This Poor Cat

Margret

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm very glad to hear it.  Wynonna has captured all our hearts, with her care for Naomi.  She needs her very own forever home.

However, I give up.  What is the dog disguised as?  A dogjackicorn?  (Like a jackalope, except with a dog and unicorn.)  Or an Easter bunny dog who had an accident while trying to steal some kid's ice cream cone?

Margret

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

wendydelmo

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
That my Goob!  A rescued Peke who was bred fro greatness, however, he thought his talent was singing, loudly and proudly!  (He i sa LOUD little guy who loves to sing!)  He is our most flamboyant diva peke!

Here, he is showing off his rainbow cape, while rocking his unicorn horn- because unidogs are of course, FABULOUS. 

Margret

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
He really is adorable.

We used to have a basenji.  You may be aware that they're the only domesticated dog that's unable to bark.  But this one (and yes, he was a purebred basenji -- his original owners had wanted to show him and perhaps breed him, before he began chewing the furniture) actually learned how to bark, from our other two dogs!  It wasn't a very good bark, rather hoarse sounding, but still a recognizable bark.

Margret

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
What is it about nursing kitten's tails?  They're just so...cute.  Little wedges, too short for their bodies at this age.  Like a funny little afterthought.  Later, they get long and rather elegant, but now, just...cute as all get-out!  When they're laid out on their bellehs, all nestled up with mama, and their little tails...OH SQUEEEEE...I am SUCH a fool for kittens!  Everything about them entrances me.  And this batch is so very adorable!

Margret

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
so cute..how old r yr kittens.. I haven't read the full tread... so thats y don't know...
Okay, since you haven't read the entire thread yet, here's the gist of it.  @Wendydelmo has been fostering two cats, Naomi and Wynonna.  Naomi is Wynonna's mother, and when Wendy began fostering them (I think; I'm sure someone will correct me if I'm wrong) Wynonna had 4 newborn kittens with her (either that or they were born shortly after Wendy took them in).  Naomi, on the other hand, was very pregnant, as in HUGE!   There were some anxious days waiting for Naomi's kittens to be born, especially after Naomi apparently went into first stage labor which did not progress to second stage.  After that stopped, Naomi went into serious labor the next day, which was about three and a half weeks ago.  She gave birth to eight adorable kittens, with the entire thing "televised" via a live feed on Wendy's FaceBook page.  Wynonna served as Naomi's midwife during this process.  From the time labor came close, Naomi kept stealing Wynonna's kittens and attempting to nurse them.  After the birth, Wynonna started stealing Naomi's new kittens to nurse.  Wendy was doing her best to keep the newborns restricted to nursing from Naomi for the first couple of days so that they would all get the colostrum, which was difficult since the two mothers were cooperating with each other and not Wendy.  Once the first couple of days were past, they seriously went over to shared nursing responsibility, which is very good because eight kittens is really too many for one mother.  The four older kittens have been encouraged to begin eating some canned food mixed with KMR, which takes some of the weight off.  Oh yes, and about 36 hours after the eighth kitten was born, Wendy found a ninth kitten, dead and apparently licked clean by the two mothers in an attempt to revive it.  We don't know for sure, but we assume that the ninth was stillborn.  All twelve of the surviving kittens have been named for country and western singers.

And I still suggest that you read the whole thread to get a feeling for the anxiety and excitement all of this has caused, not to mention for all of the pictures and videos that Wendy has posted.

Margret

snowballmomy

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Okay, since you haven't read the entire thread yet, here's the gist of it.  @Wendydelmo
has been fostering two cats, Naomi and Wynonna.  Naomi is Wynonna's mother, and when Wendy began fostering them (I think; I'm sure someone will correct me if I'm wrong) Wynonna had 4 newborn kittens with her (either that or they were born shortly after Wendy took them in).  Naomi, on the other hand, was very pregnant, as in HUGE!  There were some anxious days waiting for Naomi's kittens to be born, especially after Naomi apparently went into first stage labor which did not progress to second stage.  After that stopped, Naomi went into serious labor the next day, which was about three and a half weeks ago.  She gave birth to eight adorable kittens, with the entire thing "televised" via a live feed on Wendy's FaceBook page.  Wynonna served as Naomi's midwife during this process.  From the time labor came close, Naomi kept stealing Wynonna's kittens and attempting to nurse them.  After the birth, Wynonna started stealing Naomi's new kittens to nurse.  Wendy was doing her best to keep the newborns restricted to nursing from Naomi for the first couple of days so that they would all get the colostrum, which was difficult since the two mothers were cooperating with each other and not Wendy.  Once the first couple of days were past, they seriously went over to shared nursing responsibility, which is very good because eight kittens is really too many for one mother.  The four older kittens have been encouraged to begin eating some canned food mixed with KMR, which takes some of the weight off.  Oh yes, and about 36 hours after the eighth kitten was born, Wendy found a ninth kitten, dead and apparently licked clean by the two mothers in an attempt to revive it.  We don't know for sure, but we assume that the ninth was stillborn.  All twelve of the surviving kittens have been named for country and western singers.

And I still suggest that you read the whole thread to get a feeling for the anxiety and excitement all of this has caused, not to mention for all of the pictures and videos that Wendy has posted.

Margret
wow I read the story... amazing... welldone wendy...

wendydelmo

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
That's pretty much it!  Except, Wynonna delivered here- (and I thought she'd deliver AFTER Naomi, and  Naomi had a health crisis last weekend that sent me into a tizzy, but she's fine now.

Wow, Those were some ANXIOUS days! 

Now we have 2 healthy, exhausted Mama kitties who co-mother the 12 babies. Wynonna and her 4 kittens have been placed- to go to their forever home when they are ready - Wy gets to stay with one of her kittens-  2 of Naomi's kittens have been spoken for- and Naomi, well, let's just say I am waiting to intorduce her ot my own 3 cats before we know where she'll be placed. :)

We are up to our EARS in kittens- and hey are all getting to the playful fun stage!   In fact, we're litter training right now, and THIS is what my cattery looks like" 

jennyr

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It was such a dramatic, heart-warming story and everyone has done so well. Congratulations all round.

wendydelmo

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise

That's wonderful!  I love that picture! 
Doesn't she look just totally over it?  lol Poor girl. and Wynonna was sitting  about 2 feet away from her, grooming.- wanting no part of it