Undecided

NewYork1303

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thanks NewYork1303, I'll look at getting other brands that columbine suggested. Can I ask what food do you use & are your cats indoors cats??
My cats are both indoor only. We live in a forest and if they went out alone they'd be likely to end up as a snack. 

We are feeding Nutrisca dry right now, but will be switching to Nature's Variety Instinct soon. For wet food we feed Weruva, Fancy Feast, Sheba, and Nutro. 

I don't know if you have any of those brands where you are though. 

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

flojo75

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Columbine that's great advice, I'll look into it, I must admit I did have reservations over it.

flojo75

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Hi NewYork1303, we have Sheba but not sure about the other brands. Thanks a lot for your advice

tuffsmom

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Hi folks,

I'm after a bit of advice regarding litter trays & litter. How much litter should you put in the tray? I'm planning putting it in my kitchen about 8ft away from his food as he's used to it being in the kitchen. Also should I line the tray with anything. I plan to clean out the mess everyday & do a full clean every week, is that acceptable??
March

tuffsmom

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Keep the litter depth at 2 inches. I have one cat and 2 litter boxes. Both are scooped once or twice a day and a full cleaning once a month. This worKS well for me. No odor or going outside of the box.

flojo75

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Just a quick question, on the day I get shadow I am on a night out do you think he'll be ok?

flojo75

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Oh that's great, I've been told it's not ideal as I should be there with him, just worried??

NewYork1303

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh that's great, I've been told it's not ideal as I should be there with him, just worried??
A lot of adult cats spend the whole first evening sitting under a bed or hiding anyhow. I don't see how a person being there would matter to them. I've heard many cases where the cat was afraid to explore the territory until it was left on its own or the people went to bed.

flojo75

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Thanks for your advice

flojo75

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Well folks, I'm having to wait another week for shadow as he was supposed to have his second injection two weeks ago but the rescue centre couldn't take him so he's having if on Tuesday & I won't get him until a week on Sunday, it's killing me but he'll be well worth the wait!!!!

flojo75

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Awe thank you. He is currently been kept all day in a bedroom, so he will love the freedom of a house to explore

hellomisskitty

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
He absolutely will enjoy having so much space all to himself. Thank you for being so persistant in your efforts to bring him to your home. He is a lucky little man [emoji]128571[/emoji]

flojo75

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Awe thank you

flojo75

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Hi,

I found out yesterday that shadow is being kept in a bedroom all day [emoji]9785[/emoji]️ I can't wait until I get him & he can roam around in a big house all day!!!!

LotsOfFur

What greater gift than the love of a cat.
Top Cat
Purraise
I know it seems sad but honestly with all the changes and the surgery Shadow has had small spaces are a comfort to cats.
I know that you are ready to have him home! He will be a happy kitty once he knows your home is his forever home.
I'm excited for you... Not too much longer now :D

flojo75

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
It just makes me sad that he's stuck in there all day [emoji]9785[/emoji]️

hellomisskitty

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I know it seems sad but honestly with all the changes and the surgery Shadow has had small spaces are a comfort to cats.
I know that you are ready to have him home! He will be a happy kitty once he knows your home is his forever home.
I'm excited for you... Not too much longer now :D
I was thinking the same thing....Shadow may feel comforted by being in just one room [emoji]128571[/emoji]
I'm counting down the days with you...so excited for the both of you [emoji]10084[/emoji]️

daezae

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
The window seat perch with the suction cups do work. My boy cat is very heavy, I'd guess 19 to 20lbs and he does fine with it. He sits there and watches the birds in the tree outside our front window and does his little chatter noise. It's very cute.

Also, agreed on the scented litter. Some cats aren't too fond of it. I use baking soda and it seems to do alright.