The "What's on your mind?" Thread -2016

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kat0121

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise

I know I've spent a lot of time complaining about my job.  Sorry if it's getting annoying.  But I hate it.  I just had some guy very rudely tell me to get a real job.  I wonder if he would be happier if I just kept getting pregnant and having kid after kid so I could live off welfare?  Or I could make and sell drugs?  At least I'm working.  That's not a dig against people who are unable to work.  My point is, I don't think you should look down on anyone who's working for a living, regardless of what their job is - as long as it's legal, that is.
There is no shame in an honest day's work. Don't let people like that get to you. Unhappy people love to try to spread the misery. 

margd

Chula and Paul's roommate
Veteran
Purraise

I have survived a month and a half working 50 - 60 hour weeks at Amazon!  My house is a mess, litter boxes need a really good cleaning, water fountains too. So glad most of my Christmas shopping was done before I started working.  The job should last another 2 weeks at least but will be calmer.  Working until 1:30 am really messes with my sleeping time.  The cats still expect to be fed in the morning.

I miss walking Eclipse. I took him early one day last week and while I wasn't holding the leash some birds landed in the back of the yard and he took off after them. He ran behind the Oleander bush (huge, 10+ years old) where I do not fit and got into the neighbor's yard.  Of course they weren't home and they lock their gates.  I climbed over the 6 ft privacy fence and got the escapee and handed him over to DD who was out by then.  He has been running out the door on a regular basis the past two weeks.  DH wants a pad by the door that activates a light when the cat is there so he will know not to open the door and let him out.

Gerry has grown quite a bit and is no longer kitten sized.  Fluffy still can't decide if she likes her or not.  Sometimes they touch noses and other times they stalk each other.

DH got a kick out of the Christmas cards addressed to the cats.  We taped theirs lower on the door so they could admire them.

@Tallyollyopia is it time for another excerpt of MS and E?
Congratulations on surviving the Amazon job.  That is no small feat.  You must be in great physical condition by now.  Great physical condition with an aching back?   Anyway, it is nice of you to take one of your few free moments to pop in and tell us how you're doing.  

Your DH has a wonderful idea with that Cat Detection system he's talking about.  So many people could use something like that.  Maybe the deluxe version could vibrate and send the startled pad-sitter off a few feet so you could get the door open and shut.  

I think it's adorable that you taped the cat cards lower on the door so they could enjoy them.  Did "enjoy them" include pulling them off the door and chewing on them?    

Willowy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
So, I guess I do need a degree.  I  think.  I have a headache.  Eh, I applied.  If I'm not qualified, they won't call and I won't be any worse off than I am now.
The way I read it, they want someone they can train to take the certification tests. But, yeah, they'll let you know, I'm sure. Hope it all works out! :vibes:

segelkatt

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
back in Laguna Woods, CA after a 2 yr absence
I looked at that web site also and it does not speak to a position as an ASSOCIATE counselor which does require a degree. However,, after looking at a link which concerns an Associate it says someone needed a certain number of courses in counseling. Usually this means that one is working on a BA degree and is taking counseling courses. Nevertheless, one should always apply, the worst they can say is "NO" and you have not lost anything. I wish you luck..

jtbo

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
If they give education + job, that is something very good, at some point that education might be very valuable.

segelkatt

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Just an update on Patrick, the foster. He's had another episode of constipation, I think he indulged in a bit too much of the other cats' kibble, a little does not seem to bother him but too much does. So I  had to take him to the vet to get cleaned out, an expense I did not need although the Cat Adoption Program should reimburse me. He's ok now, eating again and he has pooped out all the hard stools.

Someone on this site had recommended Remedy Rescue for anxiety for him as he freaks out with any and all strangers. I gave him 4 drops an hour before somebody came to meet him and he was as calm as could be, no freaking out at all. I couldn't believe it as I am very sceptical of any and all remedies from the health food stores. I have done this twice now when somebody came to meet him and the difference in that cat is just unbelievable. So, thanks to whoever turned me on  to Rescue Remedy.

So far one of the prospective cat moms has turned out not to be suitable, the other needs to turn in papers for an application to adopt and there is one other who is supposed to call me to meet him. This is better than I have had of interested people ever. So maybe something will turn out right yet.  

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
*PRAYERS*  for good loving forever adopters for your cats!

And have you tried pumpkin mixed in with regular food?  I have heard that it helps with either form of "not normal".  Mix a couple of spoonsful of tinned pumpkin with their wet food.  I can't attest to its effectiveness personally, but this is what I've heard.

Kat0121

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise

*PRAYERS*  for good loving forever adopters for your cats!

And have you tried pumpkin mixed in with regular food?  I have heard that it helps with either form of "not normal".  Mix a couple of spoonsful of tinned pumpkin with their wet food.  I can't attest to its effectiveness personally, but this is what I've heard.
I can attest to the powers of the pumpkin 

It does work for either fast or slow stools. It's very important though that it is just plain canned pumpkin and not pie filling as this contains spices and such that could make things worse. I buy the Libby's plain pumpkin, put it into small ice cube trays, freeze until solid and then put those cubes into freezer bags. The cubes can be defrosted easily and added to a normal meal. 

Willowy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Wowsers. I went shopping Monday, since I had the day off. I went to Menards, and had one of their refund checks in my pocket. But I didn't find anything I wanted to buy, so I didn't use the refund check. But when I got home I discovered that the refund check wasn't in my pocket. It was ~$16 so I was disappointed but not devastated. I assume it fell out of my pocket in the parking lot when I pulled my keys out, and it was super windy on Monday. So it probably blew off to the next county, lol. But somebody must have found it and put it in a mailbox (for those not familiar with Menards refund checks---they're postcards with the check on one side and your address on the other) because it was back in my mailbox today! Somewhat dirtier, lol, but still. That's impressive all around.

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Sure is!  You don't see/hear of that happening much these days.  Hope you find something you really want/need to spend it on!  $16 is an amount I would not want to lose.

Kat0121

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Wowsers. I went shopping Monday, since I had the day off. I went to Menards, and had one of their refund checks in my pocket. But I didn't find anything I wanted to buy, so I didn't use the refund check. But when I got home I discovered that the refund check wasn't in my pocket. It was ~$16 so I was disappointed but not devastated. I assume it fell out of my pocket in the parking lot when I pulled my keys out, and it was super windy on Monday. So it probably blew off to the next county, lol. But somebody must have found it and put it in a mailbox (for those not familiar with Menards refund checks---they're postcards with the check on one side and your address on the other) because it was back in my mailbox today! Somewhat dirtier, lol, but still. That's impressive all around.
Nice. I would have sent it back to you too. I once found someone's IRS refund check next to the curb. When they still mailed them, their envelopes were a distinctive dark yellow. I recognized it immediately.  I brought it to their house and put it between the screen and front doors with a note on it letting them know where it had been found. It was about a block or so from their house. I also found someone's work ID badge on a city bus. I mailed it back to the employer. Some places charge employees for replacement badges. I will always return something I find to its rightful owner if I can tell who it belongs to. I was at a bus stop once and a young man ran past me to catch a bus and a $10 bill fell out of his pocket. I jumped on the bus after him and gave it back to him. You should have seen the look on his face when he checked his pocket and saw that it wasn't there. 

My DH left his wallet in a shopping cart at Wal Mart once after cashing his check (well before all of these). He never saw it again. I vowed to do the right thing because whoever found his did NOT. 

Willowy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm mostly surprised that anyone found it. It was so windy I would have guessed that it would end up stuck in a tree or in a lake or something :D.

segelkatt

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Patrick really doesn't like any kind of people food, he also does not like treats, can you believe it? I tried the pumpkin, smuggled it into his canned food, no dice, he took one sniff and walked away. .Same thing with Greenies. The Rescue Remedy comes in an eye dropper and I put it on 4 pieces of the forbidden kibble which he gobbled right up and apparently it did the trick as he was as mellow as can be the whole time his prospective cat moms were here.

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise

These things are so hard on the family.  I guess that leaves, what, one of Carrie's siblings still alive?  Two?  Losing their sister and mother in what amounts to one fell swoop.

Betty White is still with us, despite rumors to the contrary.  http://en.mediamass.net/people/betty-white/deathhoax.html   However, either this is also a hoax, or someone has set up a GoFundMe page to protect her from 2016: http://rare.us/story/donating-to-th...ium=email&utm_campaign=Newsletter_Rare_People   (BTW, while you're welcome to put money into this project if you want to, I seriously doubt the efficacy of this plan.)

Apparently Willie Nelson is still alive, as well.  https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Willie_Nelson   For now.

Margret
I believe that the GoFundMe page was set up as a joke, not a hoax, but I really think it was not well thought out.  That site should be for those who really need assistance!  Goddess knows, it saved Hekitty's life!

Willowy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Haha, he says he will "fly to wherever she is and protect her from 2016!" You can't protect anyone against the effects of old age, sadly. But he did say that "if she turns down his protection" (likely!), he'll donate the money to the local community theater, and that he just wanted to make people smile. So it's not a hoax, or even a joke really, just something cute.

Alicia88

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
So, work had me to go a meeting screen and called me to listen to 3 calls where I "yawned."  The first one, all I heard was an intake of breath.  Um, so I breathed too loudly and they called it a yawn?  Right.  I'm not even sure what they were referring to with the other 2 calls.  I was listening - I didn't hear anything.  I'm getting a "final written warning" and then "we'll have to consider elimination."  That's the word that was used.  So, I guess a sniper watching my apartment?

At this point, I WANT them to fire me.  I'll collect unemployment while I look for another job.  Screw them all.

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
That's insane, if you'll pardon my saying so.  I know bosses can be monsters these days because they have such a wide pool of people to fill every position, but seriously?!!

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I never saw this before, but I read she was 19 when she did this and had had no career in dance.  Can we imagine how hard it is to do a routine like that so perfectly, and next to these two legends?!! 

Yes, it is just beyond sad for all of us to lose them.  I cannot imagine how that poor family and their friends and colleagues would be able to endure this.  I saw a picture of Carrie Fisher's dog on twitter with a caption of "Mom is not coming home again" that just made me bawl.  

artiemom

Artie, my Angel; a part of my heart
Top Cat
Purraise

So, work had me to go a meeting screen and called me to listen to 3 calls where I "yawned."  The first one, all I heard was an intake of breath.  Um, so I breathed too loudly and they called it a yawn?  Right.  I'm not even sure what they were referring to with the other 2 calls.  I was listening - I didn't hear anything.  I'm getting a "final written warning" and then "we'll have to consider elimination."  That's the word that was used.  So, I guess a sniper watching my apartment?

At this point, I WANT them to fire me.  I'll collect unemployment while I look for another job.  Screw them all.
Oh no... this is what I was afraid of... I am so sorry.. at this point there is absolutely nothing you can do..so do not even try.. it will be a wasted effort..

((hugs))

Alicia88

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

Oh no... this is what I was afraid of... I am so sorry.. at this point there is absolutely nothing you can do..so do not even try.. it will be a wasted effort..

((hugs))
Thanks.  I'm done trying.  I don't even care anymore.  I have 2 friends who sent me links to other work from home jobs; both of them have starting wages higher than what I'm making after working here for over a year.  I will applying to both as soon as I log off tonight.

Last night, I talked to a friend who used to work with me at the center before it switched to work from home.  She said everyone she's talked hates it now.  So, I guess on the bright side, at least I'm not being singled out.  I'm just getting it slightly worse.  When I was working at the center, I was approved to work more than 28 hours per week, which qualifies me for 30 hours of paid time off every quarter.  So, maybe I'm being paranoid, but maybe that's why they're so keen to get rid of me.

Status
Not open for further replies.