This Poor Cat

jenny37

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I agree that this is a story that so many people would love to see. It shows the bond that cats form with their trusted people and each other. I am fascinated by these 2 "co parenting".
I have been reading as much as I can on this site bc I am shamefully guilty of not getting my female (indoor only..but somehow got out) spayed in time...she is due any day now with her 1st and only litter. I plan to spay her and her kittens when they are big enough. I have fostered for years and cannot believe MY cat got pregnant bc of my negligence:(((
I did send you a friend request on fb bc I have enjoyed watching the videos and would like to share them if that's ok?
Also, is there a way to donate supplies or money to help out with this "country gang"?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

wendydelmo

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I agree that this is a story that so many people would love to see. It shows the bond that cats form with their trusted people and each other. I am fascinated by these 2 "co parenting".
I have been reading as much as I can on this site bc I am shamefully guilty of not getting my female (indoor only..but somehow got out) spayed in time...she is due any day now with her 1st and only litter. I plan to spay her and her kittens when they are big enough. I have fostered for years and cannot believe MY cat got pregnant bc of my negligence:(((
I did send you a friend request on fb bc I have enjoyed watching the videos and would like to share them if that's ok?
Also, is there a way to donate supplies or money to help out with this "country gang"?
Thank you! 

I'm going to work on editing that video

Ther are links on ways to help support the shelter on my online kitten shower.   I have to say, I'm affiliated wiht the BEST shelter. They are so kind- and very supportive. 

http://waitsover.com/pitter-patter-little-paws-kitten-shower/

I'm just friending everyone.

Margret

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
1 and 8 are definitely boys.  I think 3 is as well, but not sure; I'm not very good at this, either.  And, yes, I believe the rest are girls.  It will be easier to tell as they get older, and the vet should know when they go in for their first vaccinations.  For that matter, there's almost certainly someone on the site who can give you better information than I can.

Once again, calicos are by definition female.  It requires two X chromosomes to produce that coloration.  This means that you have them as a reference that you can refer to when trying to sex the others.

Margret

rescuedfamily

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
1 and 8 are definitely boys.  I think 3 is as well, but not sure; I'm not very good at this, either.  And, yes, I believe the rest are girls.  It will be easier to tell as they get older, and the vet should know when they go in for their first vaccinations.  For that matter, there's almost certainly someone on the site who can give you better information than I can.

Once again, calicos are by definition female.  It requires two X chromosomes to produce that coloration.  This means that you have them as a reference that you can refer to when trying to sex the others.

Margret
It is possible to have male Calico and Tortis but it is highly unlikely (less than 1%) because as you mentioned they need to have 2 X chromosomes. Usually thsee males are sterile and can have other health issues.

wendydelmo

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I sent thte pic to the shelter so  they agree- 1, 3, 8 are boys, teh rest girls. Now I can name them!   I have  3 boys and agirl in Wy's litter- so now, on to the Country names! 

WHOO HOO! 

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
One, three and eight male and the rest female, although I'm not entirely sure about #3.  However, MOST ginger cats are male, so we'll go with that.  Now, stop violating those kittens
Actually, the only thing sweeter than kitten asses is MOLE ASSES!  ~scampers off, snickering wildly~

wendydelmo

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise

Hermaphrodite

It is possible to have male Calico and Tortis but it is highly unlikely (less than 1%) because as you mentioned they need to have 2 X chromosomes. Usually thsee males are sterile and can have other health issues.
a few litters ago, I think 2 years ago (foster litters, that is) I had a hermaphrodite calico!  I had a very good freind who wanted a calico, and she adopted her. When the cat whent for a spay, she also had to be neutered!   She's fine now! lol 

rescuedfamily

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
We had one almost exactly like that at the Humane Society that I work at about a year and a half ago (back end of 2014 kitten season) except the external genitalia were that of a male. He was a single cryptorchid (one testicle didn't drop) so they went in and saw that he had female genitalia as well!

wendydelmo

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
One, three and eight male and the rest female, although I'm not entirely sure about #3.  However, MOST ginger cats are male, so we'll go with that.  Now, stop violating those kittens :flail: Actually, the only thing sweeter than kitten asses is MOLE ASSES!  ~scampers off, snickering wildly~
I dont believe I have ever seen a mole ass, so I'll take your word for it. Lol

bubblzmay

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I have a question. How many grams are in an ounce? Our littlest is not gaining what I'd like and is 4 days old and only 4 oz. Thanks!