The "What are you Doing" Thread - 2016.

Status
Not open for further replies.

misterwhiskers

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Clawdia has been gone for 6 days now! [emoji]128575[/emoji][emoji]128549[/emoji]
I'm devastated. Can't find her anywhere.
Saying a prayer Clawdia makes it home soon.

I'm sitting up drinking coffee. Had a rough night and finally occurrs to me to take me temp. And lucky me, I've got a fever.... Almost 102.

Robin wants to play, but I feel horrible, really, so I'm just going to put down kibble and get back to sleep, if I can. My eyes don't want to open, but I hurt everywhere. I froze last night, and woke up achy. Poo!!! Its gorgeous out, and I just wanted to get out so much. Hoping its not the flu.

artiemom

Artie, my Angel; a part of my heart
Top Cat
Purraise
Saying a prayer Clawdia makes it home soon.

I'm sitting up drinking coffee. Had a rough night and finally occurrs to me to take me temp. And lucky me, I've got a fever.... Almost 102.

Robin wants to play, but I feel horrible, really, so I'm just going to put down kibble and get back to sleep, if I can. My eyes don't want to open, but I hurt everywhere. I froze last night, and woke up achy. Poo!!! Its gorgeous out, and I just wanted to get out so much. Hoping its not the flu.
feel better....Robin will be your nurse! 

artiemom

Top Cat
Purraise

I'm really sorry to hear this.  I didn't realize it had been so long.  This article might give you some ideas to find her:  http://www.thecatsite.com/a/help-my-cat-is-lost  I hope she comes home soon.  

What happened to Piston?  Is he okay?

Here's hoping no insomnia tonight!  

As for me, I didn't fall asleep until after 6:00 AM and then woke up at 5:00 PM so am now on a completely backward circadian clock.  Am hanging out on TCS and hoping Chula and Paul will start playing with their latest toy, which so far has been a non-event.  Sigh.  They are really getting bored.  
Margd,

sending wishes you get your insomnia worked out. 
As far as toys go...do you want some of Artie's leftovers... I mean the ones he does not like...getting to be almost every one of them...sigh...

Artie is so hyper. 

I am cleaning out the bathroom where his litter boxes are. I have 2 for him. It is in the bathroom. 

I always wait until he poops or pees. He did both earlier today.

Sure enough, he was a pain while I was washing just one out. I clean one at a time. 

He was pacing, coming up to me, crying, etc...taking me over to the food area....gave him more food...no.,,,

gave him dry...no...

topped the wet with some freeze dried..no

Finally he went into the dirty litter box and pooped again!! ok...problem solved...

He was still fussing.. again, pacing, calling me, etc...

I decided he was stressed out for whatever reason. 

While one box is drying, I decided to take a break and just chill with him in my bedroom. Wouldn't you know the first time I took him in, he jumped off my bed and back into the dirty litter box.. He peed again!! OK...

Glad I did not dump that out. Even if I did, I always have another fresh box with litter ready for him, so it would not have been that bad--just not his favorite box....

Now he is feeling better...he went over to his food and ate some. He came back into the bedroom, and is on his chair. 

It is nap time for him..

I am just staying here, on my bed for a few more minutes. Then I will tackle the other box, and the rest of the bathroom....

Artie will be calm and all set now....Geesh...what a cat!!  

I still love him....he is my buddy ..

Last edited:

donutte

Professional cat sitter extraordinaire!
Top Cat
Purraise
A adoringangel72 I'm so sorry! I'll keep her in my thoughts and that she is safe.

misterwhiskers misterwhiskers , I hope you feel better very soon!

Been a long day. Had to wake up relatively early (for a Sunday) to take Sara in for a grooming appt at 9am. Took Sara to the groomer, dropped off a prescription, picked up my brother in the city, my nephew stopped by, got the call that Sara would be ready soon, picked up my prescription, then picked up Sara. Then just a long day of cleaning out my mom's closet, cutting out the rug and my brother taking it out. Need to call a plumber to fix the pipe that's leaking. Anyway, went shopping at Petsmart and Jewel, then my brother brought all 200 lbs of litter in the house for me. We came home, ate, watched TV, then I took him back home. Came back, clipped the youngin's nails. Oliver really REALLY didn't want to have his nails clipped today and I have a nice long scratch down my arm as a result. Had some fresh fruit and now just waiting for the exhaustion to hit.

Thankfully my headache is easing away again. Has not gone away completely since yesterday. My body doesn't acclimate well to warmer temps.

inanna

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Oh that's just so sad :-( I've read how much you have invested in Miss Clawdia. I hope that nothing has happened to her. Do you think it's possible maybe some one else has brought her into their home since she seems to be a rather friendly little girl?

I'm sitting on the couch watching television and playing on the internet. I've got a precious kitten sleeping on my lap. We brought Tyrion home over the weekend. All 3 of my other kitties seem to be okay with this new kitten who just "appeared" in the house. Andy has taken a particular shine to the kitten and grooms him, comforts him, shares his toys. So it's official we have a full house!

reversedpolarit

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I've spent the day halfheartedly doing work and thinking about about the hopefully-soon-to-be-adopted Arcturus. I went and made an appointment with my vet for tomorrow to discuss his FIV+ status and my training to be a vet nurse. I'm so in love with the daft cat and I've not even met him yet, ugh. Lots I should be doing, but pretty sure the takeout my boyfriend got us (which was meant to be safer than him cooking...) has done something awful to my insides and I want to sleep. 

Margret

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
8 Days since Clawdia went missing. [emoji]128575[/emoji]
Sigh.  What is the longest she's been gone before?  Is she chipped?

I'm sitting here with my computer, dealing with email and occasionally bopping back to day 1 of The Diabetes Summit.  I'm not buying the CDs of it, just signed up for the free daily feed, so I have to actually watch it each day and take notes if I want to retain anything.  And I'm planning to go to the area where the weekend snowstorm was worst later today, see whether I can get any broken branches to use in a homemade cat tree.

Margret

stewball

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I've spent the day halfheartedly doing work and thinking about about the hopefully-soon-to-be-adopted Arcturus. I went and made an appointment with my vet for tomorrow to discuss his FIV+ status and my training to be a vet nurse. I'm so in love with the daft cat and I've not even met him yet, ugh. Lots I should be doing, but pretty sure the takeout my boyfriend got us (which was meant to be safer than him cooking...) has done something awful to my insides and I want to sleep. 
Did it have MSG in it? That used to act like a sleeping aid on me.

stewball

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
In position. I didn't come on last night. I was falling asleep. Nevermind I'm here today and the crowd goes wild. Stamping and shouting STEW BALL STEW BALL STEW BALL. I'm bowing and waving and laughing!!! Well a girl can dream can't she?

Had to fiddle with the telephone this morning to get hold of my bank. Eventually they called back. I had too much money in my account. One of my saving accounts had finished and they put the money into my account. Bloody nuisance. All sorted now. Watched a silly British film but it was entertaining. Read the newspaper. Read my book. Exchanged msgs with my kids. Later watched an old film introducing the lohan woman. She took the part of 11 year old twins. She was very good and it wasn't tear jerky. Then I read more of my book. Watched bbc later, had a cool shower and now I'm in bed reading threads and talking to you guys.
There was a bomb exploded in a bus in Jerusalem. No deads. I red an article about animal filmers filming in Africa and they saw a first. Normally monkeys give birth at night so there's not much known but they saw a female monkey giving birth in the day and she had a midwife helping her!!! Who learned from whom. Animals are amazing.
Oh well I'm not tired really yet. It's very warm tonight. It's 12.15 am. Still early.
Goodnight from me and enjoy the rest of your day.

micknsnicks2mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
just relaxing right now, and on the internet.

lots going on this morning, and our little deedee was vomiting last night so lost sleep. deedee is doing well now though.

donutte

Professional cat sitter extraordinaire!
Top Cat
Purraise
Just got home. Went out after work and bought some new pants because of "middle-age spread" according to my mom. Not sure if I dislike the "middle-age" or the "spread" part worse. I hate trying on pants, and it was in the 80s today (yuck!) so it was that much worse. But my near-bald kitty enjoyed a day in the sun today apparently, so I guess 80s was ok... Most of the critters did actually.

Mom made dinner today. She just asked "What kind of veggie do y'all want?" The lady that lives with us asked what our choices were, and mom replies "Green beans!" So, green beans it is then I guess!

adoringangel72

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I have probably looked like a weirdo or creeper! I've been driving slowly on the highway here, looking in ditches, people's driveways, outbuildings and barns. Putting up missing cat fliers and asking strangers if they've seen "this" cat and showing them a picture of Clawdia I printed for the fliers. [emoji]128575[/emoji] I suspect someone has her, in their home. One time she was gone for 6 days so at first I was not in total panic mode, it's over a week now. I can't even remember when she first started coming around. I think it was early February. I got her shots and spay surgery. I miss her. Her & Nala Ava Marie did not care for each other but I think Nala even misses her a little. [emoji]128575[/emoji]

blueyedgirl5946

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I am in the middle of cleaning out the garage. We swept, vacuumed, and mopped. Now everything has to be put back. Seems like it gets dirty being shut up all winter. I have stuff I want to sell. The bicycles never get used and I am going to run an ad to sell them. It is just too dangerous on the road here down to try and ride.

inanna

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I just cleaned out all 4 of the litter boxes in record time. Now I'm having a celebratory blue raspberry frozen lemonade on my side porch. It's absolutely gorgeous outside, sunny, high 70's. Inside my house it's too cold for my liking.

Soon I will need to vacuum and figure out what's on the menu for dinner. I absolutely hate cooking.

artiemom

Top Cat
Purraise
I came back from shopping at the dreaded Wal-Mart! Yikes!! I really dislike that store(s). This time I drove to a newer one, in a different city. Things still picked over; however a lot neater and cleaner than the one which is less than a mile from my place.

I lost my patience while checking out. I saw that one casher had only one customer with most of her things already bagged. It was not until I put my things on the belt, did I see that she had at least 20 coupons!!!! OMG!!

I do not mind people using coupons, but the cashier was slower than molasses on a cold day!! 

The customer was checking to make sure they all went through. I saw the cashier scan them. The customer was insisting that several, in the beginning, did not go through. One was a coupon which was on a box of trash bags....

Well, the confrontation between the cashier and the customer ensued!!  

Status
Not open for further replies.