This Poor Cat

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

wendydelmo

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
The final two kittens to be spoken for are Tanya and Crystal. Black cats are harder to find homes for!  I wonder if this will help? 

PS- Black cats ROCK!

rachbu

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise

The final two kittens to be spoken for are Tanya and Crystal.
Please tell me you're keeping Naomi!

I've been lurking on this thread for days.  It makes me happy!  I hope Naomi adopted YOU  

Last edited:

stewball

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
The final two kittens to be spoken for are Tanya and Crystal. Black cats are harder to find homes for!  I wonder if this will help? 

PS- Black cats ROCK!
Did you know it's the same for black dogs? I'd love a black Labrador.

Margret

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Did you know it's the same for black dogs? I'd love a black Labrador.
Really?  Now that does surprise me.  Except for the fact that they may not show up well in pictures I can't think of any reason why people would avoid black dogs; the only "black" superstition I know of is about black cats.  And black dogs are so gorgeous; I would expect dog lovers to be standing in line to adopt them.

Margret

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise

Really?  Now that does surprise me.  Except for the fact that they may not show up well in pictures I can't think of any reason why people would avoid black dogs; the only "black" superstition I know of is about black cats.  And black dogs are so gorgeous; I would expect dog lovers to be standing in line to adopt them.

Margret
There is something to the fact that they don't show as well in photos.  I know that one of the Animal Planet shows...possibly "Pitbulls and Parolees" mentioned that black dogs are hard to place because they don't show up well in photos online.

I think we should start a "Black cats are so slimming!" movement!  Although I adore tri-colored cats, I've had black cats in my childhood, and loved them with all my heart.

wendydelmo

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
YOU GUYS!!!!!  today was our kitten tea party--- and...

I think I have placed all 14 cats. 

yes, Naomi, too!

I'm so pleased and sad, all at the same time!

There is a family I have been speaking with for a few weeks now.  Keith, Kelli, and their two darling daughters, Emma, and Sami.

There were interested in  Freddy and Tanya- and indeed, they came in, met them and bonded with them.

I also had the Mamas in a large cage int eh living room, as I thought Wynonna's Momma was coming (but she ended up not being able to come ).

Young Emma was holding a kitten when she went up to Noami in the cage and said, OH MAMMA!  Look at this BEAUTIFUL kitty!  I think we need THIS KITTY, Mommy.!  We explained to her that she was both Freddy and Tanyas Mommy and she really wanted to see her, so I took Naomi out and let Emma pet her. 

Naomi leaned over from my lap and placed her head on that little girls shoulder. 

I almost fell over.   She was rubbing all over the little girl, almost straining to get to her. 

Emma was rubbing all over Naomi and they were having a love fest when someone closed a door and startled Naomi, so I put her back in the  cage.

My heart broke, and I smiled SO BIG.because  I think they found each other. 

They are coming back tomorrow with the Dad so he can meet the kittens and Naomi.  it just so happens that Naomi looks a lot like Baily, theire cat that passed a few years ago.

That would be so bittersweet, but so great for my girl!

I have a lot of stories to tell from today and lots of pics I'll post on facebook, but  oh, MY.  

I'll miss my girl.   it's all about doing what's best for them.  oh, they want her and 2 of her kittens!

Last edited:

Norachan

Staff Member
Purraise
Oh, that's WONDERFUL news! How nice for Freddy and Tanya to find a new home with their Mum. It will make it so much easier for them all to settle in.

Kind of sad for you to say goodbye to all of them, but I know you already have your Furever cats.

wendydelmo

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise

Oh, that's WONDERFUL news! How nice for Freddy and Tanya to find a new home with their Mum. It will make it so much easier for them all to settle in.

Kind of sad for you to say goodbye to all of them, but I know you already have your Furever cats.

Exactly!  I wasn't ever going to let Naomi go to the shelter, but this would be PERFECT! 

DreamerRose

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
This is so great, Wendy! I'm sad to see Naomi go, but it's a wonderful situation for her, especially after she bonded with the girl.

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
This is awesome news!!! [emoji]128149[/emoji][emoji]128149[/emoji][emoji]128149[/emoji][emoji]128149[/emoji][emoji]128062[/emoji][emoji]128062[/emoji][emoji]128062[/emoji]

misterwhiskers

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Congratulations!!!! Sounds like Naomi and the little girl have a real soul connection!!! Oh, my. *sniffs happily*. [emoji]10084[/emoji]️[emoji]10084[/emoji]️[emoji]10084[/emoji]️[emoji]10084[/emoji]️[emoji]10084[/emoji]️[emoji]10084[/emoji]️[emoji]10084[/emoji]️

wendydelmo

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Congratulations!!!! Sounds like Naomi and the little girl have a real soul connection!!! Oh, my. *sniffs happily*. [emoji]10084[/emoji]️[emoji]10084[/emoji]️[emoji]10084[/emoji]️[emoji]10084[/emoji]️[emoji]10084[/emoji]️[emoji]10084[/emoji]️[emoji]10084[/emoji]️
I hope so!  The Daddy is coming tomorrow to meet her, too- and he already sounds like he loves her

Margret

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

There is something to the fact that they don't show as well in photos.  I know that one of the Animal Planet shows...possibly "Pitbulls and Parolees" mentioned that black dogs are hard to place because they don't show up well in photos online.

I think we should start a "Black cats are so slimming!" movement!  Although I adore tri-colored cats, I've had black cats in my childhood, and loved them with all my heart.
For all that people talk about "the tortie stink eye" and "black cats are so silky to pet" and all the rest of it, we all know that all cats give the occasional (or frequent) stink eye, and all colors of cats can have silky soft fur.  Essentially, they're all beautiful, they all know that they're better than us, they're all lovable.  And it's utterly ridiculous (not to mention tragic) that people don't adopt them based on such a silly thing as color, so I agree that it's worthwhile to try to start some movement that points out the beauty of black cats.  My only question is whether we want people who are that hung up on color adopting.  I keep having nasty daydreams of people deciding to dye their white cats black because it's more fashionable.  I know, that would be stupid.  Unfortunately, I also know that there are people that stupid in the world.  We've seen it with pets dyed pink already.

Margret

Mamanyt1953

Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise

For all that people talk about "the tortie stink eye" and "black cats are so silky to pet" and all the rest of it, we all know that all cats give the occasional (or frequent) stink eye, and all colors of cats can have silky soft fur.  Essentially, they're all beautiful, they all know that they're better than us, they're all lovable.  And it's utterly ridiculous (not to mention tragic) that people don't adopt them based on such a silly thing as color, so I agree that it's worthwhile to try to start some movement that points out the beauty of black cats.  My only question is whether we want people who are that hung up on color adopting.  I keep having nasty daydreams of people deciding to dye their white cats black because it's more fashionable.  I know, that would be stupid.  Unfortunately, I also know that there are people that stupid in the world.  We've seen it with pets dyed pink already.

Margret
You know, it's sad that something meant to help black cats actually could end up that way.  As a side note, one of the ladies at Cathouse on the Kings told me that tri-colored cats are even harder to adopt out that black cats.  I sent her a copy of the little story I posted here about why tri-colored cats protect homes from fire, and she sent me a very nice email, saying that they may print that and use it as counter-propaganda.  I hope they do...or did.  That was a bit ago, before I found you guys.

Mamanyt1953

Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
oK...posting back to back here, but...I'm on pins and needles about Naomi...LET US KNOW IF THEY TAKE HER!!!!!