This Poor Cat

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

wendydelmo

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
oh, I know about how important it is that they go full term!  I'd never induce unless the vet determined she was in trouble, and she's not. She's just cranky and tired and pissed off and her daughter is making her CRAZY. 

any day now, Naomi.....

krissy marissy

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
They're coming. I promise. Believe it or not, sounds like things are moving along. She's uncomfortable and her hormones are raging lol. Does she have a place in her area that she feels is good to have the babies? I'm sure you're both at your wits end by now.

krissy marissy

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Did you notice that the babies had dropped at all? She's so big. Can't wait to see what she's hiding in there. [emoji]128516[/emoji]

wendydelmo

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
She has like 4 places to go. Right now, she's resting on the bed I slept on last night.  I was just sitting with her for a while and I noticed this happening on her tummy.  Someone PLEASE tell me that it's " ripples" and not babies moving, because wouldn't that mean she wasn't ready for delivery yet!

This was happening on and off for like 30 minutes.  

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
It looked like kittens moving to me - sorry. [emoji]128528[/emoji]

artiemom

Artie, my Angel; a part of my heart
Top Cat
Purraise
It looks like kittens moving to me.

I think true contractions would be a hard tummy. If you put your hand on the tummy you can feel it get hard. Kitten (baby) movement would be a soft belly and you can feel the movement underneath.===kind of like a "punch"...

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
My poor old computer won't play the videos smoothly enough for me to make a call on this one.  Poor Mama.  Poor you.  Heck, even I'm starting to get edgy over this one!

wendydelmo

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
We've had them for 2 1/2 weeks. Noami was noticeably pregnant, and I saw babies moving then. Honestly, I  thought  that she was ready to deliver, and her daughter was a few weeks less pregnant. Then BOO- Wynonna delivers with no warning- I walked into the cattery and hear a kitten meow and helped her with the 2nd two births.  Wy is a terrific momma- and I'll get some more pics of her darlings to show you later.  . 

If she's doesn't deliver tomorrow, I'm going to take her to the vet. At  least I can get an idea of how many kittens- that's what I'm worried about- if she goes into labor and I'm not here and there is a problem.

Right now, I think she's fine- not in any trouble- just crazy pregnant and grumpy as all hell. I shudder to think about how BIG she will get if she still has a week!

krissy marissy

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
If you noticed movement that long ago she shouldn't have more than a few days left. She does look really big.

Last edited:

Margret

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
That looks awfully rhythmic to be babies moving.  Hard to say from just a video.  When Sweet Thing went into labor she was lying on my lap, and it felt like she had hiccups, for what that's worth.  Nothing became visible until she really started pushing, which obviously isn't happening here, but Sweet Thing never got that big with her pregnancy.  Do you know how many kittens there are?

Margret

wendydelmo

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
no. No idea.  I can bring her to the vet for a check up, and they'd do an ultrasound. We;ll see what happens tomorrow.

wendydelmo

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Here's some photos of Wy's babies- and just because- I need to share my 3 loves- my personal cats-

and here are my 3 babies- 

Fudgie (grey male), Chubbie (Orange female) and Giddie  (Partie Male).  All foster failure who are winners in our house. 

Fudgie and Chubbie are siblings. We took on four 2 day old orphans who were thrown in a dumpster.  We successfully reared them all, but Chubbie claimed my husband as her own, and we had to keep her.  Fudgie was my son's baby- so we kept him, too.   Giddie came to us at 2 weeks old to raise (his mama died) and Fudgie decided he was the kittens Mom- he did everything but nurse him, and he would sit on my lap while I bottle fed Giddie! 

They are all 3 my loves.   I also have 3 small dogs, Pekingese- who all my cats were raised with, so they somewhat think they are dogs, as well.  We've done rescue for over 25 years- but took in our first cats 6 years ago.  I've never looked back! 

kittens mom

Kittens life was lost to a negligent veterinarian.
Top Cat
Purraise
I had a wretched old brood mare. Zute. as in naughty naughty Zute.

I could watch that mare day and night and know she was ready to pop. And sure enough if I got distracted for even a few minutes she would lay down and plop it out. In fact once I walked to the end of the shed row to talk to my niece and walked back. There she stood innocent as all get out looking out her stall door. Only a slight movement in the corner revealed the newly hatched foal.

Such were the days before foal cams.

A watched pot never boils. Well it will but it seems to take forever. And animals like privacy when giving birth. And do indeed seem to have at least some control over when.

wendydelmo

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
agreed!  I just want to kinda know when it's happening in case of a problem. I can already tell she's not like the others- she wont' want someone on her. 

Right now,  I'm popping in every hour or so, saying hey, then leaving.  I think she just wants to be left alone, so I am.  Poor thing.

kittens mom

Kittens life was lost to a negligent veterinarian.
Top Cat
Purraise

agreed!  I just want to kinda know when it's happening in case of a problem. I can already tell she's not like the others- she wont' want someone on her. 

Right now,  I'm popping in every hour or so, saying hey, then leaving.  I think she just wants to be left alone, so I am.  Poor thing.
I follow this thread because the idea of this lovely cat having kittens makes me happy. Yes I know the world doesn't need anymore but here they are.

if you keep doing this for other fosters you might consider a webcam that lets you check without checking. Like everyone else I am dying in anticipation for these babies first pictures

wendydelmo

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise

What toppings are your cats having on their pizza?
Anchovies, of course!   

No kittens this morning, but she wanted a bowl of food.  I may take her to the vet today to see how many kittens she's having!