This Poor Cat

Margret

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

she's still panting and insisting on being with Wy nd the babies. I hd to move them. This can go on for hours, right???  :)
Yes, it can.  OTOH, it can be fairly fast.  A fast delivery is more likely if this isn't her first litter.  Do we have any idea how many kittens there are yet?  She will deliver each one individually, but once the first one comes the rest should be faster, as her cervix will already be fully dilated.  Also, once the first one comes she won't be caring about other kittens, only hers.

She's not pushing yet, right?  Once that starts it should be fairly quick.

Margret

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

wendydelmo

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Ive been through a lot of births, but never fron the very beginning. I don't think shes ready to push at all yet.

wendydelmo

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Its not...its her grandbabies! She wants to be her daughter and the 2 week old kittens....
so they are all in a baby pool together.

Last edited by a moderator:

wendydelmo

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Omg...she keeps stealing Wys kittens and trying to hide them! I don't see any more contractions.

wendydelmo

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise

Everyone is relaxing together.

Question: sbould i feel rythemic contractions? I feel like lots of bubbles, and she starts panting hard, the meowing....then she'll relax for a bit. Normal, right?

kittens mom

Kittens life was lost to a negligent veterinarian.
Top Cat
Purraise
I have seen this familial bond in the closely related cats we had here. It didn't seem to extend to cats that came in later.

Margret

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Bubbles?  Like burps?  And they come and go?  Could be contractions.  With Sweet Thing I thought her first contractions were hiccups.

I think the panting is a way of dealing with first stage contractions, before the need to push kicks in; at least that's the way women are trained to use breathing in Lamaze classes.

I doubt that she'll get confused.  Once she has her own kittens she'll know they're hers.  She and Wy may babysit for one another; this is common in feral colonies.

Margret

kittens mom

Top Cat
Purraise
Ok , you went dark and I'm going to take a bath. Sound up on puter. You scream if the babies start coming.   Please.

wendydelmo

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Will do. Everyone is resting now. Contrax coming and going. Itll be a long night, i think.

LotsOfFur

What greater gift than the love of a cat.
Top Cat
Purraise
Been following along... Anxiously awaiting babies with you! :hugs:

kittens mom

Top Cat
Purraise
I've had a lot of crap in my life the last 7 months. This just makes me feel good for a while.

raina21

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
wendydelmo wendydelmo

How can I see the live feed? Do I have to be friends with you on facebook?

I saw your other videos, but I'm not sure if you're still filming/doing a live feed?

wendydelmo

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
No babies yet. Shes up and down, peeing a lot, and now, diarrhea. I dont see contractions, but....i think its progressing slow and steady.

You do not have to be friends with me to see the feed, my page is public, but i wont go live again until shes really doing something.

She still wants to be with Wynonna and kittens.

wendydelmo

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I have no idea of what's happenong with this cat. She seems perfectly at ease. NO  noticable contractions at all. She's mothering the other kittens if they cry.  it's 3 am here, and I'm thinking I may go to bed for  few hours. I have a bed on the floor here.  Hw long is the 1st stage again? 

wendydelmo

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Everyone is sleeping soundly. I'm heading upstairs for a few hours sleep in a bed.  Be back at 6:30!

Last edited: