This Poor Cat

kittens mom

Kittens life was lost to a negligent veterinarian.
Top Cat
Purraise
My objection is the lack of information many vets share about adverse effects with their clients. We have a right to make an informed decision. Or at least know what to look for. If my current cat vet wanted to prescribe this drug I would likely trust her. When the vet I'm suing injected Kitten with enrofloxacin she never motioned what she was doing. She came back in the exam room and jabbed her in the leg.

An absolute rule for pet owners. Nothing should go into your pet without knowing what it is and what it's for and what the side effects or adverse effects can be.

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
kittens mom kittens mom

I agree! We all have a right to know regarding our human loved ones as well as our pets.

@SuzanneF!

That's really comforting to hear. Thank you! [emoji]128522[/emoji]

Last edited:

Margret

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

My objection is the lack of information many vets share about adverse effects with their clients. We have a right to make an informed decision. Or at least know what to look for. If my current cat vet wanted to prescribe this drug I would likely trust her. When the vet I'm suing injected Kitten with enrofloxacin she never motioned what she was doing. She came back in the exam room and jabbed her in the leg.

An absolute rule for pet owners. Nothing should go into your pet without knowing what it is and what it's for and what the side effects or adverse effects can be.
Not just our pets, us too.  One of the reasons (not the only one, and there are some very good ones) that they automatically put IVs in people who are hospitalized is that it's easy to inject a drug into the IV line, sometimes without asking permission first.  There have been cases of women in first stage labor being given drugs to make things move along faster (and more dangerously) because the doctor had a golf date he didn't want to miss!

Margret

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

wendydelmo

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
So, my own male cat, Mr. Fudgie, just threw up, the same looking stuff os Naomi- undigested food. They are kept COMPLETELY separate- as n the cattery is in the lower level, and my cats are not allowed down there. I wash my hands every time I come up, as well, just in case.  BUT, none of the other cats are  throwing up. 

Coincidence? 

Fudge is  large Tom who has never had a bad tummy before. I'll watch him closely.  I did give him and Naomi these Fancy Feast Broth  thingies- they all love it. hmmm  None of the other cats are ill. 

He just climbed into a bed with his "brother", Giddie. (Fudgie is the grey)

LotsOfFur

What greater gift than the love of a cat.
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh my gosh I want to smootch them both! [emoji]128536[/emoji][emoji]128062[/emoji]

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Huh.  Wonder if it was the Fancy Feast?  I suppose any food can cause a tummy upset.  I'm hoping you just found the cause.  That would be so easy...just don't give it any more.  Odd batch?  A puzzle.

artiemom

Artie, my Angel; a part of my heart
Top Cat
Purraise
Huh.  Wonder if it was the Fancy Feast?  I suppose any food can cause a tummy upset.  I'm hoping you just found the cause.  That would be so easy...just don't give it any more.  Odd batch?  A puzzle.

That is what I was thinking.

krissy marissy

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
My pregnant mom loved fancy feast, the gravy ones. But since she had the babies she won't touch all of the kitten ones I bought her. My other cat doesn't love it either. No idea why.

newkitties

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I just went through this entire thread and cried! Beautiful story and that big mama cat put mine to shame! I thought mine was big for how small of a cat she is.

misterwhiskers

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
So, my own male cat, Mr. Fudgie, just threw up, the same looking stuff os Naomi- undigested food. They are kept COMPLETELY separate- as n the cattery is in the lower level, and my cats are not allowed down there. I wash my hands every time I come up, as well, just in case.  BUT, none of the other cats are  throwing up. 

Coincidence? 

Fudge is  large Tom who has never had a bad tummy before. I'll watch him closely.  I did give him and Naomi these Fancy Feast Broth  thingies- they all love it. hmmm  None of the other cats are ill. 

He just climbed into a bed with his "brother", Giddie. (Fudgie is the grey)

Pretty sure I read an FDA report on the factory where Fancy Feast gravy cans are produced and there were lots of issues. They were cited. So yes, it very well could be the food.

Mt cat too has had Convenia, no problems.

Last edited:

stewball

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
What beautiful kitties, especially the black and white one.

Last edited by a moderator:
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter

wendydelmo

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Naomi is doing much better!  Every time I go downstairs, she's meowing for food, and I give it to her.   She's nursing, gaining weight, too.

I posted a video of the mamas and a pile of kttens this morning. 

The big kittens are eating food and using the litter tray.  A few of the smaller kittens wander over and try the food, too!

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Crud.  I really need to get my computer to the shop.  I need to download the latest flash player, and I did, but when I try to install, I get the Blue Screen of Death.  I get the same thing when I try to delete...SIGH...I'm afraid to attempt any downloads till I get this resolved.  I thought I could do it in April, but it looks like June will be it.

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
It's great to hear that Naomi is recovering so well! Glad the kittens are weaning and litter training also. They'll all be there soon! [emoji]128077[/emoji]

artiemom

Artie, my Angel; a part of my heart
Top Cat
Purraise
Good to hear that Naomi is feeling better..

Watching that Video, shows how sweet Wy is...she is an incredibly loving cat. You can see it in her face...

Naomi's eyes started squinting when Wy began washing her....