Tolly was the Joy of My life for 12 years, 2 months and 18 days

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

otto

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I am so happy to have found those kitten pictures. Thanks for looking.

feralvr

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
OH :rbheart: TOLLY!!!!!!!!!! What an adorable little man he was as a kitten. I am so glad that you posted those pictures, Gail. You loved him so. :heart3: and still do. :heart2: p.s. That catnip video is priceless. I missed that one back in February. Glad to have seen it now.. :hugs: :hugs: :hugs;

Last edited:

kittylover23

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
OH otto! I'm so very sorry for your loss. Tolly was such a gorgeous kitty. He is being welcomed at the Bridge by my Angels Candy, Ruby, Bobby, Duchess and Socks.
I'm so very sorry. Hugs for you!

otto

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Tolly left me, one year ago today. A year ago, I was in so much pain and shock, how I longed for a year to have passed, so the pain would be eased.

Well, that year passed. The pain is....easier, I guess. I miss him so, and just still sometimes cannot believe he's really gone. He stays close, in spirit, most of the time. I actually make it a day or two at a time without weeping, but most days I do still cry a little. I love you, my Tolly Sweet Pea.

OH :rbheart: TOLLY!!!!!!!!!! What an adorable little man he was as a kitten. I am so glad that you posted those pictures, Gail. You loved him so. :heart3: and still do. :heart2: p.s. That catnip video is priceless. I missed that one back in February. Glad to have seen it now.. :hugs: :hugs: :hugs;
Thank you Lauren.

OH otto! I'm so very sorry for your loss. Tolly was such a gorgeous kitty. He is being welcomed at the Bridge by my Angels Candy, Ruby, Bobby, Duchess and Socks. :rbheart: I'm so very sorry. Hugs for you! :hugs: :hugs: :hugs: :hugs: :hugs: :hugs:
Thank you!

otto

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thanks you guys. I was very fortunate to have Tolly in my life for those 12 short years. Even with all the worry over him, I don't think I ever breathed an easy breath after his seizures started, I wouldn't trade a day of it. It was a wonderful journey, always an adventure, full of joy and love and laughter, and learning. He was so special, My Nurse Tolly, always fussing over anyone sick, be it me or one of the other cats, Tolly LOVED other cats, all other cats. I remember when Ootay got so old and frail, when she was very poorly Tolly would barely leave her side. I always knew when Ootay was feeling better, because Tolly would stop clinging to her so closely.

He never got to be old but.....he never had to suffer any of the illnesses and aches and pains that come with age either. That seems....right...really, since his whole life was a very big challenge. He took so many pills every single day for his entire life, and never complained or fussed or fought me. He had the painful FORL. He had to go the the vet so often, not just his own vet, but those long long drives to Cornell. He was always so sweet and accepting. I never heard him hiss, ever, in his whole life.

And...at the end..he was so so so glad to be going. He was so grateful to me, for releasing him to join his Beloved Bibbs and Beloved Ootay.

I should be celebrating his life, not grieving my loss, and I do.....I do celebrate his Gotcha Day still, even though he's not here in body, his spirit will never leave me.

I think about you every day, my dear own special Tolly Sweet Pea

Tolly in heaven with Bibbs and Ootay. (and all the other cats there, I KNOW he is in true heaven with so many other cats!)

Last edited:

otto

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
This time of year, as the angle of the sun changes, it shines onto my bed in the morning, right about the time the cats get their breakfast. This was one of Tolly's Favorite Things. He LOVED to hang out in the unmade bed in a puddle of sunlight. Nothing would move him, not even breakfast.

Can't I eat here?

Pleeeeese, Mom?

needless to say..
This morning I caught Jennie enjoying the morning Sun Beam that hits the bed this time of year, and of course it made me think of my Tolly :angel: and how much he loved that spring time morning Sun Beam.

[VIDEO][/VIDEO]

Just for fun, here's Jennie this morning (click on pic to enlarge)

Last edited:

jcat

Mo(w)gli's can opener
Veteran
Purraise
There are probably always going to be little things that remind us of our fur babies who have crossed the bridge. I hope Tolly has constant morning sunbeams where he is now.

di and bob

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yes, I pray they all have everything they loved. The only thing they are waiting for is us. Bless all of you people for caring and loving so much. Our little angels are at peace now and all in their little spots of sun!