This is going to be one for the books! Transitioning Lucky, Bugsy and Hope to Raw.... Challenges Gal

carolina

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thank you!!! 2.5 more ounces and he hits a 4lb loss!!! Maybe we do it this week? :clap::clap::clap::clap: :beerpals::party4:

Last edited:

carolina

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
That would be EXCITING! :clap::clap::clap:
I was looking at the photos of Hope and realized I could post pictures of your babies here too :p
Yes you could!!! I would love to see them big :D

And you do get most of the credit for these 5 oz loss from Bugsy - so thank you :rub:

carolina

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
AHHHH! So Minka's responsible for keeping Bugsy on track! :lol3: :D
She is!!! She had him jumping all over the place I hear, with Da Bird! :clap::clap::clap::clap::clap: She made Da Cat hunt Da Bird :clap::clap::clap::clap::clap:

feralvr

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
She is!!! She had him jumping all over the place I hear, with Da Bird! :clap::clap::clap::clap::clap: She made Da Cat hunt Da Bird :clap::clap::clap::clap::clap:
GREAT JOB, MINKA!!!!!! :clap::clap: Carolina, I am so glad that everything is going so well AND that our little goat is losing some more ounces. Your doing such a wonderful job keeping your babies so healthy and on track. :hugs: :hugs: :hugs:

p.s. I am all for seeing some more pictures too :pix:

minka

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yes you could!!! I would love to see them big :D

And you do get most of the credit for these 5 oz loss from Bugsy - so thank you :rub:
Aww.. you're welcome. :) I would love to do it again :)

Here you goooooo
This is Bugsy in 'rug mode' :p
And then one of Grim for good measure :)

carolina

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Aww.. you're welcome. :) I would love to do it again :)

Ohhhhh Grim is so handsome!!! :love:
Minka! I thought you couldn't petsit again! why didn't you tell me? I would LOVE to have you come again! :clap::clap::clap::clap::clap:
I will talk to you about my schedule and see what you can do - I rather have you do it, OF COURSE :heart3:

HOW CUTE is this?

carolina

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Wow, I can't believe it's been a year since this journey started! :thud:
Well..... It will be a year in a few days, but there is a HUGE milestone today, so I decided to post the one year anniversary post a bit early.
We came VERY far in one year.....

Who remembers Lucky's Treats?
I used to roll them up and offer them with every meal..... My goodness! How much work took to transition Lucky out of free-fed Purina to EVO, to timed meals, to raw :thud:
She used to throw up almost daily, have huge issues with hairballs - even had a hairball blockage that put her off food and on force/syringe-feeding for about a week.....
Her transition to raw was not easy and full of ups and downs.... She can't digest bones, and got quite sick from it. For a long time she would go back and forth from raw to kibbles, because she would start throwing up..... But little by little her system started adjusting, the vomiting stopped, and today she is a GREAT carnivore!
She no longer has problems with hairballs - in fact, I think she has had one since she started on raw.
She LOVES raw, and is the one who wakes me up every day for breakfast! She eats large chunks of meats just like Bugsy and Hope, even though for a long time she didn't know how to chew...... She had to learn everything, but sure enough she did and I am proud everyday of this little girl! :clap::clap::clap:

And then there is Bugsy...... WOW!!!!!!
What can I say!....... Everyone who followed this thread probably remembers this day:

Poop-o-meter report
:hyper::hyper:
Extra extra!!!
:hyper::hyper:
:thud:

Bugsy had 100% PERFECT - SOLID - DIVIDED - IN PIECES - NORMAL POOP
:thud:
As I said............ cement :thud:
After 14 months of daily diarrhea, of trying everything under the sun........ Bugsy had the first completey solid, 100% firm, normal poop - that was on day 8 of his transition, and day ONE of eating 100% raw :thud:
And after this we never looked back - he is doing GREAT ever since! He has more energy, plays more, his digestion is superb, is completely off meds, his stomatitis is under control without meds, and I am sure he will have a much happier and longer life because of raw. :clap::clap::clap:

When he started this journey, he weighed 20lbs and 8oz. Today he weighs 16lbs and 4oz :woohoo:
I know it is not as big of a weight loss as some would expect, but for us it is a HUGE one. He is everywhere. Bugsy is jumping on the top of the fridge, on the top of the shelves, running up and down the cat tree at full speed...... He is literally everywhere!

And most importantly, as of now................... and here is today's milestone.......

He can clean his BUTT

This was a MAJOR goal for me! :clap::clap::clap::clap: I am just SO happy! :woohoo: :woohoo:

Last but not least there is Hope....... Not much to say about Hope - she was the easiest transition, I think, and the first one to become a carnivore.
She does become finicky from time to time, but is doing GREAT as a meat eater.

Lucky was 12lbs and 1.5oz, today she is 10lbs and 9.5oz
Hope was 12lbs 14.5oz, today she is 11lbs and 8oz.

Thank you everyone for being part of this incredible journey, and for those who are thinking about raw, but haven't yet transitioned to it............ well........ Just do it! :bigthumb:

Last edited:

mrsgreenjeens

Every Life Should Have Nine Cats
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Well....this is all great, but don't we get to see some PICTURES  of this svelte new body of his
.  I want proof

Seriously, I DO remember those things you talked about, and I am so happy for you and your little fur balls!  I can hardly believe it's been almost a year.  Wow.  Now let's hope McCreamy transitions to raw easily, and that his integration doesn't disrupt Hope and make her get all finicky again

gloriajh

FERAl born “Pepper”
Top Cat
Purraise
I rejoice with you!  You have been well rewarded for all your hard work - happy and healthy cats - and what a great testimony of love!

g

carolina

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thank you so much you guys :hugs: :hugs: :hugs:

Quick update - just on Bugsy's weight :scale:

He had a bit of a weight loss this week, and is veeeeeery close from his weight goal his vet gave him - he is now 16lbs 1.5oz. His goal is 16lbs :clap::clap::clap:

ldg

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
:woohoo: Carolina, that is just fabulous news!!!!

So.... when he hits 16 pounds, does his weight goal get re-evaluated? When is he due to see Dr. E next? He'll probably want to do back flips! :lol3:

carolina

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
:woohoo: Carolina, that is just fabulous news!!!!
So.... when he hits 16 pounds, does his weight goal get re-evaluated? When is he due to see Dr. E next? He'll probably want to do back flips! :lol3:
Thank you :clap::clap::clap::clap:
So exciting!!!! Yes! He is due to see Dr. E very soon, to check his teeth. It's been a year since his last dental, and about 10 months or so since we stopped his stomatitis treatment..... It is time to make a decision if he needs another dental or not. I think he doesn't :cross: I can't see any signs of inflammation - just a slightly pink line, but nothing worst than what it was when we were last there :nod:
I hope :cross: We can skip it - no anesthesia, no going under, no trauma!! :clap::clap::clap:

I think Dr. E will be SUPER HAPPY :woohoo: But I do think we can go further. The difference is amazing - nothing stops Bugsy now - the boy is everywhere :hyper:
IMHO we can shoot for 14lbs. I think for now we dodged the major health risks - from now on we are on the "bonus" stages :nod: :clap::clap::clap:

Last edited: