This Poor Cat

Margret

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

You know, it's sad that something meant to help black cats actually could end up that way.  As a side note, one of the ladies at Cathouse on the Kings told me that tri-colored cats are even harder to adopt out that black cats.  I sent her a copy of the little story I posted here about why tri-colored cats protect homes from fire, and she sent me a very nice email, saying that they may print that and use it as counter-propaganda.  I hope they do...or did.  That was a bit ago, before I found you guys.
Well, everything we do can have unintended consequences.  We can't take responsibility for everything, just do the best we can.

The other side of making black cats fashionable would be that people might think twice before harming them when they find them outdoors.  One of the reasons they do that is that they think no one cares about black cats.  I say we go with it.  Point out that black cats are slimming.  They aren't, of course, but "slimming" does translate to "fashionable," and if nothing else it might make people laugh at their own superstitions, which would be a very good thing.

Margret

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

wendydelmo

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I know for sure they are tak7ng 2 kittens. They are talking about Naomi. I like that they are thinking things through, but really thinking about it. They came again today to see everyone. I love this pic of them petting my girl.
Emma got so many head bonks from Naomi!

Emma wanted in the cage with Naomi

Naomi and my cat, Chubbie, both realized there was another cat in the room.

Kittens, being lazy on their own kitty couch.

kittens mom

Kittens life was lost to a negligent veterinarian.
Top Cat
Purraise
I'll miss my girl.   it's all about doing what's best for them.  oh, they want her and 2 of her kittens!
While I was so hoping you would keep her it was because she needed you. Your love and care has prepared her to accept someone. Best news for everyone.

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
I love that kitten couch! [emoji]128149[/emoji][emoji]128149[/emoji]

kntrygrl256

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Emma got so many head bonks from Naomi!

Emma wanted in the cage with Naomi

Naomi and my cat, Chubbie, both realized there was another cat in the room.

Kittens, being lazy on their own kitty couch.
I am so happy for everyone included, people and kitties. It definitely seems like Emma and Naomi have a soul mate connection. I really hope they will take her for their family. She seems very happy with Emma. You can see it on her face with Emma in the pen with her.

kittens mom

Top Cat
Purraise

I am so happy for everyone included, people and kitties. It definitely seems like Emma and Naomi have a soul mate connection. I really hope they will take her for their family. She seems very happy with Emma. You can see it on her face with Emma in the pen with her.
Makes me think she had a little girl once.

kittens mom

Top Cat
Purraise

Yeah I know. It does seem that way.
When we brought Little Mercy home it seems I could never quite hold her right. There was something she wanted that I wasn't doing.  At 4 months she had been returned for being aggressive. And yet obviously loved. They remember.

kntrygrl256

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise

When we brought Little Mercy home it seems I could never quite hold her right. There was something she wanted that I wasn't doing.  At 4 months she had been returned for being aggressive. And yet obviously loved. They remember.
You have done and amazing job with Mercy.

I really hope Emma's parents let her have Naomi. They seem to adore each other.

kittens mom

Top Cat
Purraise

You have done and amazing job with Mercy.

I really hope Emma's parents let her have Naomi. They seem to adore each other.
I really like they are taking the time to visit and decide. Not just impulse but thought out.

There was never anything wrong with Mercy that a good scrubbing and some decent food along with realizing she was freaking 4 months old. Much like there was never any reason for Naomi to become homeless and add to the excess kitten population had her original owners acted responsibly had had her spayed.

kntrygrl256

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise

I really like they are taking the time to visit and decide. Not just impulse but thought out.

There was never anything wrong with Mercy that a good scrubbing and some decent food along with realizing she was freaking 4 months old. Much like there was never any reason for Naomi to become homeless and add to the excess kitten population had her original owners acted responsibly had had her spayed.
Yeah. It's a shame that so many people don't understand the concept of spay/neuter. I know there is money involved but there are also places to get help in many places that can lower the cost.

The most precious thing I have found is when a cat or kitten finds their forever home. I'm glad people like @Wendydelmo  are out there to help in these situations. I am hoping to be one of those people soon too.

kittens mom

Top Cat
Purraise

Yeah. It's a shame that so many people don't understand the concept of spay/neuter. I know there is money involved but there are also places to get help in many places that can lower the cost.

The most precious thing I have found is when a cat or kitten finds their forever home. I'm glad people like @Wendydelmo  are out there to help in these situations. I am hoping to be one of those people soon too.
I had the papers for free spays and neuters for my neighbors. I could not fill them out myself. All they had to do was turn the paper in and it would have been 100% free. They still declined. Their grandkids loved playing with the kittens. Most of which died horrible untimely deaths. Meanwhile someone like the OP fosters and donates endless hours to clean up someone else's neglect.

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
@Wendydelmo   I know you are thrilled to have everyone placed, but I'd imagine that you also have a little tiny bit of a let down.  Kinda like the week after New Years, when life goes back to normal.  I'm so going to miss coming here every day and watching this amazing family in action!  Goddess bless you for all that you do!

That said, I'm perfectly sure that the next wild ride is just going to be starting for someone here, or someone who will get here, looking for help.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

wendydelmo

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
When do all the cats leave for their new homes?
I will still have kittens for a while! Wys babies go for surgery the 31st, I think. Parsy and Conway are being adopted by old friends who won't be able to get to the shelter in time, so those 2 will come home with me to recover. Conway will be with me until the babies have their surgery...an old college friend is taking the pair, and she lives 1.5 hours awsy. Merle and Hank are being adopted by a friend in New Hampshire (I'm in Connecticut) and she's coming to get them the day after their neuter. Patsy will spend and extra night with us until her family, more friends of mine from New York.

The babies go 6/18, I think, and Naomi & Wynonna will be with me a week 10 days later .. they cannot be spayed until their milk dries up.

Ill be sad when they go, but ill miss the mamas most.

Some pics from today:
Hank Williams at the Grand Old Kitten Opry. I was playing with cardboard boxes

Last edited:

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Aww ... The Grand Old Kitty Opry is so cute! What a clever idea!

You've got some time left with the family, but it will go fast! [emoji]128522[/emoji]

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Lots of family pics before they go!!!  OK...who next will have a huge litter for me to sigh over?  Kitten tails...I just love kitten tails!