The "What are you Doing" Thread - 2016.

Status
Not open for further replies.

foxxycat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Honeybee on my lap, music playing in background
@Artiemom  I have a bad knee too=it finally got better with calve rises-I did these to help stretch my calves because that's where I get aches-I found a big book to stand on or a brick from the garden and hang my foot over whatever side I am trying to get the most range of motion. I found surprisingly these really helped..of course I could not do all the jumping and running until I built up this area. So yes it takes time...3 times a week is perfect for starting...sending you hugs...and keep moving! reading is moving! eyes rolling back and forth reading is moving :)

stewball

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thanks for all your info. I looked at the exercise motivation thread. Wow, you guys are so much ahead of me!! I am just starting off. With a bad knee and bad shoulder, I have to take it easier. I am just impatient. I would start posting on that thread, but I feel so intimidated because I am just beginning.

Thank you for all the tips. I was thinking of a protein mix, but I do not want to buy a huge jug of it. 

@margaret

Thanks for all the tips/advice.

I start my day with a container of greek yogurt with some granola mixed it. 
I drink plenty of water during the day. I have a sport bottle sitting next to my chair and a couple of containers in my car. I am a huge water drinker. 
I have been sedentary for years. I was heavy as a child, gradually lost weight. Was a good shape about 30 yes ago..lots of exercise, gained some weight after a while and then with daily walking, about 20 years ago, lost a ton. Then life got in the way, and I gained so much weight. I never thought I would weigh this much.

I really do need to lose 50 lbs, but I will be very happy with 20. 

Gotta see if I have any PB in the house. I have almond butter--may crack it open. When I return from the gym, I usually grab a large hand full of nuts;\

Thanks again, Not planning to monopolize this thread...

Sorry for doing that to all the other members.
I like toast with butter, peanut butter, jam and cream cheese. Yummy.

stewball

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
@Artiemom
 I have a bad knee too=it finally got better with calve rises-I did these to help stretch my calves because that's where I get aches-I found a big book to stand on or a brick from the garden and hang my foot over whatever side I am trying to get the most range of motion. I found surprisingly these really helped..of course I could not do all the jumping and running until I built up this area. So yes it takes time...3 times a week is perfect for starting...sending you hugs...and keep moving! reading is moving! eyes rolling back and forth reading is moving :)
I don't understand hang your leg over. I have problems with my Achilles heel. Also needs stretching.

stewball

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm prone and in agony today with my wretched back. Orthopedic doctor more or less told me this is it madame. Deal with it but he didn't put it like that. He said at my age, 71, things are changing in my body,slowing for down, I slowed down years ago, and that I need to do light exercise for goodness sake, walking ,and he's given me referral for physio therapy. It's just a. I hate going out. B. I hate walking. C. I hate wearing a bra and outside I have to and it's so damned hot. Oof. My ex will sit on my case now till he gets me out of the house. I'm not a happy camper.
I made a big pot of chicken soup with matza balls. That really killed my back. Oh and apply heat. Why did I have to fall over.
Not the best of days but whisky gave me 10 minutes of his time and I managed to clip 2 claws. The dew was very hard. It's very thick. It wouldn't go into the clipper. I'll have to try with the cat scissors which hurt my fat fingers.
When I was younger,much, still at school I hated gym. Later in my teens my exercise was dancing. Jive, twist etc and, of course, the slow. Big sigh.
What a difference to what I was. I feel ugly now. But for some reason Jewish boys weren't attracted to me and I wasn't mad about then. I preferred the non-Jewish males and they liked me. It was a terrible no no. I dated one for 4 years in secret. I lost so much weight. I went from an English 16 to a 10 in a few months. That was good.
Eventually we said our very sad goodbyes and I came here. The things we do when we're kids.
I didn't stop my daughter going out with anybody. I just asked if I could meet them once and I did.
I'm very boring tonight. Must be the pain sorry.
Good night to all and enjoy the rest of your day. Hugs to all.

handsome kitty

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm prone and in agony today with my wretched back. Orthopedic doctor more or less told me this is it madame. Deal with it but he didn't put it like that. He said at my age, 71, things are changing in my body,slowing for down, I slowed down years ago, and that I need to do light exercise for goodness sake, walking ,and he's given me referral for physio therapy. It's just a. I hate going out. B. I hate walking. C. I hate wearing a bra and outside I have to and it's so damned hot. Oof. My ex will sit on my case now till he gets me out of the house. I'm not a happy camper.
I made a big pot of chicken soup with matza balls. That really killed my back. Oh and apply heat. Why did I have to fall over.
Not the best of days but whisky gave me 10 minutes of his time and I managed to clip 2 claws. The dew was very hard. It's very thick. It wouldn't go into the clipper. I'll have to try with the cat scissors which hurt my fat fingers.
When I was younger,much, still at school I hated gym. Later in my teens my exercise was dancing. Jive, twist etc and, of course, the slow. Big sigh.
What a difference to what I was. I feel ugly now. But for some reason Jewish boys weren't attracted to me and I wasn't mad about then. I preferred the non-Jewish males and they liked me. It was a terrible no no. I dated one for 4 years in secret. I lost so much weight. I went from an English 16 to a 10 in a few months. That was good.
Eventually we said our very sad goodbyes and I came here. The things we do when we're kids.
I didn't stop my daughter going out with anybody. I just asked if I could meet them once and I did.
I'm very boring tonight. Must be the pain sorry.
Good night to all and enjoy the rest of your day. Hugs to all.
I'm sorry to hear you are in agony again. Can you stand in a hot shower?  that should help a little.

You could play some music and slow dance in your apartment.  Maybe your ex would join in.  When you're feeling better of course.

Walking strengthens your core muscles and the muscles in your lower back.  I used to walk everywhere.  Then I learned to drive.   I used to be thin then.  Now . . .

stewball

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm sorry to hear you are in agony again. Can you stand in a hot shower?  that should help a little.

You could play some music and slow dance in your apartment.  Maybe your ex would join in.  When you're feeling better of course.

Walking strengthens your core muscles and the muscles in your lower back.  I used to walk everywhere.  Then I learned to drive.   I used to be thin then.  Now . . .
I can stand in a hot shower even though the heat outside is excruciating.
I refuse to slow dance with my ex thank you very much. Slow dance means arms around each other. Heads in shoulders. A little kiss here and there. That's what I call slow dancing!!!,
I used to walk. Skinny is not the word. Age 22 I was buying children's clothes from mark's and Spencers. I put on weight with my pregnancies and my daughter's and daughter-in-law's pregnancies. Giggle.

stewball

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I can stand in a hot shower even though the heat outside is excruciating.
I refuse to slow dance with my ex thank you very much. Slow dance means arms around each other. Heads in shoulders. A little kiss here and there. That's what I call slow dancing!!!,
I used to walk. Skinny is not the word. Age 22 I was buying children's clothes from mark's and Spencers. I put on weight with my pregnancies and my daughter's and daughter-in-law's pregnancies. Giggle.
Me age 18. Notice the arms.

AbbysMom

At Abby's beck and call
Staff Member
Purraise
Sitting here drinking my coffee trying to decide what of my to-do list I will tackle first.

foxxycat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Honeybee on my lap, music playing in background
I don't understand hang your leg over. I have problems with my Achilles heel. Also needs stretching.
Here is a photo I found-I stand with my heels hanging over and go up and down.

Then I put my heel on the front edge with toes on the floor-feels like wearing high heels. These two motions stretch out both front and back of the calves. And the best time to stretch is when you are hot and sweaty. You don't want to stretch cold muscles.

I understand about hating to put on a bra in the heat. My mother was the same way. At least if you go in the early morning before anyone is up and out no one will see you. Or you can walk around in your house. It may take getting used to-take laps around the living room into the kitchen and bedrooms? My house is small so it only takes a few steps to get into each room.

Maybe you guys have some kind of wooded trails where you are not out in the open? Or at the beach? Not sure how your area is set up..here in NH there are tons of walking trails all over the place.

Trying to get motivated for work stuff. Still waiting for help on projects but the key people will be out until next week.. Fun!

Last edited:

micknsnicks2mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
i've also been up for a while, too early really. our little deedee had had (what i'm now thinking was) some sort of 'bug' type thing, which she's recovered from nicely. now our little punkin is going through the same thing. two vomits this morning, about 3 1/2 hours apart. i think she, like deedee was, is now afraid to eat because when she does she vomits. so i'm starting on very small amounts of jar baby food with her as well as an appropriate amount of pepcid. small meals, every 30-45 minutes for our punkin today.

catlover19

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I just finished my morning smoothie after walking the girl I babysit to school. It's 9:30 am, calling for rain all day so we will be home. My daughter got a new car seat this morning so they are having fun playing with the big box.

stewball

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
In my usual prone position. I'm feeling very tired. Was a quiet day. My cleaner came so I rested on my bed. I read the newspaper. Then carmela painted my finger and toe nails for me. A dark green. Then she carried on cleaning. I was on the site and read my book until she went. After 4 hours.
Went into the sitting room and had a sandwich. That was made for me. Read my book watched tv, read then went to shower and wash my hair. Now that's a pain. It's long and getting longer and more difficult for me to wash by myself. No choice. I could wear an old bra and knickers and the ex could help. That's bound to happen eventually.
Tomorrow night is the eve of the passover. I'm really looking forward to it. Not.
Good night to you all. Enjoy the rest of your day. Hugs to all.

margd

Chula and Paul's roommate
Veteran
Purraise
I had some minor excitement when for some odd reason I was called for Jury Duty in Baltimore.  I don't live in Baltimore and never have.  Since I don't check my mail that often, I overlooked the summons and by the time I realized it,  I was being threatened with jail time and a $1000 fine.  
  When I went on-line, as directed, the instructions said the only way I could resolve it was to send in a copy of a change of address from the MVA showing I'd moved.    Fortunately, it only took a phone call to point out how ludicrous this was, so I am saved from the slammer.  Still, I had a rough night before the office opened, wondering if I was about to fall into some maze of governmental insanity. 

Last edited:

inanna

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I had some minor excitement when for some odd reason I was called for Jury Duty in Baltimore.  I don't live in Baltimore and never have.  Since I don't check my mail that often, I overlooked the summons and by the time I realized it,  I was being threatened with jail time and a $1000 fine.  :eyemouth:   When I went on-line, as directed, the instructions said the only way I could resolve it was to send in a copy of a change of address from the MVA showing I'd moved.    Fortunately, it only took a phone call to point out how ludicrous this was, so I am saved from the slammer.  Still, I had a rough night though before the office opened, wondering if I was about to fall into some maze of governmental insanity. :D
That's got to be a weird, nerve wracking experience. I'm glad your not in the slammer. Who would feed the kitties?

I got home from work about 45 minutes ago. I'm relaxing in bed. I'd sleep, but 3 of my 4 cats are zipping around the house. The kitten has decided to join Jake and Andy's late night antics. I may never sleep again.

Kat0121

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise

I had some minor excitement when for some odd reason I was called for Jury Duty in Baltimore.  I don't live in Baltimore and never have.  Since I don't check my mail that often, I overlooked the summons and by the time I realized it,  I was being threatened with jail time and a $1000 fine.  
  When I went on-line, as directed, the instructions said the only way I could resolve it was to send in a copy of a change of address from the MVA showing I'd moved.    Fortunately, it only took a phone call to point out how ludicrous this was, so I am saved from the slammer.  Still, I had a rough night though before the office opened, wondering if I was about to fall into some maze of governmental insanity. 
I got a jury summons from Colorado in Florida about 5 or 6 years after I moved. It was addressed to my Florida address. I called them and told them I moved. They said that they figured I had 2 homes. That's a heck of a drive for a snowbird.

They never asked me to send anything.

margd

Chula and Paul's roommate
Veteran
Purraise

I got a jury summons from Colorado in Florida about 5 or 6 years after I moved. It was addressed to my Florida address. I called them and told them I moved. They said that they figured I had 2 homes. That's a heck of a drive for a snowbird.

They never asked me to send anything.
Now that is just plain nuts.  And I thought Baltimore was desperate for people!  

handsome kitty

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I live in Oakland CA's county.  We each get a summons every year.  I lived in Maryland for 20 years and only got called once.

Status
Not open for further replies.