Tolly was the Joy of My life for 12 years, 2 months and 18 days

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

otto

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Gail :hugs: I still think of you and send prayers your way hoping you are doing a little better after losing :rbheart: Tolly. That tribute to Tolly was incredibly beautiful and made me cry all over again. You love him so and he loved you soooooooo :heart3: The picture of Tolly rubbing your cheek is just very precious. He certainly was your special boy and he still is - in your heat and your soul - forever..... he will always be with you, sweetie..... :hugs::hugs:
Play peacefully on that bridge sweet, dear :rbheart: Tolly :rbheart:
Thank you Lauren. Even though he was ready to go, he is deeply mourned and missed. I love that picture too, and am so glad I have it. Took it with my web cam.

:hugs: :hugs: :hugs: :hugs: :hugs: :hugs: :hugs: :hugs:
I think it's beautiful that you want to reply to everyone individually. :heart3: But I am SURE I speak for everyone when I say I hope you know you don't NEED to. :heart3: I am also sure that no one will feel slighted if you want to, but need to wait. :heart3: :heart3: :heart3:
Thank you Laurie. The replies in this thread mean so much to me, I do like to answer each one, even if I have nothing new or profound to say. Every word my TCS friends write is Tolly's life acknowledged, and a comfort to me.

I am sorry to read of the passing of Tolly.  I think most of us have experienced the loss of our soul kitties.  Right now your emotions are quite intense I know I've been there.  What helped a bit for me is while your memory is fresh is to write down what you loved and what you will miss about Tolly.  I did this when I lost my soul cat and I taped this to the back of a photo of her that I have framed. Though its been several years I can look back at what I wrote and feel better.

Play happy with all your and our kitty pals at the Rainbow Bridge.................
Thank you Gail. Yes, I have been through it so many times. Each is different, as different as each cat. Tolly wanted to go, he was in a hurry to be with his beloved Bibbs and his beloved Ootay. But I miss him so much. I just miss him so much.

mrsgreenjeens

Every Life Should Have Nine Cats
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Gail, on the day Tolly left us, I tried to respond to that thread, but it was closed as I was typing, and I thought about pm'ing you my condolences, but wasn't sure if I should open that wound or not.  Since you have now posted this extraordinary tribute, I have a chance to say how very sorry I am for your loss, but what a wonderful thing you did for him by letting him go the way you did,so surrounded by love, and even wrapped in your pajama top.  And how you even had the other kitties smell your hands afterwards...extraordinary!  Normally I would be crying bucket fulls, but somehow this tribute left me feeling different.  Sad, naturally, but also soothed to think that he really IS with all our other Rainbow kitties, and especially with all YOUR other Rainbow kitties, and that he IS able to help you in your journey to recover from his loss.  Does that make sense?  He definitely was one very special kitty, your
Tolly Sweat Pea

otto

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Gail, on the day Tolly left us, I tried to respond to that thread, but it was closed as I was typing, and I thought about pm'ing you my condolences, but wasn't sure if I should open that wound or not.  Since you have now posted this extraordinary tribute, I have a chance to say how very sorry I am for your loss, but what a wonderful thing you did for him by letting him go the way you did,so surrounded by love, and even wrapped in your pajama top.  And how you even had the other kitties smell your hands afterwards...extraordinary!  Normally I would be crying bucket fulls, but somehow this tribute left me feeling different.  Sad, naturally, but also soothed to think that he really IS with all our other Rainbow kitties, and especially with all YOUR other Rainbow kitties, and that he IS able to help you in your journey to recover from his loss.  Does that make sense?  He definitely was one very special kitty, your :rbheart: Tolly Sweat Pea :rbheart:
Thank you Sally. The thread did get closed a little too fast. A PM would not have been an intrusion, just so you know, but I feel the same way when it happens to someone else. :)

Your words make perfect sense and I do take great comfort in knowing that Tolly is with Bibbs and Ootay, and for the past two or three days I keep getting these vivid pictures in my mind of my two red boys together!:rbheart::rbheart:

It's difficult to be sad, when I know how happy he is..but I miss him so much, sometimes the hurt of loss is hard to bear.

otto

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

nanner

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
....Here is Mazy to comfort me. She always comes and offers love and comfort when I begin to cry over missing Tolly. She pats my face and murmurs little comforting prrt prrt sounds.
Isn't it amazing how our cats can read and respond to our every emotion? I've been away from a computer for almost two weeks, and I'm stunned by the losses I've been reading about as I'm catching up here at TCS. I'm crying through beautiful tributes, and Larry keeps putting his paws up on the desk and meowing and looking at me with an expression of, "What's wrong? Can I help?"

Your beautiful tribute to Tolly was wonderful, and I know it hurts, but you made his passing very beautiful and peaceful - the way I feel it should be with loved members of our fur family. And your vet sounds so understanding. Tolly was obviously a loving, sweet boy, and is now pain free and playing with Bibbs and Ootay. His spirit will be with you forever.

RIP sweet Tolly.:rbheart:

otto

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Isn't it amazing how our cats can read and respond to our every emotion? I've been away from a computer for almost two weeks, and I'm stunned by the losses I've been reading about as I'm catching up here at TCS. I'm crying through beautiful tributes, and Larry keeps putting his paws up on the desk and meowing and looking at me with an expression of, "What's wrong? Can I help?"
Your beautiful tribute to Tolly was wonderful, and I know it hurts, but you made his passing very beautiful and peaceful - the way I feel it should be with loved members of our fur family. And your vet sounds so understanding. Tolly was obviously a loving, sweet boy, and is now pain free and playing with Bibbs and Ootay. His spirit will be with you forever.
RIP sweet Tolly.:rbheart:
Thank you so much for your kind note! Yes, Mazy has been a great comfort, when I get sad about Tolly, though I try not to do it too often at home, to spare her the stress of my grief.

trouts mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Just read this. I am just bawling reading this thread.

I'm so very sorry you had to lose Tolly. How heartbreaking.

otto

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Just read this. I am just bawling reading this thread.

I'm so very sorry you had to lose Tolly. How heartbreaking.
Thank you. It's been almost six weeks and I miss him so much sometimes I don't know how to bear it. My girls, Mazy, Jennie and Queen Eva, bring love, comfort and joy, I thank heaven for them

shyestblossom

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
So very sorry for your loss..... I wish I had the strength to write such a tribute for my boy, but every time I try, well I just can't get the words out. Thank you so much for sharing your's and Tolly's story. RIP Tolly 

blueyedgirl5946

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I am so very sorry for your loss.  Tolly was so loved.  It is so hard to lose them.  Live doesn't seem real without them.  In time,  I know your memories will bring you sweet peace and comfort.  I wish all cats could have a home and be as loved as your Tolly.  Hugs.

2catsforus

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Your tribute to Tolly was so touching, & had me all choked up.  May his spirit comfort you as you work through this sad time.  RIP Tolly.  I know my Sasha is there with you, showing you around. 

farleyv

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
What love you two had.  It brings tears to me.

So very sorry for the loss of your little friend.  Tolly is in good company at the Bridge.  I hope you soon look back with a smile.

Take good care.

otto

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
So very sorry for your loss..... I wish I had the strength to write such a tribute for my boy, but every time I try, well I just can't get the words out. Thank you so much for sharing your's and Tolly's story. RIP Tolly :rbheart:
Thank you very much. It took several weeks after Tolly left for the Bridge before I was able to post this thread. Everyone is different in how we cope with our grief.

Tolly's Squirrel Imitation

Last edited:

otto

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I am so very sorry for your loss.  Tolly was so loved.  It is so hard to lose them.  Live doesn't seem real without them.  In time,  I know your memories will bring you sweet peace and comfort.  I wish all cats could have a home and be as loved as your Tolly.  Hugs.
Thank you for your kind words. I miss him every day, but...I also smile at my memories of the joy he brought me every day. Tolly was such a special cat

Tolly chewing his box

otto

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Your tribute to Tolly was so touching, & had me all choked up.  May his spirit comfort you as you work through this sad time.  RIP Tolly.  I know my Sasha is there with you, showing you around. 
Thank you so much. Tolly does pop in and visit me when I need him most. The Bridge is full of our special Angels.

Tolly asks me to feed him breakfast in bed, so he won't miss his sunbeam

I did, of course

Last edited:

otto

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
What love you two had.  It brings tears to me.

So very sorry for the loss of your little friend.  Tolly is in good company at the Bridge.  I hope you soon look back with a smile.

Take good care.
Thank you for your kind words. I can't help but smile when I think of my Sweet Pea. I smile through my tears.

Tolly was the sweetest cat ever. Tolly Sweet Pea was his full name.

He was all hearts