This Poor Cat

Margret

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I knew they could be male on rare occasion, but that's new to me!
Something similar happens in humans occasionally, a baby is born with two X's and a Y.  It can be very confusing, as if people didn't already have enough to confuse them, and some people believe, incorrectly, that it means the person with the unusual chromosomes will be some kind of sociopath.

Margret

Margret

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
What's an AP account?
Well, that depends.  It's either an Animal Planet account or an Associated Press account, and I believe that none of us has either of those.  Or else it's something totally different and I don't understand the question.

Margret

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

wendydelmo

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
That may be a bit of a regional reference...Southern girls all know about Mole asses (Molasses, the sweetener)
And I have a female ginger. She's predang! I'm a transplanted Texan, and I missed it. But it was funny, now that you explained it. Lol

wendydelmo

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I went down to check the cats and take some pics. Seems like Wynonna is stealing kittens now! 3 in Naomi's box 9 in Wynonnas.

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
I don't think it's good that they keep getting picked up and moved. Wy obviously feels they need caring for!

Perhaps they all need to be in one big box together, if you can make sure all are getting enough milk.

wendydelmo

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I don't think it's good that they keep getting picked up and moved. Wy obviously feels they need caring for!

Perhaps they all need to be in one big box together, if you can make sure all are getting enough milk.
I was thinking the same thing. Naomi is in a bigger box, and I tried moving all the kittens into there, but Naomi just jumped back into her. I'm going to see what happens when I go out this evening- if she moves them again, I will  just bring back in t big pool, take out the boxes and set up the big pool as the place for them and then see what happens. I'm supplementing  a few of them regardless.

wendydelmo

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise

stewball

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Poor baby! We took in a cat very similar last year.

My question...
How big is momma? Is she petite or average size?

Our momma is petite...7.5 lbs now as a healthy girl. She had 6 babies (including 2 sets of twins...they shared sacks) who are now 8 months old.
That is so interesting. I don't suppose you have pictures of them?

stewball

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have the funniest video  of the sweet Momma waddling up to me this morning.  

BUT--- she did let me hold her in my lap and give her pets, and PET HER TUMMY for about 15 minutes this morning and she purred!   She only swiped at me later when she was startled by the wind. 

Maybe--- MAYBE this is the beginning?

She did beg for food and eat 1/2 a can, too.  So, maybe not?
Just found this thread. Poor baby. Lovely video.

stewball

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm going crazy, too!  She's totally fine today.  Just still pregnant!  She goes to the Vet tomorrow at 2;30.   I'm hoping that it will be like children- if you make a Dr appointment, they will get better or in her case, give birth. 

I'll take a few more pics of her tonight, so you can  stare in AWE of her massive belly. Watch the ultrasound show like 4 kittens. lol 

I did start a kitten shower for the shelter because we're awash in  pregnant mamas and babies- and I used one of Tilly's babies as the kitten in the advert;  (Tilly was the Mama before Naomi and Wy that I fostered) 

Whatever will i do if she has 8 kittens in there?? lol 
She may just have 4 large kitties in there. Is that a possibility?

Norachan

Staff Member
Purraise
I've been following this thread since the beginning but I haven't posted before. I just wanted to say congratulations on such a huge and beautiful litter. It's really sweet that mother and daughter help each other that way.

Love the country themed names too.

stewball

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Just read this thread from beginning to end. Animals are marvellous. It's shame humans don't learn from animals.
Lovely thread.I can't see you're online as I don't have Facebook.
Congratulations.

hellomisskitty

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I too have been following this wonderful, heartwarming journey of Naomi and Wynonna. I am in love with those two mommas...and their babies!
This is the kind of story that just makes you feel good inside and I hope and pray that Naomi and Wynonna can stay together. "Bonded" is and understatement when talking about these two.
There is a website www.lovemeow.com which has all kinds of inspirational and heartwarming stories of cats which are submitted by anyone. It might be a great venue to share this amazing story: [email protected] is the email address I found on the website that might be able to assist with a story submission.
I agree with everyone else that this story of feline love and support needs to get out there!! I have seen stories go viral after seeing it on lovemeow.com....

wendydelmo

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Sad news. And graphic photo.
Naomi delivered another kitten tonight after 8:00 pm. It died.

It was sweet. Perfectly groomed. And a little warm when I got home. Im feeling terrible because it was like 36 hours after the last birth. She showed NO signs of having more kittens. She looked fine. So, i went out for dinner, and we came home to the 9th kitten, dead, hidden between the boxes.
I am gutted. Will be calling the vet in the morning.