Undecided

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
My girls enjoy the bird feeder. They enjoy the bunnies too. Every cat is different. If Shadow seems bothered you can remove it.

My 2 sometimes chatter at the birds or occasionally paw at the window; but the most animated reaction is to the shadows the birds make before we open the (no longer pretty) curtains. They reacted about the same when we had a fish tank and we had that before we adopted them as small kittens.

red top rescue

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Bird feeders are like Kitty TV.  I don't think they get frustrated because they can't get at them.  My friend has 3 birdfeeders on her back deck with big picture windows for the cats to look out and they enjoy it.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

flojo75

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Well folks, shadow has gone into a cat shelter & even though I'm happy to give him a loving quiet home with lots of love but the lady is not happy that she has to travel an hour to bring him to me. I know so much about him as well. She won't let me pick him up because it is their policy. It's touch & go as to whether I will get him now [emoji]9785[/emoji]️

red top rescue

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I bet your chances of getting him are good as long as she is willing to tell you what shelter he went into.  It's kitten season now and older cats are not likely to get adopted quickly.  Plus he may be upset and may not be very friendly to strangers until he settles in.  This will be one of those tests of the Cat Goddess.  If he is the cat you are supposed to have, you will have to give up the undecided stance and go after him.  Find out what shelter he is going to, call and see when he will be available for adoption (there is usually some vet work involved) shots and neutering if he was not yet neutered -- and find out when you can apply for him.  Then apply and hope you are approved to adopt him. 

Or

You can do nothing.

hellomisskitty

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I bet your chances of getting him are good as long as she is willing to tell you what shelter he went into.  It's kitten season now and older cats are not likely to get adopted quickly.  Plus he may be upset and may not be very friendly to strangers until he settles in.  This will be one of those tests of the Cat Goddess.  If he is the cat you are supposed to have, you will have to give up the undecided stance and go after him.  Find out what shelter he is going to, call and see when he will be available for adoption (there is usually some vet work involved) shots and neutering if he was not yet neutered -- and find out when you can apply for him.  Then apply and hope you are approved to adopt him. 

Or
You can do nothing.
Wonderful advice red top rescue red top rescue .

flojo75

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I have spoken to the cat rescue & it is them that are saying they don't want to travel to me. I'm 100% certain that I want him, I've bought all the gear. So they are putting a spanner in the works, even though I've told them I can offer him a loving stress free home!!

red top rescue

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I have spoken to the cat rescue & it is them that are saying they don't want to travel to me. I'm 100% certain that I want him, I've bought all the gear. So they are putting a spanner in the works, even though I've told them I can offer him a loving stress free home!!
This is part of the TEST, you see.  If you want him enough, you will drive to get him.  You will ask them "what do Ineed to do to get him?"  And then you will do it, promptly.

flojo75

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I cannot drive to get him as the lady has already told me that their policy is to bring the cat to you because there is a trend whereby people a getting cats & using them as dog bait. This is nothing I have ever heard of but apparently where she is from it is rife. I'd be more than happy to pick him up but she won't let me

red top rescue

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
OK, I understand that.  I usually take my adoptees to a meet & greet in the prospective owner's home.  That's good for the cat and also good for me.  One thing you might do is offer to give the rescue references they can call, such as your vet, your boss, or better yet, , if it's an approval thing, see if you can get a local rescue, if there is one, to do a home inspection.  We have that here all the time, another rescue will call me and say they want to adopt a cat to someone in this area, but it's a long ways away, so would I be willing to do a home inspection and meet this person.  Then I can give them a note to take with them, with my signature on it, saying this is a good home and their cat will be safe here in my opinion, yes, I would adopt to this person.  Then you can go get the cat.

red top rescue

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Also, if there is no rescue group of shelter near you that they could call and ask, then see if any of them has a personal friend near enough that they could visit you and do a home check.  By the way, the thing about dog bait is true in most rural areas.  Extremely sad.  That's why we tell everyone do not offer any animals for FREE TO GOOD HOME.  Always charge a "rehoming fee" or an adoption fee.  NOTE TO EVERYONE:  If you worm and vaccinate your kittens, folks, you can certainly justify charging the vet fee for that as long as you give the new owners proof.  A good owner will appreciate that, and it weeds out all the ones that don't have good intentions.

hellomisskitty

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
OK, I understand that.  I usually take my adoptees to a meet & greet in the prospective owner's home.  That's good for the cat and also good for me.  One thing you might do is offer to give the rescue references they can call, such as your vet, your boss, or better yet, , if it's an approval thing, see if you can get a local rescue, if there is one, to do a home inspection.  We have that here all the time, another rescue will call me and say they want to adopt a cat to someone in this area, but it's a long ways away, so would I be willing to do a home inspection and meet this person.  Then I can give them a note to take with them, with my signature on it, saying this is a good home and their cat will be safe here in my opinion, yes, I would adopt to this person.  Then you can go get the cat.
Another great piece of advice red top rescue red top rescue !!!

flojo75

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Oh right I've never come across the dog baiting, it horrendous, I'll suggest that she gets in touch with a cat rescue local to me & see if she would go for that.

flojo75

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Awe thank you

hellomisskitty

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Where there's a will, there's a way. I hope that the cat rescue will help you figure out a way to work with you. Please keep us posted!

flojo75

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Yeah I definitely will keep you all updated

flojo75

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Well folks I suggested that the cat rescue lady get a local rescue to me do a house check then I could pick shadow up but she refused saying it was her policy to deliver the cat. I just can't win!!!!

talkingpeanut

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Well folks I suggested that the cat rescue lady get a local rescue to me do a house check then I could pick shadow up but she refused saying it was her policy to deliver the cat. I just can't win!!!!
Why is that a problem? Couldn't they come see your house and then deliver him on a different day? If it's a trial period it should be fine anyway.

flojo75

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
It's not a trial period now because he's gone to a cat rescue, the lady that had him before was willing to do a home trial but the rescue place won't allow it, it doesn't look as though I'm going to get him as they don't want to travel the hour to me