This Poor Cat

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
I just found this thread, and I'm a little concerned.  No news yet? 

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

wendydelmo

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
No babies yet.  No "real" signs of labor, but it looks to me that she's a tiny bit smaller today.  AND she came over for some pets.  I'm checking her every 90 minutes or so. 

She still wants food.  I made another nest for her under a blanket for a safe dark place.  She's not looking like she' sin any pain. She's calmer today.  I did feel a bump under her hard belly    I have no ideas at all- and the shelter said I can bring her to the vet, but why? She s not in danger.   Just huge and pregnant and tired of it all.  I have a freind who is a psychic who saw a video I shared of her on dfacebook, adn she said, "she'll deliver on Friday- 5 kittens"-  if that happens, I be kinda freaked out. 

Also,Naomi's Daughter, Wynonna's kittens are 1 week 3 days old today.   3 boys and a girl. 

I'll be honest, I'm really anxious about this, but I have to remember that it on Nature's time- right?  

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Yes, pretty much. She doesn't sound distressed. Has she had any discharge at all?

wendydelmo

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
None that I can see. I keep checking beds, etc and when I pick her up (she lets me pick her up for a few minutes- it's weird) there is nothing there. She HATES havng her tummy touched, but likes face pets and neck scratches. 

I'm not going to "worry" until Saturday or so, and I will update!    

I just know she'll be that cat that eats a full meal,  meows once, and pops out a kitten, so I'll be the one person searching for every  little  clue and she'll do her own thing! 

coreyscats

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Just read this thread yowchh biggg lady haha my piper is tiny, I got her heavily pregnant never knew which day shed give birth. I took her butt temp every dinner time, and the day it dropped lower, I stayed home and that night she was meowing for strokes then discharge appeared and hey presto kittens were born late night early morning. Good luck with her. My bet is 6/7babys x

wendydelmo

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
See?  She looks a little smaller, right? 

she just ate 3/4 can of cat food- and would have eaten more if I had given it to her.   I'll check on her again before I go to bed. She can't go from this, no signs, to full fledged birth tonight, right? 

wendydelmo

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I just checked her and she was snoozing on a desk chair that she jumped up on. I don't anything will happen tonight!

wendydelmo

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I have the funniest video  of the sweet Momma waddling up to me this morning.  

BUT--- she did let me hold her in my lap and give her pets, and PET HER TUMMY for about 15 minutes this morning and she purred!   She only swiped at me later when she was startled by the wind. 

Maybe--- MAYBE this is the beginning?

She did beg for food and eat 1/2 a can, too.  So, maybe not?

wendydelmo

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I've never paid so much attention to a cats nether regions as I have with this  Mama. I was holding her- pettng her head, and my other hand supporting her body, and I realized that I felt 'sticky". I know she' s been having a hard time cleaning herself properly, (she just can't get around that belly) and  I know she had just peed a bit ago, but I did feel a little stick. I tried to feel more, but it upset  her. 

One day at a time, i guess! 

She still wants lots of food! 

misterwhiskers

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
This is the first thread I go to when I come to the forums. I sure hope she has her kittens soon! I have never seen a cat waddle. She is humungous!! [emoji]128563[/emoji]

ellag

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
i'm guessing 7 kittens! my foster had 5 kittens on 3/27 and we had no idea when she was due so i watched her closely. still no signs at all on delivery day of labor or losing her plug, no different behavior, nothing--i went to check on her about 1.5 hours after the last time and she didn't run to me which was very unusual. that's when i heard the squeaking of a newborn! she ignored my nice cozy nest in the closet and was under a table in the corner cleaning off baby #1. i was actually shocked that she had showed no signs whatsoever of going into labor and i felt bad that i wasn't there. lola was a stray and i don't think this was her first litter. she was just way too calm and cool. she never made a peep, just did her mommy duty superbly. i only let her eat 4 placentas though, she wasn't acting like she even wanted the last one and she seemed a bit tired by #5 so i cut that cord for her. good luck with your girl. i think you'll have babies by tomorrow--alot of them!

this is my brood:

i let her eat as much as she wanted. do you have dry food out all the time? i gave her 3, 3oz. cans of wet kitten food a day and free fed grain free dry. if your girl acts like she's starving, i'd up the amount of wet food...

Last edited:

wendydelmo

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
WOW.   That is exactly what I'm scared of. lol   I have to take my son to an event tonight  30 minutes away (each way) and i want to  Not go and stay home with her. lol

She's in the cattery with her daughter. she' s not liking her daughter so much now, but I have nowhere else to  put her, so  I made almost 2 rooms with  blankets.  the daughter delivered 4 kittens  almost 2 weeks ago.  

I leave dry down all the time, 2 big litter boxes, 2 fresh water bowls,  about 6 boxes laid out.  she wants a whole can to herself. I offer KMR but she's not interested. 

And I'm checking every hour or so, too. 

This waiting is awful, isn;t it? 

krissy marissy

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
The wait is awful! My Lizzy is 6 weeks along today and I feel myself getting anxious already. She's been eating me out of house and home for weeks! Thank you for keeping us updated. I check for news often lol.

wendydelmo

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Oh, As anxious as I am, i think she's even more anxious!  

This might be mean- but this was kinda funny.  Trying to clean herself. 

I felt like that when I was 42 weeks pregnant with my daughter. 

Last edited:

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Considering the size of your girl, and the fact that this may be a large litter, I'm glad you have KMR on hand just in case you have to do supplimental feedings.  Looks like you psychic friend is headed towards being right.

wendydelmo

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
yeah, I'll be so freaked out all day tomorrow! 

I have KMR, syringes, the whole kit- and maybe even a wet nurse!  I have her daughter, who has  nearly 2 week old kittens, just in case!

I just checked her and she was gobbling down the last of her dinner. Odd, she waited until i got home to finish (I was out, but had my husband stay home to cat sit)   I'm sure I'll get up in the night to check,a nd I'll be home ALL DAY tomorrow to watch her.