The "What's on your mind?" Thread -2016

Status
Not open for further replies.

margd

Chula and Paul's roommate
Veteran
Purraise
Sorry for the repeated post. For some reason, since yesterday, when I click on submit, a window comes up & says I've already posted to this thread, so I close it, & try again, and then that happens!
Can any mods fix it, or @Anne?

Thanks!
This has been happening on and off for quite awhile but there is a way to prevent most of the multiple posts. When the window comes up and says you've already posted, wait a few seconds and look for the "New Post" message that shows up on the lower right of the page.  Odds are very high that the new post in question is yours.  Check to make sure it is, then delete your what-seems-to-be-unposted-post.  Don't hit submit again.  

One thing I've noticed in the last 3 or 4 days is that some posts are just posting multiple times even if you only hit "Submit" once.  That seems to be a more recent glitch.  

Alicia88

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Lol, i know what you mean. I kust had to buy a new headlight bulb for mine yesterday, along w/ new windshield wipers.
If I were you, I'd hang on to the bulb, just incase it is on its way out. Until you have it checked anyway.
I'm also actually going to have to have the place I take my car put in the bulb, because my dad looked at it yesterday, & the battery is right behind it, so he couldn't get to it for an easy install. ......Cars!
Have it checked?  You're hilarious.  Who has money for that? LOL

margd

Chula and Paul's roommate
Veteran
Purraise

Yes, these threads are littered with dupes! 
When I first read this, I thought you were implying we were all pawns, marks, fools, victims of conmen and targets of grifters.  I was thinking  "How can she know about the time I bought the jug of water with supposedly magical qualities?  Or paid for the cut-rate auto work that left my vehicle permanently disfigured and my wallet seriously depleted?  Or fed Paul an extra meal because he convinced me he was starving?"   
   Then I realized what you actually meant and had to agree.  I'm thinking from now on when my posts are posted extra times, I'm going to edit the extras and post weird videos. Or stupid knock-knock jokes.  At least all those duplicates and triplicates can be entertaining.  

Alicia88

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

Rest in peace, Carrie Fisher.  60 is too young to go. 

Margret
She was still alive on Christmas Day.  John said, "Well, Christmas is over.  2016 is pretty much done; Carrie Fisher is safe."  Right.  He should not have underestimated the evil power of 2016.  We've lost way too many icons this year.  And there are still 4 days left.

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise

Thanks, The thread is under health and titled: Artie and his issues...

thanks guys...((hugs)) to all

Yikes!! what does that person have at home?? a men's room??? in place of a bathroom... crazy! 

Just wait for New Years Eve... hope you are not working that night...
I'll be following that thread, but don't stop posting here, as well!  You will get more expert advice there, but we all want to know how he is doing!  And that is, after all, What's On Your Mind!

And I so agree with you..what a thing to steal.  I only hope he had desperate need, and made good use, of his ill-gotten gains...or Gain, as the case may be!

Rest in peace, Carrie Fisher.  60 is too young to go. 

Margret
Dang.  I just ordered copies of "Surrender The Pink" and "Postcards From The Edge" yesterday.  I love those books, and am so glad I will have them again.  WHAT a talent that woman was!

swamplady

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Today makes a year my brother died. Seems that is on my mind. Beautiful Tiger was suppose to be his. Instead I have the beautiful cat. I feel a part of me went away. 

​My message to all is do not take for granted that anyone will be here tomorrow. Open your heart up to friends and family. Hugggs to all & have a safe wonderful peaceful New Year.   

angels mommy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

Have it checked?  You're hilarious.  Who has money for that? LOL
  I know, I know! but, IF you have a regular machanic that you take your car to each time, maybe they will check it for free, it's not like it's a big job or anything.

My regular guy was still closed for the holiday today, so (here we go...) My nephews,, girlfriend's dad has a shop, pretty much across the street from me. So I called & told him who I was & that I alrerady had the bulb, I just needed it put in, & how much would that be? He said only 10.00, so I was glad for that.; So I get there, & his wife, (who also knows me. I mean my nephew pretty much lives at their house), & when it was done, she handed me the keys, & said Merry Christmas, Happy New Year! LOL! So that was really nice!  

Plus, I usually, & had just made her daughter, (my nephews GF), a facial scrub that I make & she loves, so gave her a new jar for Christmas!  

So, if you have a regular guy, maybe he can check it for you. You never know, unless you ask. 

jtbo

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
War report.

Attempt of taking over bed of sleep has failed once again, with greatest scientific minds perfect plan was crafted, as is known, cat poops every time after eating, so providing generous dinner for cats currently occupying bed of sleep should of been made them move to outer areas as has been observed in studies, however cat clan obviously got informed about a plan and instead retreating from bed of sleep, they took strategical positions from bed of sleep and started napping.

Clearly this demands a study about how cat clan found out our purrrfect plan, I suspect a spy somewhere.

On to plan 329-4b...

Alicia88

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

I know, I know! but, IF you have a regular machanic that you take your car to each time, maybe they will check it for free, it's not like it's a big job or anything.

My regular guy was still closed for the holiday today, so (here we go...) My nephews,, girlfriend's dad has a shop, pretty much across the street from me. So I called & told him who I was & that I alrerady had the bulb, I just needed it put in, & how much would that be? He said only 10.00, so I was glad for that.; So I get there, & his wife, (who also knows me. I mean my nephew pretty much lives at their house), & when it was done, she handed me the keys, & said Merry Christmas, Happy New Year! LOL! So that was really nice!  

Plus, I usually, & had just made her daughter, (my nephews GF), a facial scrub that I make & she loves, so gave her a new jar for Christmas!  

So, if you have a regular guy, maybe he can check it for you. You never know, unless you ask. 
I'm not 100% clueless about cars and neither is John.  We can probably get in there and check the wires and connections ourselves.  I know how to handle minor stuff.  Thank you, Grandpa!  I can even change my oil but I don't cuz getting under the car is a pain in the butt.  If it's more complicated than replacing a blinker bulb or changing brake pads, I'm as clueless as the next person.  But being to handle minor things saves money once in a while.

NewYork1303

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

I'm not 100% clueless about cars and neither is John.  We can probably get in there and check the wires and connections ourselves.  I know how to handle minor stuff.  Thank you, Grandpa!  I can even change my oil but I don't cuz getting under the car is a pain in the butt.  If it's more complicated than replacing a blinker bulb or changing brake pads, I'm as clueless as the next person.  But being to handle minor things saves money once in a while.
It sounds to me like an alternator or a battery connection. My car was doing that and I found out a rat had chewed through the battery cable on one side. 

Alicia88

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

It sounds to me like an alternator or a battery connection. My car was doing that and I found out a rat had chewed through the battery cable on one side. 
Hmmm.  I did just have to get a new battery.  Maybe they didn't get it quite tight enough or something..

Alicia88

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
So, I wanted to share some pawsitivity regarding 2016.  The original poster of this used a bit of language.  So, I'm gonna post the link to avoid stealing someone else's work but then I'm copy and paste the gist of it without all the f bombs.

There's an Ebola Vaccine now

Child Mortality - Down across the globe

+9% survival rate in pacreatic cancer sufferers

Gene responsible for ALS found

Volunteers in India planted 50 Million trees in 24 hours

Suicide rates down globally

The Ozone layer is repairing itself

The Rabbinical assembly issued a resolution affirming the rights of trans and non conforming individuals

MIND CONTROLLED ROBOT ARMS

Leo got dat oscar

Wild tigers numbers up FOR THE FIRST TIME IN 100 YEARS

Giant Pandas - No longer endangered

A solar powered plane did a world trip

Global Malaria down by 60%

Measels ERADICATED from the Americas

93% of the world's children learned to read and write - the highest percentage IN HUMAN HISTORY

China plans to be completely renewable by 2020 and has a global plan for by 2050

Huge global push in renewable energy

Norway committed 0 deforestation, 0

Every major grocer and fast food chain in the U.S pledged to use cage free eggs only by 2025

Manatees - No longer endangered

Wild Wolves - Back in Europe

Wild Salmon spawning in the Connecticut river for the first time since the American revolution

Columbian white tailed deer - no longer endangered

Green Sea Turtles - NO LONGER ENDANGERED

Sea World no longer breeding captive killer whales

Humpback Whales - NO LONGER ENDANGERED

Global aid - up by 7%

Americas most generous year EVER in charity and aid

China's most generous year EVER in charity and aid at $15 Billion

Alicia88

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
On the other hand, we need to send all kinds of prayers, good thoughts, pawsitive energy, etc. to Betty White.  2016 still has a few days left.

Willowy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
On the other hand, we need to send all kinds of prayers, good thoughts, pawsitive energy, etc. to Betty White.  2016 still has a few days left.
When I saw that, I thought "oh, no, is she sick?". But no, there's nothing wrong, some guy just started a gofundme to "protect Betty White from 2016" :tongue2:. Haha, that's cute. But she is 94 so I guess she can use all the good thoughts anyway!

segelkatt

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
back in Laguna Woods, CA after a 2 yr absence

So, I wanted to share some pawsitivity regarding 2016.  The original poster of this used a bit of language.  So, I'm gonna post the link to avoid stealing someone else's work but then I'm copy and paste the gist of it without all the f bombs.

There's an Ebola Vaccine now

Child Mortality - Down across the globe

+9% survival rate in pacreatic cancer sufferers

Gene responsible for ALS found

Volunteers in India planted 50 Million trees in 24 hours

Suicide rates down globally

The Ozone layer is repairing itself

The Rabbinical assembly issued a resolution affirming the rights of trans and non conforming individuals

MIND CONTROLLED ROBOT ARMS

Leo got dat oscar

Wild tigers numbers up FOR THE FIRST TIME IN 100 YEARS

Giant Pandas - No longer endangered

A solar powered plane did a world trip

Global Malaria down by 60%

Measels ERADICATED from the Americas

93% of the world's children learned to read and write - the highest percentage IN HUMAN HISTORY

China plans to be completely renewable by 2020 and has a global plan for by 2050

Huge global push in renewable energy

Norway committed 0 deforestation, 0

Every major grocer and fast food chain in the U.S pledged to use cage free eggs only by 2025

Manatees - No longer endangered

Wild Wolves - Back in Europe

Wild Salmon spawning in the Connecticut river for the first time since the American revolution

Columbian white tailed deer - no longer endangered

Green Sea Turtles - NO LONGER ENDANGERED

Sea World no longer breeding captive killer whales

Humpback Whales - NO LONGER ENDANGERED

Global aid - up by 7%

Americas most generous year EVER in charity and aid

China's most generous year EVER in charity and aid at $15 Billion
There was a measles epidemic earlier  this year in the US so I don't believe it has been eradicated by now

Status
Not open for further replies.