The "What are you Doing" Thread - 2016.

Status
Not open for further replies.

stewball

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Watching the movie Sophias choice . Today is a quiet day of movies.

Last night Jon took me to Applebees. We chitchat about various things. Then he says he's looking at property the next state over and says "well it will be a longer commute for you when you move in with me. ". Now you have to understand I'm different. I don't want to cohabit with anyone but then again I long to share a home with someone but its just oh I don't know.

We also have been together for 13? 14? Years. Lost count. I just felt it was odd that he said it rather than ask hey would you consider moving? At first I said I'm never moving again but then I said well you know I change my mind every hour.

I said well we never know what the future holds..so we had a good date. I've been working so much that we never have time to get together. So I also did some yardwork yesterday while he tinkered on his tractor.

The cats spent most of the afternoon rolling around in the newly growing cat mint and licking it.

Todays colder than yesterday and I don't want to overdo the work since I just got over a bad sinus infection. It will be an easy day today. Have to figure out something fast for dinner. Still have leftovers so hopefully I can skip another day of cooking.

He's fast asleep on the couch while I watch tv and hover here on my couch. We stayed up until 3am watching those three oarts of "I will spit on your gravr or something like this" so I'm kind of tired from not enough sleep. Zzzz
You watched sophie's choice with meryl streep? Some choice she had.

stewball

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh, that gift was at Christmas Eve... it was just a cute thing to give to the upcoming new member of the family.. I got it at a craft fair.. it was not expensive, but it was the thought...at least that is what I thought...

but, I guess I am from Mars......a different way of thinking...

Whatever...

My dad, had he been currently alive, would be furious at the entire situation...

but- I guess that saying is true:  " You can choose your friends, but not your family"....

thanks for understanding my 'horribleness"....I still feel like a bad person  for feeling this way..

thank you again...

Artie~~~is my buddy; my love.....  Marie is a great friend of mine---my real family----and another cousin and his wife,  whom I re-connected or just connected with, after my dad died are what I consider family---we are in constant connection.....oh, and my cousin's cousin...we see eye to eye on a lot of things....we have become friends...

OMG..I am giving out TMI on me...sorry...

:hijack:  
You're far from horrible. Really. People who don't appreciate gifts etc are not worth worrying about.

stewball

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
In my prone position. Whisky's on the bed and blighty's on the windowsill looking out.
I'm afraid I went square eyed today with too much tv.
My back is as healed as it's ever going to be. I'm lucky. It healed quite quickly. Comparatively.
I'm feeling a bit down today. Oh well. It comes and it goes.
Enjoy the rest of the evening all of you.

Last edited by a moderator:

donutte

Professional cat sitter extraordinaire!
Top Cat
Purraise
Playing some mind-numbing Facebook games. I ran out of energy on five stupid games way faster than expected though, so had to stop.

Fighting off a headache again. Hopefully I can sleep tonight. I miss my bean bag pillow, didn't realize just how much I needed it.

handsome kitty

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Still shaking my head over Eclipse's antics this morning. I went out to chase the duck out of the pool and when I was coming back in he dashed out the door.  He chased the duck until it flew out of the yard then when he saw me coming to scoop him up he ran into the Oleander bush which can be toxic to cats if ingested.  I ran into the house to get help catching the rascal and both  DH and DS were in the shower so I woke Kim and had her come out.  By now he was on the wall of the neighbors yard. So I ran around the houses to the back of the wall and now he is in the neighbors yard. So I run back around the 3 houses and grab a step stool and a can of tuna.  Opened it up and put it on the fence.  Eclipse finally can over to investigate the yummy tuna smells, Kim was right there and grabbed him and we took him into the house.  We did give him some tuna.

And the duck is back, the cat is glued to the sliding glass door, so I put the leash on him and out we go to chase the duck. DH is finally dressed and getting strawberries from the yard so we went in with him.  Eclipse was not happy.  The duck kept coming back and DH was chasing it out of the pool so I had to keep holding Eclipse so he didn't run out again.  then there were 2 ducks aaargh!  Finally had a chance to make some breakfast and I gave Eclipse some Ham to keep him away from the door while DH was still chasing away the ducks.  then the beast is jumping up and digging his claws in my but. I gave him another taste of ham and told him he could just ask.  I hear this tiny meow , look down and there he is by his empty dish asking for more.  He's so cute.

foxxycat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Honeybee on my lap, music playing in background

Still shaking my head over Eclipse's antics this morning. I went out to chase the duck out of the pool and when I was coming back in he dashed out the door.  He chased the duck until it flew out of the yard then when he saw me coming to scoop him up he ran into the Oleander bush which can be toxic to cats if ingested.  I ran into the house to get help catching the rascal and both  DH and DS were in the shower so I woke Kim and had her come out.  By now he was on the wall of the neighbors yard. So I ran around the houses to the back of the wall and now he is in the neighbors yard. So I run back around the 3 houses and grab a step stool and a can of tuna.  Opened it up and put it on the fence.  Eclipse finally can over to investigate the yummy tuna smells, Kim was right there and grabbed him and we took him into the house.  We did give him some tuna.

And the duck is back, the cat is glued to the sliding glass door, so I put the leash on him and out we go to chase the duck. DH is finally dressed and getting strawberries from the yard so we went in with him.  Eclipse was not happy.  The duck kept coming back and DH was chasing it out of the pool so I had to keep holding Eclipse so he didn't run out again.  then there were 2 ducks aaargh!  Finally had a chance to make some breakfast and I gave Eclipse some Ham to keep him away from the door while DH was still chasing away the ducks.  then the beast is jumping up and digging his claws in my but. I gave him another taste of ham and told him he could just ask.  I hear this tiny meow , look down and there he is by his empty dish asking for more.  He's so cute.
Hahaha! the summer place I rent for two weeks has a rabbit who chases the ducks out of his lawn-its the most bizarre thing! My cats were not too interested in the ducks last summer-they didn't really care if they were there. But that Rabbit=he DID NOT want those ducks on his turf!

Sitting at the computer and wondering if I will be meeting my dad tonight at an auction. We haven't seen each other since Christmas other than a Hi and bye. I still have things that need to be finished up as far as the cats-tonight is trash night and that's the time I only deal with changing cat litter-otherwise those bags of cat litter just get in my way=too heavy to leave in the trash buckets otherwise I can't lift it.

And of course the other family member who is nosey about what's going on. I still haven't figured out how to worm my way out of their life.

Artiemom=I know exactly how you feel. About people and not saying thank you for gifts. I wont go into it here but let's just say I am more than content to be alone and don't want anything to do with family. Tired of the rumors and gossipy women in this family. That's probably why I love working with men. They don't ask all those annoying questions or try to analyze everything I say.

Maybe we will take a ride to the auction and meet my dads new girl. Its only 5 miles down the road-not sure..will decide on the ride home. Hope you all have a great night/day!

stewball

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Playing some mind-numbing Facebook games. I ran out of energy on five stupid games way faster than expected though, so had to stop.

Fighting off a headache again. Hopefully I can sleep tonight. I miss my bean bag pillow, didn't realize just how much I needed it.
Where is it?

stewball

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hahaha! the summer place I rent for two weeks has a rabbit who chases the ducks out of his lawn-its the most bizarre thing! My cats were not too interested in the ducks last summer-they didn't really care if they were there. But that Rabbit=he DID NOT want those ducks on his turf!

Sitting at the computer and wondering if I will be meeting my dad tonight at an auction. We haven't seen each other since Christmas other than a Hi and bye. I still have things that need to be finished up as far as the cats-tonight is trash night and that's the time I only deal with changing cat litter-otherwise those bags of cat litter just get in my way=too heavy to leave in the trash buckets otherwise I can't lift it.

And of course the other family member who is nosey about what's going on. I still haven't figured out how to worm my way out of their life.

Artiemom=I know exactly how you feel. About people and not saying thank you for gifts. I wont go into it here but let's just say I am more than content to be alone and don't want anything to do with family. Tired of the rumors and gossipy women in this family. That's probably why I love working with men. They don't ask all those annoying questions or try to analyze everything I say.

Maybe we will take a ride to the auction and meet my dads new girl. Its only 5 miles down the road-not sure..will decide on the ride home. Hope you all have a great night/day!
Did you go to see your dad?

stewball

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Usual position. In case anybody wondered why I'm always lying down, it's because it's nighttime and I'm in bed reclining against the TV cushion. No TV in here though.
What did I do today. Tv and the newspaper. Showered late so much hair is still wet.
Lovely cool weather and rain. Just how I like my weather. Soon it'll be in the 30°c everyday if not higher. I can't bear it. I didn't heat the apartment during the winter to save on the electricity as I go mad with the air conditioner in the summer. So much easier to warm-up than to cool down.
My ex is busy preparing emergency bags for us both incase a. There's a war or b. An earthquake!!!! Well as long as he's happy. I don't think about these things. I don't think of bring stabbed the few times I do leave the house. Such a life.
The cats spent most of their.waking time, which wasn't much, with the ex.
My previous cats spent all their time on my.lap and sleeping with me.

Last edited by a moderator:

Margret

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Sara peed on it :/
I have a bean bag pillow, as well, and last time I was sick I threw up on it.  It actually is possible to clean them, believe it or not.  Put in a lingerie bag and wash on the gentle cycle, then dry with no heat at all (heat melts the Styrofoam beads).  It may take a couple of hours to dry, but it's good as new afterwards.

Margret

foxxycat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Did you go to see your dad?
No. It was so nice out after having days of rain and snow...I got the cat boxes dumped and washed. vacuumed the mess from the cat litter. I should have gone to see dad but trash night is once a week and I don't have anywhere to put the bags of used litter without it being outside or in my small kitchen..its something I have put off for awhile. Besides I got to talk to dad a bit on facebook messenger. I let him know to give me a heads up a couple of days so I can plan around it. back to working 7 days a week now. until may then I will take the first weekend off in may and hopefully financially I wont need to keep working all this overtime. time will tell.

Getting more orders done at work. Still more of the same as yesterday. And until next week the 20th when the boss gets back so I have to find other people to place orders. So for the next week hopefully wont be too stressful.

This evening looks to be warmer than yesterday so I may take a walk with Jon. We are still competing against each other as far as fitness. He isn't interested in weights and I told him when I am done I will be lifting him LOL. Its good that he gets out. So not sure what we will do or go tonight..I am kind of sore from yesterdays intense workout but feels good. So who knows.. I know the cats were very happy to be outside in the sun yesterday. Honeybee sat in the front garden watching a hole for hours. She is the mole catcher. They tore up my lawn this spring...

eck1kaylie

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
*sigh* it's been gorgeous out the last couple of days. Probably the best weather we've had so far.
And I've been stuck inside at work. :(
It's 77 right now, and I'm working until 10pm (as usual).
Hopefully it's still nice tomorrow!

betsygee

Just what part of meow don't you understand.
Staff Member
Purraise
*sigh* it's been gorgeous out the last couple of days. Probably the best weather we've had so far.
Gorgeous here, too, and I'm lucky enough to have the day off today. I have a list of stuff to do indoors, but couldn't resist getting out for a bit. I've been harvesting fir tips to make this: http://www.splendidtable.org/recipes/spruce-or-fir-tip-syrup

Once it marinates, I'm going to try the recipe for a Woods Collins Spritzer:

Mix 3-4 parts gin with one part spruce tip syrup. Add a squeeze of lime. Pour over ice and add club soda. Garnish with wild berries, a few spruce tips and/or a lime wheel. Delicious and piney!

:beerpals:

donutte

Professional cat sitter extraordinaire!
Top Cat
Purraise
I hope it's in the 60s/70s when I'm up in Minneapolis the end of September! It's been pretty nice here, a bit on the chilly side though. I'm ok with chilly, especially at night, as long as it's nice out. ie, not all gloomy and what-not.

I'm up pretty early again. I knew I would be. Ah well, "me" time. And I need to check the thermostat when I get up, it's so cold in here my coffee got cold really fast! Oh well. Will feed the babies at around 6am. I always tell them no getting fed before that, so don't ask. Of course, they do, all in unison - just makes me smile so much! :D

It's release weekend for us at work, so a lot of folks are off today because they are working tomorrow. Not me this time, but I bet I'll be working it for June for some reason. So expecting today will be pretty quiet.

And just realized I have a 60-year-old sister as of today :jaw:

Last edited:

foxxycat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Going to be a long weekend. I am the only one working this weekend here. I should try to come in earlier but Its so hard to get up when I am supposed to get up as it is.

It was beautiful out yesterday. Went to the shoe store to get new work boots because my feet are throbbing from worn out boots. They discontinued the only one that fits. So I have to search online for them. I bought a similar pair in black but my feet are swimming in them. I may have to buy the smaller size and have these as back up. They don't take returns if I walked in them. So I then got home right at sunset. Took care of the cat chores. Pumpkin face is limping again so made another appointment to get her laser treatment for Tuesday. I will give her the liquid nerve meds they prescribed for her tonight.

Floey was coughing the other night and didn't think anything of it. thought it was a hairball. She did it again longer this morning. Told Jon to call me if she does it again-I gave her a puff of albuterol-I had asked my vet if any of my other cats cough if I can do this? She said yes. So when I take Pumpkin in Tuesday for recheck of her urine for her infection I can always bring Floey along if we have more episodes-I will ask for xrays to see if theres anything going on. Shes been acting normal. no sneezing or other illness. Goes outside and follows Honeybee around the yard. Just not sure what to think. I also need to get her another ultrasound of her heart but I want to see how the weekend goes-and then I will decide on Monday if we need to move faster on this. I have never seen Floey cough before but she is almost 17. So it could have been spring allergies. But at least I didn't get too upset this morning since I already have one asthma puffing kitty.. Floey actually took the puffer like a champ.She didn't fight too much but she definitely doesn't like the smell of the albuterol. I haven't heard anything from Jon and its almost noontime so Floey is probably doing good.

Will go right home after work and see what is going on. Maybe buy some food for the grill and enjoy the backyard for a chance.

inanna

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I'm trying to put off chores. Jake and Andy are at the vets being neutered and I feel like now's the best time to clean while they aren't under foot or attacking my vacuum. My motivation is gone however. I still feel terrible from this morning. Jake woke me up around 4 am by crying in my face. "Human, where is my food!" Andy followed suit and seemed in distress by the sudden disappearance of their food bowl.

I feel even more terrible because there is this enormous German Shepard at the vet being neutered today too. Neither of my boys were happy with their new pre-op buddy.

Status
Not open for further replies.