This is going to be one for the books! Transitioning Lucky, Bugsy and Hope to Raw.... Challenges Gal

carolina

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
:woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: GO BUGSY, GO BUGSY! :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:
Carolina - GREAT job! I know it's not as fast as you wanted, but given how much you travel - this is really fabulous! :D :D :D
Thank you! :hugs:
Yes, it has been painfully slowly, but nonetheless, he has lost 3 lbs :clap: :clap: :clap:
My first goal was to get him healthy- and we got that! Of course losing these extra lbs are part of a healthierlife style, as I do want to prevent diabetes, arthritis, the huge risk of fatty liver he has... I want my boy to have a healthier life, for many many many years!
Iguess as long as we go in the right direction, right? We can go at his slow pace..... Although..... He hasn't noticed, but he is eating less haha! :cool:

feralvr

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Happy to see your update!!! AND such a GREAT update it is. I think you have done a great job with getting Bugs down a few pounds, REALLY GOOD!!! :nod: I hope that the new supplements and the low dose pred will help with his allergies as I am sure they will. So happy to hear that the girls are doing so well also. OH HAPPY DAY!!!!!!!! :lol3: :happy3: :clap: :bigthumb: Pets Best is no longer on your speed dial, AY???!!! :clap::clap::clap::clap::clap:

Last edited:

feralvr

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
:lol3::lol3::lol3::lol3: They must be wondering if I moved out of the country! :lol3::lol3::lol3::lol3:
So awesome!! :clap::clap::clap::clap:
:lol2: Maybe they miss you??? :not: You are saving THEM money by feeding Bugsy raw. :lol3: I am just so incredibly happy for you, hun, that Bugsy has done so well on raw. :D :clap::clap::clap: :rub: Give that little goat a BIG GIANT :kiss: from me when you get home, that is. :hugs: :hugs:

carolina

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
:lol2: Maybe they miss you??? :not: You are saving THEM money by feeding Bugsy raw. :lol3: I am just so incredibly happy for you, hun, that Bugsy has done so well on raw. :D :clap::clap::clap: :rub: Give that little goat a BIG GIANT :kiss: from me when you get home, that is. :hugs: :hugs:
:flail: not for long :flail: guess what I found out! They don't cover dentals..... But they DO cover resorptive lesions! And guess who has resorptive lesions? lucky! I wonder if they cover stomatitis :think:

Last edited:

feralvr

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
:flail: not for long :flail: guess what I found out! They don't cover dentals..... But they DO cover resorptive lesions! And guess who has resorptive lesions? lucky! I wonder if they cover stomatitis :think:
AWWW Lucky :rub: :vibes::vibes::vibes: Well, good to know this about Pets Best that they cover medical care for those lesions. :bigthumb:

carolina

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
AWWW Lucky :rub: :vibes::vibes::vibes: Well, good to know this about Pets Best that they cover medical care for those lesions. :bigthumb:
Too bad I didn't know at the time..... Spent a LOT of $$$$ on that dental! I will check on my receipt if it has been 6 months already.... it it hasn't I still have time to submit it :cross:

carolina

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
:clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap: I called Pets best and while they don't cover dentals and periodontal disease, they DO cover stomatitis AND resorptive lesions :woohoo: AND I still have time to submit the last dentals for Bugsy and Lucky, along with all the prescription meds I bought for Bugsy :woohoo:

:clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap:

On another good note..............
Bugsy is doing fabulous off of Pred, and only on Prosperous Farmer and Evening Primerose Oil :woohoo: Prosperous Farmer in the beginning gave him the runs - the full dose, so I started introducing him slowly - right now he is at 1/2 dose.... It is working amazingly well - the boy is not scratching AT ALL!!! :clap::clap::clap:
LOVE IT :clap::clap::clap:

mrsgreenjeens

Every Life Should Have Nine Cats
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Wow, I go out of town for a few days and look what happens
...wonderful things!  Maybe I should leave more often

Great, great news all around.

carolina

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Wow, I go out of town for a few days and look what happens :D ...wonderful things!  Maybe I should leave more often :flail:

Great, great news all around.
Noooooo! You don't need to go away :hugs:
But yes! Good things definitely happened! :clap::clap::clap:
OMG - that goes to sow one should never, EVER assume things..... I just found out Pets Best covers Resorptive Lesions because I saw one example of a paid claim in their news letter - thank goodness I opened that email! :thud:
Then when I called today, I asked..... "I know you don't cover dentals.... But since you cover resorptive lesions, I will go ahead and ask - do you also cover Stomatitis?" And they said YES!
I have spent so much on Bugsy on his stomatitis.... and I had no Idea it was all covered :doh3:
Well.... At least I can submit the last dental for both of them, and the prescriptions too - man, days away from expiring :thud:

Anyways...... Back to the raw notes......
As you all know........ Lucky has been eating 3 proteins for the longest time - Turkey, Chicken and Pork.
I am now working on introducing her more :cross:
VEEEEEEERRRRYYYY Slowly, as every time I tried to intro a meat to her, she had a :barf: fit that set her back off raw :dash:
So, what I am doing for the moment, is whenever I feed the carnies a different meat (from the ones she eats), I give her a piece, well coated in WL (she still needs WL on her food).

She has eaten Duck heart, and didn't throw up, and today she ate a small piece of Venison! I am hoping she won't :barf:
We will see!
Slowly I plan to increase to a couple of pieces a meal, then three..... This will take time, I will take it slow..... But it is a start! She is eating chunk too - no more tiny pieces...... Awww my girl is all grown up :touch:

carolina

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Another milestone for my :princess: Lucky today.... She is finally eating large strips of meat - just like the other two :clap::clap::clap:
It only took her what - 8 months? :thud: :lol3::lol3::lol3:
Very proud of my girl! No need to cut her meat into little pieces anymore - she is chewing, ripping and cutting it just fine! :D

mrsgreenjeens

Every Life Should Have Nine Cats
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
And did the duck heart and venison stay down?  Two more milestones??? 
(assuming the answers are "yes")

carolina

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Weekly weight update!!

Bugsy -
01/17/2012 -
20lb 8oz -
01/22/2012 - Maintained from past week
20lbs 8oz
01/30/2012 - lost 3.5 oz from past week
20 4.5oz
02/05/12 - lost 1/2 oz from last week
20lbs 4oz
02/13/12 - Gained 1.5oz from past week :eek:
20lbs 5.5oz
02/28/12- Gained 1oz from past 2 weeks
20lbs 6.5oz
03/05/12 - Gained 2oz from last week (First wk of Frankerprey Regular QTY)
20lbs 8.5oz
03/13/12 - Lost 4oz since last week :bigthumb: - First week eating a reduced 1.8oz/meal
20lbs 4.5oz
03/19/12 - Lost 1 oz since last week
20lbs 3.5oz
03/27/12 - Lost 3 oz since last week
20lbs 0.5oz
04/03/12 - Lost 1oz since last week
19lbs 15.5oz
09/15/12 - (First day of 4.5oz/day) Lost 3lbs and 2.5oz since started :clap::clap::clap:
17lbs 5.5oz
09/23/12 - Lost 2.5oz since last week
17lbs 3oz

Lucky -
01/17/2012 -
12lb 1.5oz
01/22/2012 - Maintained from past week
12lbs 1.5oz
01/30/2012 - Lost 3.5 oz from past week
11lbs 14oz
02/05/12 - Gained 2.5 oz from last Week (first week eating raw)
12lbs 0.5oz
02/13/12 - lost 1.5oz from past week
11lbs 15oz
02/28/12 - Gained 3 oz from past 2 weeks (one wk raw, 1 wk sick, eating WL chicken)
12lbs 2.5oz
03/05/12 - lost 2 oz from last week (First wk Back on Kibbles)
12lbs 0.5oz
03/13/12 - Gained 1 oz since last week - First week back on raw
12lbs 1.5oz
03/19/12 - Gained 0.5oz since last week - mixed raw/kibbles
12lbs 2oz
03/27/12 - Gained 1oz since Last week
12lbs 3oz
04/03/12 - lost 2oz since last week - dentist, back 100% on raw
12lbs 1oz
09/15/12 - (First day of 4.5oz/day) Lost 12.5 oz since started :bigthumb:
11lbs 5oz
09/23/12 - lost 1.5oz since last week
11lbs 3.5oz

Hope -
01/17/2012 -
12lb 14.5oz
01/22/2012 - Gained - Piglet ALERT! :ref:
13lbs 0.5oz
01/30/2012 - lost 6.5 oz from Past week
12lbs 10oz
02/05/12- maintained from last week
12lbs 10oz
02/13/12 - Gained 6oz :shocker:
13lbs 0oz
02/28/12 - Gained 3.5oz from past 2 weeks
13lbs 3.5oz
03/05/12 - maintained from last week (First wk of Frankerprey Regular QTY)
13lbs 3.5oz
03/13/12 - Maintained from last week - seems that we hit her sweet spot :bigthumb:
13lbs 3.5oz
03/19/12 - Lost 1/2oz since last week
13lbs 3oz
03/27/12 - lost 4.5oz since last week
12lbs 14.5oz
04/03/12 - gained 1oz since last week
12lbs 15.5oz
09/15/12 - (First day of 4.5oz/day) Lost 13.5ozsince started :bigthumb:
12lbs 1oz
09/23/12 - lost 2oz since last week
11lbs 15oz

Last edited:

carolina

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
And did the duck heart and venison stay down?  Two more milestones???  :woohoo: (assuming the answers are "yes")
YEP!!!! Not only she ate them without an issue, there was not the slightest sign of nausea..... It sure stayed down!!! :woohoo:

carolina

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
17 pounds 3 ounces? WTG Carolina and Bugsy! :woohoo: Carolina - slow but steady WORKS! He's close to busting the 16 pound mark! :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :bigthumb:
I know!! Surely I would love him to be losing 4oz/week..... But hey, I take a constant 2.5oz a week! :clap::clap::clap::clap::clap: We will get there :bigthumb: And guess what? He has a waist too! :woohoo: :clap::clap::clap:

carolina

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Two mole bite-size milestones for Lucky!

At dinner she had a bite of Lamb - she chewed it down, and spit it off - looked at me as though she was saying "Mom, what's wrong with this chicken?":confused:
I then picked it up and hand fed her..... she ate it and went on to her "Good" chicken :lol3::lol3::lol3:

Tonight she had a bite of Turkey Heart - this one I didn't need to feed her at all.... she picked up from her plate and ate it all on her own :clap::clap::clap:

So far, no :barf: which is HUGE, since Lamb used to make her :barf: with the slighest little piece....... Today she ate 0.2oz of it and held it down :woohoo:

feralvr

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
WOWSA!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :wow: :jump: I can't believe all I have missed these last few days!!!!!!!!!!! OMG I am SOOOOOO jealous :rofl: LUCKY!!!!!!!!!!! :clap::clap::clap::clap::clap: Your momma is finally pushing you to the next level and you are eating strips of meat :thud: :thud: :thud: Will wonder's ever cease :dk: :lol3: CAROLINA!!!!! You must be so proud of your little :princess: I am for sure :woohoo: :dance: :high5: Oooooooooooooo That would be great if you can start to incorporate other proteins back into Lucky's diet. :D Must continue the :vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes: for NO :barf: !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

OH AND another :thud: on the Pet's Best news. Stomatits covered???!!! Incredible. They will for sure reimburse you for those bills and what a lucky and wonderful surprise that is!!!!! :woohoo:

Last edited:

ldg

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
At dinner she had a bite of Lamb - she chewed it down, and spit it off - looked at me as though she was saying "Mom, what's wrong with this chicken?":confused:
I then picked it up and hand fed her..... she ate it and went on to her "Good" chicken :lol3::lol3::lol3:
:spit: :crackup: :flail: OMG - "what's wrong with this chicken?" I'm CHOKING over here! Carolina, you crack me up!

Awwww...... YAY LUCKY! And the BIG milestone - she kept it down! :D :woohoo: