This is going to be one for the books! Transitioning Lucky, Bugsy and Hope to Raw.... Challenges Gal

mrsgreenjeens

Every Life Should Have Nine Cats
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Well, I'm guessing it's worth the cost to find out he DOESN't have it

carolina

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Well, I'm guessing it's worth the cost to find out he DOESN't have it :rub:
Yeah, Bugsy is getting older..... His vet thinks it is a good idea to do a baseline for him now and watch for signs of trouble every year :nod: I think it is a good plan...... It is not something you want to pay with :nono:

minka

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh, Carolina, I'm so happy the stomatitis is gone! That's such great news. And his weight loss too. Awesome job :)

I'm not sure what HCM is but I hope it STAYS AWAY. *nods* :)

I need to get Grim microchipped eventually. At least.. I don't think it was done by the shelter..

feralvr

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
HELLO there, friend!! :hugs: So lots of reading to catch up on. So glad that Dr. E. gave Bugs a good report. Keeping my fingers and toes crossed for a good baseline on him and I am certain you watch for any "trouble" that may come his way ALL the time. :D :clap::clap: Let's hope for none. :nod:

SOOOOOOOOOOOO.... thinking of you and the babies. I was glad to hear from you that your move went fairly well and some freaking out was to be expected. :lol3: How are things going now!!!??? :cross: :vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes: AND loads of :hugs: :hugs: :hugs: :hugs: :hugs: :hugs: :wavey:

carolina

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Just quick follow up on Bugsy's weight :scale:
He now weighs in at 15lbs and 7.5oz :clap:
He has a very defined waist, and is feeling very sassy! :clap:

feralvr

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Just quick follow up on Bugsy's weight :scale:
He now weighs in at 15lbs and 7.5oz :clap:
He has a very defined waist, and is feeling very sassy! :clap:
WAY TO GO, Carolina!!! YAY for our "little goat". btw, I am still waiting for that video of him running around and NOW since he is so fit and sassy, :wait:

carolina

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Time to update some weights here :scale:

Bugsy is now 14lbs and 15 oz :woohoo: Almost there! :clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap:
He has a VERY defined waist and looks like superman!

Lucky is skinnymini at 9lbs and 10 oz.

I called Dr. Escobedo today because they are now losing quite a bit more weight, and I wanted to make sure Lucky is not too skinny.......... Of course he said what I was expecting - Cats are supposed to be LEAN :doh3:
"Carolina, if you think you have a problem, you have a good problem!" Lucky's weight is great, and when I told him how she looks and how she is behaving - jumping and running all over the place - he said THAT is how she is supposed to be. Do not increase her diet. Do not increase Bugsy's diet. They are losing more weight now as they are more active in the backyard and that is awesome - being lean will lead to much longer and healthier lives :nod:

So momma is happy :clap::clap::clap::clap:

The backyard was the best addition to their lives :bigthumb:
They now just go outside on their own (when I am home). I feed them in the morning, inspect the yard to make sure the fence is intact, including the tree guards, and let them out. I check on them periodically.... They LOVE it! Are getting lots of exercise running after butterflies and little bugs, and even leafs :lol3:
They are a mess - come home all dirty, dusty and full of seeds :lol3:, but so so happy!
I think in a couple of months, or who knows - even before, Bugsy will reach his 14lbs target!! :clap::clap::clap:

Last edited:

txcatmom

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Aww, I love how happy and healthy the yard is making them!  Great news! 

ETA:  Something I have been curious about....Did you have to get permission from anyone, neighbors or anything, to put up the cat fencing?  I'd assume it is visible to neighbors.  Did anyone object?  We may move to FL in the near future.  Depending on the circumstances, the cat fencing is something we may consider.

Last edited:

ldg

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
:woohoo: I WANT A FENCED IN CAT YARD!

Carolina - that is GREAT! I'm so happy for you and the kitties. And jealous! I see how happy the ferals are, running, playing, chasing everything, scratching on trees.... :heart2:

carolina

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Aww, I love how happy and healthy the yard is making them!  Great news! 

ETA:  Something I have been curious about....Did you have to get permission from anyone, neighbors or anything, to put up the cat fencing?  I'd assume it is visible to neighbors.  Did anyone object?  We may move to FL in the near future.  Depending on the circumstances, the cat fencing is something we may consider.
Nope, I didn't get permission from anyone. I should probably told my neighbors about it, but I didn't know them :dk:
One of my neighbors asked what we were doing and the fence co. told him - he said " great! I have a dog and the last thing I want is my dog to harm her cats. As long as it doesn't damages my fence, I am ok with it" :heart3:
The neighbor on the left never said a peep, and the one on the back doesn't matter as we both have fences and the cat fence goes on mine. While it is visible it is quite discrete - you need to get close to see it - the screen is black and it doesn't show much. It folds into your side of the yard too :nod:
I had no problems with the neighbors and I don't see how it would be a problem either - it is not an invasive fence into the neighbors....

Carolina - that is GREAT! I'm so happy for you and the kitties. And jealous! I see how happy the ferals are, running, playing, chasing everything, scratching on trees.... :heart2:
:hugs: :heart3: :hugs: :heart3: :hugs: :heart3: :hugs: :heart3: :hugs: :heart3: :hugs: :heart3: :hugs: :heart3: :hugs: :heart3: :hugs: :heart3:

Last edited:

feralvr

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise

OH HOW I can second what Laurie says here!! AND am thrilled to the bone to hear how wonderful your kitties are doing "inside and out" :lol3: Great news about Bugsy too. WOW, Carolina, GOOD GOOD JOB on getting our little goat down in weight. Really, pretty impressive!!! :clap::clap::clap::clap::clap:

vball91

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I FINALLY finished reading this thread. Thanks Carolina! It was educational, inspirational and hysterically funny all at once. You have a great sense of humor. It's great reading for anyone going through a raw transition. Bugsy's progress has been just amazing. I'm glad all your furbabies are doing so well on raw.

My Aria could be in that slow eating contest against your Bugsy and Feralvr's Pipsqueak. She is the slowest eater in the world. Her routine is sniff, sniff, sniff, lick, lick, lick, chew, chew, chew, look up and contemplate the world, lick, lick, lick, chew, chew, chew, oooh, what was that noise?, lick, lick, lick, chew, chew, chew, wander away, start grooming, oooh, look, my food followed me, lick, lick, lick, chew, chew, chew. And she's picky to boot. My princess sure keeps me on my toes.

ldg

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I know, Carolina is hysterical. :lol3:

Big, big lessons in this thread? Patience, persistence, and creativity!

As to your Aria, with our Flowerbelle, I call it "eating ADD." :rolleyes: :lol3:

carolina

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Wow vball! :thud: I really don't expect anyone to read this thread anymore.... It's Sooooo loooooong! Even I don't have the patience to search for posts in it :doh3:
My hats are off to you! :worship:

Aaaaanyways....... Bugsy lost another 3.5oz :woohoo:
He is now 14lbs 11.5oz, for a total loss of 6lbs 4.5oz since we started raw :clap: :clap: :clap:
that's almost a third of his original body weight, or 1/2 of his current weight.... It's a whole lotta weight for a cat!
He is doing wonderful, and getting in all sorts of trouble! I think he thinks now he is skinny and sassy he actually grew a magical "pair" because all of the sudden he has the "man of the house syndrome" :flail:
Poor boy, if he only knew the truth about that pair :spit:

Last edited:

carolina

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Another 6oz gone for Bugsy :woohoo:
He is now 14lbs 5.5oz :clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap:

Go Bugsy go! :clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap: