about her & she sounds lovely.
Just a quick question can the vet tell me the company that her microchip is from as the guy is Hungarian & can't find who he took the microchip with, I have her number as she's got a pet passport??

hellomisskitty

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I can't wait to hear how you meeting with Sheba goes! It's great that her current guardians are so upfront and honest. I bet Sheba has been well cared for and they want a good life with her.
I have no idea about the micro-chip but maybe a call to a vet would shed some light?

flojo75

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Well folks, I've been totally done over, shebas owner contacted me today & told me that a woman had rung him today & he is letting her have the cat, this is after I had enquired about her first. Very annoyed. But on the plus side the cat rescue have agreed to bring shadow to me so I'll be getting him after all, think it was meant to be!!!!

LotsOfFur

What greater gift than the love of a cat.
Top Cat
Purraise
Wow! That was quite a turn of events! It was meant to be... You and Shadow [emoji]128149[/emoji]

Without even realizing it you have practiced being a cat guardian. The excitement, disappointment, fickleness and being able to change gears and mind set spontaneously. :D

Don't ever doubt that you two are meant for each other! I'm looking forward to updates. :hugs:

flojo75

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Yeah I'm really pleased, he's around a lot of other cats don't think he'll be glad being on his own to chill out all day

flojo75

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Meant I think he will like being on his own to chill out (typing error). I hope I can rely on you folks for advice when I get him, I think I'll need some in the first few weeks

flojo75

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Well it's official, by 2pm on Sunday I'll be a proud owner of a kitty, so so excited